“excellent”

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A very friendly, welcoming, pleasant and comfortable hotel. Situated in an excellent location close to the old harbour, quay, activities and amenities. I would certainly recommend this hotel and revist again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Brenda T
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Brenda T,

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation; we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,780)

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night only we would like to have stayed longer .We Found the hotel reception very helpful on arrival the room overlooking the river was excellent spotlessly clean spacious and very comfortable. The position of the hotel right in the center of the city is perfect for all sightseeing wonderful breakfast for all tastes we will recommend this hotel and certainly stay longer on our next visit

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jack m

Dear Jack M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Bristol Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you have had an enjoyable yet brief time with us. It is great knowing that our service ethos transcends to the guest experience.

Remember to book directly with us to avail of the best packages when you have the opportunity to return. The team and I are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stay frequently at this hotel and have never been disappointed with any aspect of the service or facilities. The staff are consistently excellent.
For a City Centre Hotel I could not recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank johnspeat

Dear Johnspeat,

Wow! 5 stars – thank you very much.

I am delighted to read that we have become your Bristol home away from home; I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed midweek in early April with a hotel package (booked direct) that included breakfast and free cocktail. Two factors helped our choice: excellent location right at the heart of Bristol's attractions and free parking. The parking is in the adjacent NCP and actually gives you up to two days free parking as the hotel provides an exit pass to use in the barrier - a very valuable facility in Bristol!
5th floor (superior) room overlooked the street rather than the harbourfront but was spacious and well-equipped with a good bathroom. Very quiet with triple glazed windows but hard to get fresh air without noise! Chose to eat out but restaurant menu looked interesting and reasonable value compared with those nearby. Breakfast was buffet-style and very good (overlooking the harbourside) - with fresh fruit and juice and good selection of hot and cold items. Staff everywhere were pleasant and polite and public areas have a calm influence - which is welcome when staying in the heart of a city.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay and can definitely recommend - but maybe care needs to be had with choice of room judging by some other reviews. Possibly booking direct helps? We paid little more to get full flexibility of booking plus breakfast.

Room Tip: 509 certainly good but street facing
1  Thank MIchael D

Dear Michael D,

Thank you for such a comprehensive review and for taking the time to share your experience with others.

I am absolutely pleased you have had a great time with us and that you have had an overall great stay. A great breakfast with a harbourside view is a phenomenal way to start any day.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is in a top position on the Bristol waterfront it couldn't be faulted in anyway, four busy days taking in the sites of Bristol and a first class stay in the Hotel. Parking at no cost in the NCP car park next door.

Room Tip: Choose a high water front view room
1  Thank Colin H

Dear Colin H,

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted you chose to stay with and avail of our complimentary parking in the adjacent NCP car park. It is also great to read you enjoyed our central harbourside location.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next Bristol trip.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in three very good quality hotels in Bristol over the past eighteen months but have found this to be our favourite so far. The bedroom was the smallest but was very comfortable and we liked the range of good toiletries, something you don't often find in standard rooms. We were told the room had a good view but might be noisy and were offered alternatives. However, it was no problem at all to us and we slept very soundly.
The breakfast was a delightful surprise, looking over Harbourside and listening to the gentle sounds of the piano being played in the background.
The service overall was polite, friendly and very efficient.
The hotel is also extremely well-placed for the bustling harbour and Park St.
We will definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine D
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Christine D,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you experienced the warmth and friendliness of our team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back ultimately I hope we remain your ‘favourite hotel’ in Bristol – remember to book directly to get the best rates!

Hope to see you soon!

The Bristol Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2014

When we arrived in the foyer the hotel looks very impressive, I took my partner as a treat so I was happy, until we got to the room. We stayed in a tiny room (almost enough space for a single person) with no room to move and the bathroom was exceptionally minute. As soon as we put our bags down we couldn't even walk around as there was no space for bags. There was no mirror apart from the one in the bathroom for me to do hair and make up and we were woken around 6.30am as we could hear people from the next room in their bathroom (which was a sectioned off area of our room). My booking through hotels.com stated that we were booked in to a superior room - if this was superior then I cannot imagine the basic room size. There are much better hotels in bristol for the price they charge, I was very embarrassed as my partner and I were expecting the superior standard which we had expected.

Dear Llewcyn,

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room size, all of our rooms are unique & some of our entry level superior rooms unfortunately are smaller in size and can tend to me more geared towards single business travellers.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss all our room options if you would consider us again in future, with your preferences in mind I am very confident we can find a room that will be perfect for you in terms of space and value so please do reach out to me personally to assist with your next Bristol trip.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Bristol Hotel in the future

The Bristol Hotel