“No complaints - great staff”
Review of The Bristol

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol
“No complaints - great staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lovely place. Room was clean and well-kept. Bar staff were very polite and friendly. Drinks were expensive but no more than you'd expect from a hotel. Great location and views of the quayside and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Christopher H
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

It is so pleasing to read that you have enjoyed your time with us here at The Bristol Hotel.

Furthermore, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay in this hotel because it is in a perfect location ,the hotel is clean throughout ,friendly staff the rooms are lovely. We have stayed many times and we are very happy with everything , the breakfast is very good lots of choice and pleasant staff plus a lovely view of the harbourside . thanks Bristol.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Lynne T

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

Dunsmore, England
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was so hot, we considered going home! It was also very noisy with the windows open - just a little bit. We had 2 rooms on the 5th floor facing the road at the front of the hotel. The rooms were a decent size and well equipped although the bathrooms are tiny. Could you actually sit on the loo if you were overweight? Very tight space! The shower is good though but the grab handle might get you in the ribs as it is rather obtrusive. The standard rooms have standard double beds which is cosy. There is room for a bigger bed. There was also room for a bigger bathroom if anyone had thought about it.

We could not sleep. For safety reasons the windows hardly open. There are sheer curtains in front of the windows for privacy so no air actually gets into the room. There was no air conditioning. There was a fan, but unless you keep a key card in the slot, it goes off when you are out. On a hot day and airless night, these rooms were awful. No sleep quality and a horrible sticky feeling the whole time we were in the room. We had not pre paid for breakfast so went to a restaurant across the harbour and sat outside watching all the preparations for the Harbour Festival.

We were changed to another room which, very slowly, reduced in temperature after the air conditioning was switched on by us. I had stayed in this hotel 5 years ago when I thought it was very good. It is a shame it was so hot this time because it really spoilt our visit.

Room Tip: Air conditioned room in summer and a high floor to avoid noise.
Green Features: ? What might they have been? We used the same towels. Perhaps it was not having air conditioning? That must be it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BindiB
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review,

Firstly I am delighted that you commented so positively on our shower - it is great to read that our service ethos transcends clearly to our guest experiences

Obviously it is disappointing to hear your sleep was disrupted by noise and the heat, our rooms are triple glazed but on this occasion clearly it was not enough. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you are allocated a quieter room with air conditioning.

I hope to see you again soon

St. Neots
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice hotel, excellent position, staff very good free parking and no hassle. The room was too hot but so was weather bed too hard and small as was the room but provided what we wanted at a reasonable price compared to other hotels on graduation week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review,

Firstly I am delighted that you commented so positively on both the car parking and staff - it is great to read that our service ethos transcends clearly to our guest experiences.

Obviously it is disappointing to hear that your room was small and too hot.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you are allocated a room with air conditioning.

I hope to see you again soon

Pezenes Les Mines
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent in all aspects: the professionalism and warm and welcoming attitudes of the staff; the cleanliness and high quality standard of the hotel; the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, a delightful array of amenities in fresh and bright bathrooms; the very tasty and diverse choice of food ....the list goes on. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked the hotel for a theatre visit to Bristol. The hotel is ideally located, not too far the theatre but not right in the city centre. We took a package deal with pre theatre dinner. From start to finish everything was excellent - the booking, parking, check-in, room, food and service.
This is the second time we've stayed - a couple of years apart and both times our expectations were met.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for one night before attending a conference in the hotel the following day, it seemed convenient to stay at the same hotel. It was easy to find, within walking distance from Temple Meads Station. Checkin was a bit of a nightmare as there were a lot of people checking in at the same time and the Reception area is very cramped and dark. I had heard from friends who had already arrived, some had luxurious rooms with Nespresso machines and the like, mind (No 126) was a very standard hotel room, probably not too different from when it was a Jurys Inn, with an outlook onto a flat roof and rooflights. There was no aircon but there were three windows which cooled things down - it was a very warm day.
After meeting up with friends and being out for the evening I settled down for the night, but realised quickly that the sounds from the bars etc at the very lively waterfront carried very quickly, so I closed the windows.
Unfortunately I was woken at 2am by my neighbours crashing in through their door and spending a very noisy couple of hours until one of them left. The walls being paper thin left nothing to the imagination. I will say the bed was very comfortable.
I had been warned that breakfast was a bit of a scrum, and I had a note through the door during the evening advising me to have breakfast early. After my disturbed night I preferred an extra half hour's sleep. The bathroom, though cramped, was very well equipped and the very good shower revived me enough to head down to the conference.
I can't think of any reason why I would be back, but £99 for the room and £10 for breakfast (which in the event I didn't have) was a bit steep for my experience, so I would look elsewhere if I was.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up seemed to have more facilities, if there are any with aircon so you can keep win...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review,

I am so sorry to hear of your few disappointments with your stay; however I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the bed in your room.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you are allocated a nice, quiet room.