The Bristol
US$112
US$107
US$102
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
Agoda.com
US$103
US$100
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotels.com
US$97
US$93
Priceline
3,975 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband celebrating a birthday with friends, fantastic base for enjoying the night life around Bristol lovely harbour side. Could not fault the hotel, lovely service, free parking, clean and spacious room. Contemporary style, and the breakfast was gorgeous.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ash1-10
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted to read that you have had an overall ‘fantastic’ stay with us. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next Bristol trip.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my fourth visit to the bristol. While the first three occasions were exceptional, this was very disappointing. Primarily the problem was the room. A small corner room with stained bedding and deep embedded stains on the floor. It has certainly made me question a fifth path visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing recent stay however I am delighted that you have stayed with us previously and you know that this is not our usual high standard we strive to deliver.

Please do get in touch with me, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in The Bristol Hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don't usually leave reviews, but for the money which we paid, i feel i need to. Upon arriving i felt it would be a good hotel, but our room had mould under the window and mark on the wall, strange smell

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Littlemare

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing recent stay. I can assure you that your experience certainly does not live up to our usual standards.

Please do reach out to me personally; I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience directly with you. I am very confident we will be able to reinstate your faith in us.

Gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Decided to book for two nights in this hotel and very glad we did. Check in was ultra efficient and polite. Car prking in a multistorey car park free of charge. Rooms and the whole hotel spotless. Food was far better than expected and the breakfast a veritable feast.
The who;e experience was one the I would repeat.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank burnsidenigel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the online travel community.
I am delighted to read that you had an overall great stay with us and that you also had time to discover our fantastic River Grille Restaurant – with locally sourced food cooked well, panoramic harbour views – what a great way to start any morning or relax in the evenings.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'd feel terrible if I took a mark away from the hotel because of some badly thought out "entertainment" - but I came very close to doing so. More of that in a moment.

We booked through a website named Splendia. I wouldn't recommend doing that. I noticed we had been charged twenty five quid too much. Splendia demonstrated quite clearly that they couldn't care less and wanted me to sort it out with the hotel. I did, and the hotel were brilliant; but I shouldn't have had to- it was the agents job. Book with the hotel directly, or with a reputable booking agent- i.e. a different one. The hotel refunded the overpayment and, to apologise for the error, upgraded our room and gave us two cocktail vouchers.

The room was great. Spacious, well equipped, comfortable. We were on the sixth floor with views towards the cathedral. I would point out, however, that our friends on the fourth floor said that the bathroom was so small in their room that they had to walk in sideways. We had no complaints whatsoever.

The staff were lovely throughout; whether at reception, the bar or the restaurant. Top marks there. Breakfast was good, and at a usual hotel type price- but if you don't want a hotel breakfast the harbour is just behind the hotel and has lots of alternatives.

I have but one complaint. Saturday night we decided to retire to the bar for a quiet drink and a chat. Upon arrival we noticed they had a pianist and saxophonist about to strike up. We thought that might be pleasant. How wrong we were. They may have been a duo, but they played as if they had never met. They also did their level best to outdo each other in a demonstration of their improvisation skills. Never had I heard so many classic tunes murdered in such a terrible way. Never had I been previously tempted to garrotte a pianist with his own piano wire. They appeared to be inspired by Wynton Marsalis, however were entirely devoid of his talent- and ruined what should have been a relaxing evening. Note to hotel- you did everything well, but this kind of "entertainment" is not suitable for your bar. We will undoubtedly return to your hotel, but we will have to take our bar bill elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you're staying at the weekend, don't book a room overlooking the harbour. It's vibrant, thriving, but noisy until 3AM and you might want to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian T

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!

We really appreciate the time you have taken to contribute such a comprehensive review. I am pleased that you have had overall a pleasant and memorable stay with us. You will be glad to hear our Saturday evening entertainments is rolling and changes weekly.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back with us soon!