“Week-end Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Week-end Stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hotel is well situated on the quayside, near to the harbour side attractions, SS Great Britain, M-Shed,harbour boat trips, restaurants and bars.We stayed over a weekend in a de-luxe room overlooking the harbour and the bars were lively but the double glazing kept most of the noise out. The room was a good size and very comfortable with good amenities.
The staff were very pleasant throughout and helpful if we had any queries.
Breakfast could be a little manic as the restaurant was not big enough to take all the residents so there was some queuing but the food was good. Personally, I could do without the piano player during breakfast (Sunday)
Overall, a good hotel that I would recommend. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river have great views over the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the online travel community. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you both back to The Bristol Hotel soon.

The Bristol Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gateshead
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The room was nice . It was clean and the bed was comfortable . I'd asked for a quiet room and it was . It looked onto an internal courtyard , so no view but never mind . We didn't need air con as it wasn't hot which is just as well because there wasn't any. There was a fan in the cupboard . There was no special coffee machine or bottled water that I read about in other reviews . Our booking didn't include breakfast . We went out for dinner but wish we'd stayed and eaten in the restaurant . The menu and restaurant looked very nice . The position of the hotel is good. Just a short walk to the harbour . Parking was free too . Quite good value .

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Bristol Hotel.

Its pleasing to read that you enjoyed our city centre location and that you availed of our adjacent complimentary car parking. Over all - thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team and crucial as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived and were greeted by very helpful polite staff, also we were upgraded to a suite on arrival, which we definitely had no complaints about! We were very happy with the suite, it was very clean and the decor was very nice, champagne and extras arrived when we had asked for them, and we had a view over looking the river.
Staff were very helpful with directions etc as we were not familiar with the area. The bar and restaurant area were very nice, and again staff were very pleasant and attentive.
Bed was comfortable, and the refreshment selection in the room was excellent. When we went down for breakfast in the morning, there was a member of staff waiting in the lobby to direct guests to the buffet room / restaurant. Could not fault the selection of food on offer in the buffet, they had literally everything you could think of breakfast wise, and the cooked selection was very tasty and cooked well.
Would highly recommend this hotel especially if you are looking for a nice little romantic break :-)

Room Tip: Was nice to have a room over looking the river rather than the main road!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you experienced the warmth and friendliness of our team. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back later this year – remember to book directly to get the best rates!

Hope to see you soon!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel popped up on the options offered by the company providing accommodation for my employers. I've stayed in Bristol many, many times while working there but have never stayed at this hotel. I usually stay in Clifton so, being a curmudgeonly old creature of habit, I was a little annoyed not to get my usual hotels.
This will now be my usual hotel.
After a very hot journey my welcome from the Reception staff who looked after me, and the service they provided, was fantastic.
I was immediately struck by the airiness and sense of light throughout the hotel...none of the faded faux -grandeur that I often encounter...it just reeked of 'modern' .
My room, albeit after an upgrade to my original, was lovely: clean, modern, well equipped (never seen a Nespresso machine before!...now I want one). I might suggest that an option of tea might be welcome for those who prefer a tea in morning? My wife for example is a case in point.
Bathroom was spacious, spotless and very well equipped. Everything else was good too: comfy
bed, good TV, excellent chairs and work table...plus Wi-fi.
The hotel is situated near the waterfront in Central Bristol...as are many other hotels, bars etc, so it did get slightly noisy for a while at night...but beyond the control of the hotel! My trusty earplugs were employed and I slept the sleep of the just...not once was I awoken by people tramping up the corridors outside my room, as I usually am, even with my trusty earplugs employed, so the hotel must have some good carpeting and floor design.
Breakfast was terrific...service was again top notch...and eating a relaxing 'Full English' in the relaxing, waterfront restaurant set me up for a busy day.
So, I can't comment on the evening menu as I ate with friends elsewhere, but everything else was pretty damned good. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to visiting again soon, and maybe trying out the evening menu. Above all, the service given by staff left me feeling respected and valued...and that will do for me. The bottle of water they gave me as I checked out on a very hot morning was a lovely touch that just confirmed my observation that they were really trying to make my stay pleasant.
And it was.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Phenomenal – thank you for your 5 star review!

Your review is very reassuring as it demonstrates our ethos of guest service. It is great to know our we are providing memorable luxury to our guests. I will be extremely proud to share your review with my team. In relation to your query regarding tea making facilities, we do provide them in a cupboard underneath the television in every room.

We are always delighted to welcome guest back with us so I do hope to see you again soon. Please do let me know when you are planning to return – I would love to personally welcome you both back for another relaxing stay in Bristol.

Gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights 8/8/2014 booked a superior room with a river view room all very nice that is till you retire for the night and then you have to suffer the beat from the bars on the other side of the river until 3am. Explanation from reception staff that's what you get with a river view?. We were with a wedding party with a special agreed rate for our stay until we paid the bill to find the price were different for guests than agreed. On the positive the hotel was clean and the staff where friendly, the beds were amazingly comfortable a help if you have to lay awake at night.

Room Tip: Don't book a room with a river view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room, and that you had trouble sleeping as a result of the noise you could hear.

Furthermore, it is important for us to receive feedback so that we can ensure that we can rectify any concerns that you may have. Please do reach out to me personally to assist with your next Bristol trip.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Bristol Hotel in the future

Gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com
Kerry
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband, 10 mth old and I stayed in this wonderful hotel for three nights recently.The staff were very helpful upon check-in offering to assist with baggage and our buggy. The room was just what we needed as our baby had a travel cot in a separate suite attached to our room.At breakfast, we were immediately provided with a high chair and served tea/coffee. The breakfast was buffet style with so many choices of well cooked and presented food. The manager Mark Payne was especially helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review!

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to hear our breakfast offering impressed, it is such an important part of our guest experience and therefore a key focus for us as a team. I am glad Mark was able to assist you during your stay -
overall we are looking forward to welcoming you back with us soon!

Dublin, Ireland.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I spent 1 night in the Bristol almost a year to the day of my last visit. I had just finished a great week walking around beautiful North Devon. I got a lovely room on the top floor, which offered an amazing view of the Hot Air Balloon Festival which was on by chance during my stay. My room was fabulous in every way. It was very clean, with an incredibly comfortable bed and all mod cons and a great bathroom. The staff here are the best I have encountered in a hotel, they are all so cheerful, helpful and nothing is a problem. The location is perfect and this is a hotel where everything works as it should. I had a very good early evening meal here in the restaurant looking out on the waterfront. This is truly a super hotel and I hope to return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PlanetWaves20
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.