“Lovely hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business. Check in was speedy and staff were polite. Offered me a room with a harbour view which I accepted. Room was spacious and clean although at 6ft the bed was far too small. Breakfast was fantastic and I felt that staff across the hotel wanted to offer the best possible service. A bottle of water was offered to me on check out and I found this to be a very nice touch. Great hotel and I would recommend. However I can only rate it 3 stars as my sleep was interrupted by having such a small bed. If the bed was of a reasonable size I would happily have given 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Chris1080,

Thank you for your review of The Bristol Hotel,

I am delighted to read that our team managed to deliver a memorable service throughout your stay. I am disappointed that you were unable to sleep well. We would have been delighted to arrange a more suitable room had you brought this to our attention.

Hopefully this will not deter you from trying us again. Please do contact me directly – I would be delighted to personally look after you for any future bookings to ensure we can deliver on both product and service.

Gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed one night and specifically wanted a city location, The Bristol matches this perfectly. As other reviewers have said it's worth trying to get a room with a harbour view. The food was excellent and staff superb very professional and friendly. The only 3 disappointments we had a superior room which was great but had a very small bathroom, for example the shower screen touched the opposite wall, did not do justice to the very spacious room. The decor could have been fresher, and the dining room grille, fab setting with huge glazed frontage created drafts on the cool evening. It would have benefitted from more modern glazing units or triple glazing. Not a deal breaker just a contrast to the exemplary service & setting.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear BradfordTravellog,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I am so sorry to hear of your few disappointments with your stay; however I am pleased to read that my team delivered great service and that you both had an overall enjoyable stay.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our second visit to The Bristol Hotel and it was just as perfect! We had a Superior Room on the sixth floor with great views, the room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts were again excellent, really good buffet and service. The staff can't do enough to help and really make you feel special. We will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Worth the extra for a Superior Room, ask to overlook either the Quayside or St Mary Redcliffe Church...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Marie H,

Welcome back to The Bristol Hotel!

I am delighted you decided to return to us again since your wonderful visit last August. It is pleasing to read that you again experience the warmth of our team and that we managed to create another memorable stay.

Please do let me know when you are returning, I would love to personally welcome you back. In the meantime – I look forward to seeing you soon.

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for two nights. I had previously contacted the hotel and requested a quiet room and they quickly responded and arranged this for us.

The hotel is located right on the harbour so everything is a few minutes walk away. Check in was quick and the free parking is a huge bonus. There was a good choice at breakfast and the quality of the food was good. On the Sunday at 9am they were doing a fantastic job but were a bit understaffed for the demand.

One major negative is that the room was not well soundproofed from adjoining ones. We could hear people talking in the next room very clearly. Generally the room was spacious (although the bathroom small).Good fittings and comfy bed but the room itself felt a little 'Soviet' and dated.

Room Tip: This is a balance. I'd go for the potentially noisier harbour view, as the rooms themselves aren...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stuartdNewburyUk
Dear stuartdNewburyUK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Bristol Hotel.

Its pleasing to read that you enjoyed our city centre location and that you availed of our adjacent complimentary car parking. Over all - thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for my partners 50th. Greeted pleasantly by staff who were very friendly & accommodating. Room lovely, clean & spacious. Only problem was the bath water was too cold & the shower water was too hot. Breakfast lovely with a guy playing the piano on Sunday morning. Lots of selection & you could eat as much as you wanted.
Parking limited if you have a high car - 6ft 3" was limit - we couldnt get in.
Overall, it was a gorgeous hotel & we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SalsaChickPlymouth,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and endorsement of The Bristol Hotel.

I am delighted you chose to stay with us to help you celebrate your partners 50th birthday.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for two nights this weekend. Quick and professional check in. Room was lovely and spacious and spotlessly clean. Bathrooms are small as previous reviewers have said, but it was perfectly functionable with good quality toiletries and fluffy towels. The bed was so comfy I wanted to take it home! Plenty of good quality tea and coffee. We had a harbourside view which was lovely to watch the world go by. Little noisy on Saturday night but thats to be expected wherever you stay. We had Room Service breakfast the first morning, easy menu to complete and leave on your door to be collected and hey presto it was delivered at the time we requested and piping hot. There is a £5 tray charge which was well worth it . We had breakfast overlooking the harbour on the second morning, the selection was good and well stocked. Free car park was a great bonus. Overall all of the staff we met were friendly and helpful.
We have stayed in hotels all over Bristol but this one was by far the best.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear JasonG,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It is always great to receive such a positive and comprehensive review – I will be delighted to share your feedback with our team.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I delighted you thought of us as one of the ‘best' hotels in Bristol. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time - room this time smaller with just a shower. Clean but starting to need updating, especially the bathroom. Breakfast not too busy but service slower that before, it took ages to get a second coffee and to get our plates cleared. Probably will look for a new hotel on our next visit to Bristol.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear VikkiHB,

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room size, all of our rooms do vary in size.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss all our room options if you would consider us again in future, with your preferences in mind I am very confident we can find a room that will be perfect for you so please do reach out to me personally to assist with your next Bristol trip.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Bristol Hotel in the future.