“A winner”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A winner”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for the Balloon Fiesta. Great hotel, it was a pleasure to find a real hotel. Bed, pillows and duvet were spot on. The restaurant was very pleasant overlooking the river. Menu was good - not one of those massive menus when you know everything must come out of a bag and arrive on your plate via the deep fat fryer! The restaurant manager was very friendly, helpful and informative. Food was lovely and well presented. It's not cheap but as always you get what you pay for - if cheap and mediocre traditional pub fare is what you prefer then there are many options just on the opposite side of the river. It was our first trip to Bristol and we were very impressed. So many things to do and so many places to go in either wet or dry conditions. Just 2 comments - well done The Bristol - for all of the above and in addition free parking in the car park connected to the hotel is a real winner and money saver. Secondly the pink chairs in the bar area could do with reupholstering. We look forward to returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted that you had a great time with us over the weekend. Its pleasing to read that you have enjoyed what our hotel has to offer.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon.

The Bristol Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice hotel very central , lots of options for food and drinks
Rooms are good although bathroom is small but not a problem
Staff all very helpfull and eat at Rockfish in Clifton which was excellent
Will return

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the river come with the noise of the bars
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin21735

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Bristol Hotel

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am also thrilled to see my team delivered during your stay with us.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Bristol and to welcome you back with us

Falkland Islands
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our second stay at this fantastic centrally located hotel, which offers free parking and is close to bars and restaurants.

An ideal hotel to use as your base in order to explore the lovely city of Bristol

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that you availed of our free parking.

Such positive comments certainly motivates our team to deliver memorable luxury.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Brighton
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 4 nights in August, and it was a very pleasant experience.

The room was spacious, with TV and tea/coffee making facilities and shortbread biscuits. The bed linen was clean and comfortable, and there was enough wardrobe space for clothes. The en-suite bathroom was also very clean.

The hair-dryer was very good; high-powered, unlike most hotel hair-dryers.

Extra features (that we didn't use): trouser press, iron, ironing board, and table-top fan.

My only complaint would be that there was almost no counter space in the bathroom, only small area around the basin.

We had to fit in our wash bag and make-up bag in that small area. Also, the fixed shower screen left little space for movement. If either of us had been physically big, it may have been impossible to safely get in and out of bath.

The bath itself was adequate size, and the shower was perfect, with good water pressure and temperature. We had 3 fresh towels daily (there were 2 more in the wardrobe).

Everyday, we'd come home in the evening to find our room immaculately tidied, more tea/milk/shortbread biscuits, and the bathroom would be spotless and sparkling.

The small bathroom issue was outweighed by our overall experience, which was pleasant and positive. The staff were ever so friendly, not just during check-in/check-out, but all throughout.

If any of my friends were to visit Bristol, I would highly recommend The Bristol Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sabiha C
Dear Guest,

A massive thank you for the 5 star review!

It is fantastic to receive such a good review of The Bristol Hotel. Our team do love to get such positive feedback and I am delighted to see they have made a great impression with you.

Moreover, thank you for your feedback and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to visit us on your next trip to Bristol.

UK
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a night's stay to celebrate hubby's bday.
Upon arrival, the outside is really uninspiring. But inside is a different story. We were given a room on 2nd floor. It 'looks' clean but there were some minor wear and tear as expected. Rooms were 'cosy', with offer of essential amenities- in room safe, iron, fan, tea making facilities.
The bed was too soft and adding noise from nearby bars and traffic, i didnt get a good nights sleep.
It was very warm in room but due to noise I had to close the windows.
I did think to book an extra night at the last minute but rates had gone up 5x to £430/night! No way!!
The only good thing is the location, there are numerous bars and restaurants nearby so you wont starve, main shopping is about 15min walk away.
Free parking at adjoining NCP car park a bonus.
I'd definately visit Bristol again but I'm likely to try another hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mini8
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important for me and my team and integral towards our continued efforts to improve our service and product within the hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay; however it does not reflect our usual high standards we strive to achieve.

I do hope we will be able to tempt you in to returning to The Bristol Hotel ; if so - if I could possibly encourage you to contact me directly so I can personally ensure you will have an all round great personal and memorable experience.

Gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com
Halesowen, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel having booked the take me to the bar package. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a very comfy room but didn't get given robe and slippers or still water. Bed was comfy. Great range of toiletries in bathroom. The English breakfast was very tasty. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review!

It is so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to return to us.

Conversely, I am very sorry that you didn’t receive your complimentary robe, slippers & water.

Overall all I am delighted that you experienced the warmth and friendliness of our hotel team and that you both had a great time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon!

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the Bristol hotel the rooms are large, comfortable and modern, free WiFi and water in the rooms. The hotel is in a great location on the waterfront with bars and restaurants all within walking distance. Free parking as well makes this hotel a great choice will definitely recommend and stay here again. Good breakfast buffet too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gemma H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience here at The Bristol Hotel.
We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.