“All good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hayling Island
“All good”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I find little to fault with The Bristol Hotel. A great view from the front, not a problem from outside; even on a Saturday night.

Only thing there is a little inter floor room noise and carpet could have been cleaner. Very minor quibbles.

Nice touches included a great range of teas, in room coffee maker and friendly service. Would come back and recommend the hotel foe anyone wanting to enjoy the area from a very convenient location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lance N,

Thank you for the amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted that you had a great time with us over the weekend. Its pleasing to read that you have enjoyed the additional features of our deluxe room category – great coffee in the room is an excellent way to wake up in the morning!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon.

The Bristol Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Maybe I had read too many reviews before we got there but I had really high expectations for this hotel. When we arrived I was really impressed by the reception/lobby area, it was modern and had a bustling atmosphere. We were welcomed and swiftly checked in. We made our way up to our room and were pretty disappointed. When I was booking the room I asked if we could possibly have a harbour view room. I know its not always possible, especially on a busy weekend but I still felt quite let down when our view was pretty much the other side of the hotel! Not very pleasant, aside from that, the room was very small. We didn't sleep very well either as the walls were very thin so we could hear everything! It also got very hot because of the size. It was probably the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. That wasn't a big deal though as I can appreciate that rooms can be smaller in city hotels. On the positive side, when we returned to the hotel that night we had a drink at the bar where they had some lovely live jazz music which was great. I was really looking forward to breakfast as it was going to be in the restaurant which faced out to the harbour and looked beautiful; however I suppose it was a busy morning as we were sent to the 'overflow' breakfast room at the front of the building, disappointing. The breakfast was very nice and we had lots of choice. Overall we left feeling a bit let down as this was for a special birthday celebration, unfortunately I don't think we will return.

Dear Sunnysally12,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important for me and my team and integral towards our continued efforts to improve our service and product within the hotel.

I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us; however it does not reflect our usual high standards we strive to achieve.

I do hope we may be able to tempt you in to returning to The Bristol Hotel ; if so - if I could possibly encourage you to contact me directly so I can personally ensure you will have an all round great personal and memorable experience.

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Bristol hotel was very nice, clean and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel room was cosy and the bathroom on the small side, but had everything that you would expect. The bed however, was short, with both myself and my wife's feet hanging off the end but as it was well after midnight when we got to bed we did not report the problem and we slept OK. In the morning though we also noted that there was a definite roll towards the middle in the bed and that it must have been made for hobbits. The breakfast was good though and for it to be included in the price appears to be a little bit less common nowadays, but very welcomed. The car park next door is complimentary though you still need to collect a ticket as normal and then get a pass on check-out.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mooncat76,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted to read that you both had an overall good experience with us – however I am sorry that you experienced problems with the size of your bed.

Hopefully this will not deter you from trying us again. Please do contact me directly – I would be delighted to personally look after you for any future bookings to ensure we can deliver on both product and service.

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel proved a very good base for our two-night stay visiting Bristol for the first time. Being able to walk straight out and walk along Floating Harbour (with its cafes, restaurants, attractions) made this a good location. We parked in the NCP car park next door, left the car there for 36 hours, and the hotel gave us an exit ticket when we checked out. We walked everywehere we needed to get to.
Staff were helpful. Walls quite thin (or was this because of connecting door? - could hear conversation next door). Restaurant has nice view over the Harbour, but felt a bit short of space at busy breakfast time. Overall: clean, fresh, bright and modern, convenient and friendly. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Specify air conditioning if you need it. Our room faced other rooms but was very quiet and peacefu...
Dear HertsCouple,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you both had a great time exploring Bristol and that you found the location of the hotel a great advantage. The complimentary car parking does assist in creating a stress free visit to the centre of Bristol.

Please do let me know when you return - I would be delighted to ensure you are allocated a room that will not have interconnecting features. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Leeds
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Don't be put off by the hotel's sixties slightly shabby looking exterior, internally its
very modern. Some of the internal public spaces are a little gloomy, but the room I
had (top floor, river view) was very bright and well decorated. The espresso machine
was a nice touch.

The breakfast buffet was served in the restaurant that overlooks the river/marina and was
well stocked with good quality food. The serving staff were very nice and efficient.

I very much enjoyed my stay, and while it was a business trip this time I would consider
their staying there again if I was visiting for leisure.

Room Tip: Top floor river view room was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear scsjason,

Thank you for your great review!

I am delighted to read that you have had a great experience with us and I am pleased we have made your business trip pleasurable.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to relax and enjoy the hotel and to help you explore the beautiful Bristol area. Hopefully we can become your Bristol home away from home!

In the meantime, don’t forget to book the best rates directly with us - Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business. Check in was speedy and staff were polite. Offered me a room with a harbour view which I accepted. Room was spacious and clean although at 6ft the bed was far too small. Breakfast was fantastic and I felt that staff across the hotel wanted to offer the best possible service. A bottle of water was offered to me on check out and I found this to be a very nice touch. Great hotel and I would recommend. However I can only rate it 3 stars as my sleep was interrupted by having such a small bed. If the bed was of a reasonable size I would happily have given 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris1080,

Thank you for your review of The Bristol Hotel,

I am delighted to read that our team managed to deliver a memorable service throughout your stay. I am disappointed that you were unable to sleep well. We would have been delighted to arrange a more suitable room had you brought this to our attention.

Bradford
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed one night and specifically wanted a city location, The Bristol matches this perfectly. As other reviewers have said it's worth trying to get a room with a harbour view. The food was excellent and staff superb very professional and friendly. The only 3 disappointments we had a superior room which was great but had a very small bathroom, for example the shower screen touched the opposite wall, did not do justice to the very spacious room. The decor could have been fresher, and the dining room grille, fab setting with huge glazed frontage created drafts on the cool evening. It would have benefitted from more modern glazing units or triple glazing. Not a deal breaker just a contrast to the exemplary service & setting.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view
Dear BradfordTravellog,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I am so sorry to hear of your few disappointments with your stay; however I am pleased to read that my team delivered great service and that you both had an overall enjoyable stay.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.