“Perfect for Pleasure”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alcester
“Perfect for Pleasure”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My trip to Bristol at The Bristol Hotel wouldn't of been the same without the hotels location!nits so close to everything! Front he morning and evening restaurant you are looking over the floating harbour and just behind that are all the museums and it's barley any distance from St Nicholas Market. The hotel staff were very welcoming! Don't forget to book a de or this hotel with parking included as there's a car park attached which would be expense however the hotel offer a free ticket for you to use when leaving. There's free wifi EVERYWHERE

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank L D
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review!

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback. I am glad you chose to avail of the complimentary parking within the adjacent car park and that you also enjoyed the complimentary wi-fi.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.

The Bristol Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Krakow
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Bristol Hotel is located in the center of the city, and therefore everything is within a walking distance. Sadly, there were 2 problems- the room was too hot, and the air conditioning could not cope with it, also the air conditioning unit was overgrown with green mould (the openings of its wooden casing).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Bristol Hotel.

I am delighted to read that our hotel was a convenient location for you. Conversely, I am disappointed that you experienced some concerns during your stay with us. Moreover, we would have been delighted to arrange a more suitable room had you brought this to our attention.

Hopefully this will not deter you from trying us again. Please do contact me directly – I would be delighted to personally look after you for any future bookings to ensure we can deliver on both product and service.

North Wales
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed as a couple for a weekend for daughters graduation. Fabulous entrance and pleasant and helpful staff on the desk. We were allocated a room at the front of the hotel looking out at the waterfront, which was lovely. Room was so lovely, spotlessly clean with a huge bed, which was so comfortable. There was a large swivel chair with small table and a smaller chair. TV was large even though we did not use it, coffee maker and all the facilities.

It is near to all the shops,restaurants, beautiful water front, and was easy to find. We had breakfast one morning and it was good. There was minimal noise from other rooms.

Would highly recommend.

3 Thank Cherry322
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ok, so maybe the weekend of 26/27 July 2014 was quite warm, but surely Bristol gets other hot days during summer.
We were "upgraded" to a superior room on the 6th floor which was large and of fair quality.
Shower and bathroom essentials all nice and modern, good selection of shower gel, shampoo's etc.
Decent Nespresso machine, shame the aircon wasn't as decent!
Room and general floor area were extremely hot, quite a rough nights sleep.
Our aircon did its best to keep temp to around 22C in the room, but on checking out I did hear other guests complaining about the heat.
I think the staff are quite used to it now.
Great location - forget the chain bars on the riverside hunt down places like The Grain Barge, ZeroDegrees Brewery, Small Bar, Beer Emporium and others along King Street, a 2 min walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Probably avoid during the warm weather.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review,

Obviously it is disappointing to hear your sleep was disrupted by the heat in your room, some of our rooms have air-conditioning but on this occasion clearly it was not enough. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure that your stay is one to remember.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently and found it to be a lovely comfortable hotel on the waterfront with bars and restaurants in very close proximity. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast very good. During my stay I had a problem with the temperature of my shower and within 30 mins of reporting it to the deputy manager I was moved to an even more spacious executive room as a goodwill gesture. When I met colleagues in the bar area we found the drinks to be reasonably priced too. I would certainly consider staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a valuable rating and I am delighted we were able to resolve any confusion swiftly during your stay with us.

We do aim to deliver a personal, memorable experiences and it is great to read Mike conveyed our service ethos on this visit.

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon – perhaps next time you could book directly with us at the hotel to avail of more great rates and packages available.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked the hotel for a weekend stay. We upgraded to a superior double room. I use a lot of hotels on business so I have a good idea of room quality. In summary the weekend was spoilt due to the room and the entire floor being so hot it was impossible to use.
I'll be as fair as I can and summarise staff and location etc.
Booking and checking in- very easy booking process. Checking in was simple. Staff were great. I'll give that a 10/10
Location- can't fault that. Right on the edge of the docks and perfect. I'll give that a 10/10 too.
Noise - the hotel is right next to all the bars along the docks so there is a lot of noise. The double glazing could not keep the noise out. We were on the 6th floor so we only had outside noise. Others in my party on lower floors said it was very loud. I'll give it a 5/10 for peaceful nights sleep.
Breakfast - faintly average. Staff vey helpful but very busy.the full English was fine with a decent choice. If you wanted a continental breakfast then I would put it on the lower end of what I am used to. I'll give that 5/10 too
Staff - I found them very helpful, especially at reception and at breakfast. 8/10
Bedrooms - fairly standard interior. Clean and with a good coffee machine. The problem was that the whole floor. From the moment one gets out of the room was ridiculously hot. Not warm but hot. The bedrooms were boiling. Our room claimed to have air con but it was primitive compared to other hotels of a similar price. Opening the window made little difference and simply let in loud music from the bars below. I sakes the staff about this and it is a known problem. The higher up the worse it gets. Others in my party did not even have air con but did have a fan in the room. What a shame. It was impossible to sleep did spoil the whole weekend because we were left tired and agitated. I do appreciate that we are in a bit of a heat wave this is clearly a known problem. Others in my group who stopped at other hotels had air con that worked so the heat is no excuse. The staff also confirmed it is a real problem in the summer. I am going to have to give it 1/10 for that.
In summary this is a hotel in a great location but I would not stay here agin in the summer. I would rather walk to the dock area than sleep in a hotel room so hot it is ridiculous. What has annoyed me is that the hotel who know of these issues do not tell people about it. Not surprising from a commercial point of view but morally wrong.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the higher floors in summer unless you like it very very hot
Green Features: If they have one I could not see any evidence of it other than the policy re towels
1 Thank Steve T
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear about the issues that you experienced.

I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly on gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com and give me more details (room number and name) so that I can look into the matter and remedy what issues may have arisen during your stay. Standards of service are the hallmark of our business and clearly in this instance we did not deliver

I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests

Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced.

Bristol
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at a The Bristol Hotel for one night and were very impressed by the service, the quality and the friendliness of staff. The hotel car park is right next door and completely free, which is rare for a city centre hotel. We were given a complimentary upgrade on arrival, our room was; fresh, large and well equipped. Only negatives were there was no mini- bar or air conditioning, which made the room quite uncomfortable as it was so hot! The breakfast was good and newspapers were free. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a city break in Bristol

2 Thank Belinda G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a valuable rating and I am delighted we were able to provide you with complimentary car parking and a complimentary upgrade.

We do aim to deliver a personal, memorable experiences and it is great to read that you were impressed by our service.

Conversely, we don’t have mini-bars in our rooms with the exception of our Executive Suite. Moreover, we do have air-conditioning in some of our rooms and would be more than happy to allocate you one during your next visit.