“Excellent”

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent in all aspects: the professionalism and warm and welcoming attitudes of the staff; the cleanliness and high quality standard of the hotel; the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, a delightful array of amenities in fresh and bright bathrooms; the very tasty and diverse choice of food ....the list goes on. I will definately stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Bristol

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked the hotel for a theatre visit to Bristol. The hotel is ideally located, not too far the theatre but not right in the city centre. We took a package deal with pre theatre dinner. From start to finish everything was excellent - the booking, parking, check-in, room, food and service.
This is the second time we've stayed - a couple of years apart and both times our expectations were met.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for one night before attending a conference in the hotel the following day, it seemed convenient to stay at the same hotel. It was easy to find, within walking distance from Temple Meads Station. Checkin was a bit of a nightmare as there were a lot of people checking in at the same time and the Reception area is very cramped and dark. I had heard from friends who had already arrived, some had luxurious rooms with Nespresso machines and the like, mind (No 126) was a very standard hotel room, probably not too different from when it was a Jurys Inn, with an outlook onto a flat roof and rooflights. There was no aircon but there were three windows which cooled things down - it was a very warm day.
After meeting up with friends and being out for the evening I settled down for the night, but realised quickly that the sounds from the bars etc at the very lively waterfront carried very quickly, so I closed the windows.
Unfortunately I was woken at 2am by my neighbours crashing in through their door and spending a very noisy couple of hours until one of them left. The walls being paper thin left nothing to the imagination. I will say the bed was very comfortable.
I had been warned that breakfast was a bit of a scrum, and I had a note through the door during the evening advising me to have breakfast early. After my disturbed night I preferred an extra half hour's sleep. The bathroom, though cramped, was very well equipped and the very good shower revived me enough to head down to the conference.
I can't think of any reason why I would be back, but £99 for the room and £10 for breakfast (which in the event I didn't have) was a bit steep for my experience, so I would look elsewhere if I was.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up seemed to have more facilities, if there are any with aircon so you can keep win...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review,

I am so sorry to hear of your few disappointments with your stay; however I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the bed in your room.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you are allocated a nice, quiet room.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

comfortable, stylish, welcoming, clean, efficient, great location.. what more could you want?
Air conditioning!
It was ~30degrees when we stayed and the room was sweltering. With open windows the temperature in the bedroom dropped a little but the road noise is loud (pay extra for a waterfront room next time!).. shame to have done such a lovely refurb but not put the aircon in, I can only presume the cost was prohibitive for this concrete building?
Anyway, lovely stay in a funky hotel with a nice bar, great staff, good looking (but untested) restautant.. and the chances of a return visit being during a heatwave are (for the UK) frankly slim.. so all good!

Room Tip: Go riverside, or a high floor

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review,

Firstly I am delighted that you commented so positively on both the staff and hotel - it is great to read that our service ethos transcends clearly to our guest experiences.

Obviously it is disappointing to hear that your room did not have air-conditioning.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you are allocated a room with air conditioning.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Plus: able to park the car in a central location helps big time
Minus: didn't know aircon is not available in the room - bit of a surprise when aircon in HOTEL is a norm. Provided a fan though. Bed is a bit soft for my liking.

Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed parking in our complimentary car park.

Conversely, I do apologise that you room did not have air-conditioning but was happy to see that you were provided a fan.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely hotel with exceptional service. Very good location too right by the harbour and king street. The only complaint I have is the room service meal was tiny. Fish and chips £16 and I had to go out after to find something else to eat.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Bristol Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. However, I am sorry that your meal wasn’t to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to your return visit to Bristol and to welcome you back with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel was in an ideal harbour location with a lovely modern interior. We had an extremely spacious room complete with toiletries, Coffee machine, and huge bed that was very comfortable. The only criticism I would have, is that the bathroom was very small, but not something that was a huge issue for such a short stay. We chose the bubbles and berries package so had a bowl of raspberries and strawberries and a bottle of Cava delivered to our room. Check-in was quick and easy, we arrived very early so the hotel kept our bags and put them in the room when it was ready. Staff were very friendly and always made conversation in the lifts and corridors. We couldn't have asked for more when having breakfast in the river grille. Plenty to choose from including cooked breakfast, fruit, yogurts, cured meats and cheeses, pancakes, cereals, fruit juices, tea and coffee. Gluten free options were clearly labelled, and staff made sure I had gluten free bread too. When checking out, the hotel also kept our bags for the remainder if the day so we could explore Bristol to our hearts content. We can't wait to stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbour, I would imagine, are quieter. Deluxe rooms have the extra facilities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Em_Beswick

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I am delighted to read that overall you felt our product and service was excellent.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon