The Bristol
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
3,936 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good location for a stay in Bristol. We did the Bubbles and Berries package, not that great, berries came in a sugar basin and bubbles were Cava. Room was a "Superior" room, in fact it was ok, rather compact and on that particular weekend it was very, very hot. A/C was not working very well so not very comfortable. Breakfast on the first morning was cool and the plates were cold, we did complain and next day everything was hot but staff did not seem too bothered about our complaint in the first instance. A very nice young lady on reception did send up cold drinks and ice cream to our room as it was so hot, no compensation for the cold breakfast. Very dark hallways and decorations. Overall the hotel is not as fancy as they think it is!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review.

Firstly I am delighted that you commented so positively on both the location and service of our staff.

Obviously it is disappointing to hear your about your concerns about breakfast, Bubbles & Berries package and your room. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation and ensure you have a wonderful stay.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to this hotel to meet up with family as we had not seen each other for some time as we all live far apart. I am so glad we picked this hotel. Staff were very friendly on arrival, check in was very easy, and bonus we got up graded for free. Room was very clean and had everything that we needed and seeing as my wife is 34 weeks pregnant, the big bed was a big help. The Drinks in the bar were more than i am used to paying, but i expected this in the hotel. Bar was comfy and clean.
We did not want to eat in the hotel that night. As we did not know the area we asked the staff, and they directed us to the local bars and pubs. After the meal we came back to the bar as we had young kids with us. We had a pleasant evening in the bar, yet again staff were helpful.
Would I recommend this hotel Yes and I shall be returning again for our family get togethers.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room at the back as you do not want to be over the quay coz of pubs and clubs across the river, unless thats were your going
1  Thank Barry S

Dear Guest,

What a great review – thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience.
It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much, more notably that you enjoyed one of our fantastic upgraded bedrooms.

In the meantime – I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to The Bristol Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My trip to Bristol at The Bristol Hotel wouldn't of been the same without the hotels location!nits so close to everything! Front he morning and evening restaurant you are looking over the floating harbour and just behind that are all the museums and it's barley any distance from St Nicholas Market. The hotel staff were very welcoming! Don't forget to book a de or this hotel with parking included as there's a car park attached which would be expense however the hotel offer a free ticket for you to use when leaving. There's free wifi EVERYWHERE

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank L D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review!

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback. I am glad you chose to avail of the complimentary parking within the adjacent car park and that you also enjoyed the complimentary wi-fi.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Bristol Hotel is located in the center of the city, and therefore everything is within a walking distance. Sadly, there were 2 problems- the room was too hot, and the air conditioning could not cope with it, also the air conditioning unit was overgrown with green mould (the openings of its wooden casing).

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Bristol Hotel.

I am delighted to read that our hotel was a convenient location for you. Conversely, I am disappointed that you experienced some concerns during your stay with us. Moreover, we would have been delighted to arrange a more suitable room had you brought this to our attention.

Hopefully this will not deter you from trying us again. Please do contact me directly – I would be delighted to personally look after you for any future bookings to ensure we can deliver on both product and service.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed as a couple for a weekend for daughters graduation. Fabulous entrance and pleasant and helpful staff on the desk. We were allocated a room at the front of the hotel looking out at the waterfront, which was lovely. Room was so lovely, spotlessly clean with a huge bed, which was so comfortable. There was a large swivel chair with small table and a smaller chair. TV was large even though we did not use it, coffee maker and all the facilities.

It is near to all the shops,restaurants, beautiful water front, and was easy to find. We had breakfast one morning and it was good. There was minimal noise from other rooms.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cherry322

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.