Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,331 results
All reviewscollege greendrawing roomjunior suiteleisure clubsauna and steam roomcar parkleisure facilitieslovely hotelper daypublic areascity centrereception staffbreakfast was excellentthird floorsaturday nightfamily roombars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Decided on a hassle free Christmas and so booked a suite to cater for visiting family over 3 days. The event organiser, Michelle Stephens was brilliant, arranging many requested extras for the suite, making it a very memorable occasion. The suite was large with lovely views and a substantial bedroom and bathroom. We were greeted with mulled wine and mince pies on arrival, and were able to access the suite early. We enjoyed afternoon tea in one of the lounges and then retired to the suite. Breakfast was excellent everyday with masses of choice. Our only disappointment was frozen brussell sprouts on Christmas day, and relative to the cost expected fresh. The staff were brilliant and catered for our every whim.

However, the three day break was very memorable and well worth the cost. This was our first experience of being away over Christmas and proved to be an excellent tonic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This is a beautiful hotel in every way. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and well serviced. It was a great location for me as I wanted to be close to the Bristol Cathedral. It was also within walking distance to car hire.
The only problem I had was that a car space seems not to be guaranteed and at one time I was unable to get my car back into the car park as it was full of cars attending a conference. This caused me a bit of panic as there is nowhere else to park! It would be great if car spaces were held for the extent of the guest's stay.
The wireless internet worked like a dream!
This is an absolutely beautiful heritage hotel and I would definitely recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Fabulous Hotel, Very Comfortable Bedrooms, Spotlessly Clean, Tons of hot water, very friendly staff and a fabulous breakfast. Superb city center location within easy walking distance of the city center. A Taxi will cost you approx 25.00 to Bristol Airport.

Room Tip: OK, this hotel does a lot of corporate business so it is very busy around the festive period with people who cannot drink, sniff the barmans apron and act like total morons, Ask for a high floor, you are away from the noise and the corporate idiots, reception staff are fantastic and will warn you in advance of any functions and will find you a quieter location within the hotel - I slept perfectly when I stayed here, please do not be put off by this comment!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinA244
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My Wife and I stayed here on boxing day, we had stayed here before on New Years Eve a few years ago so we knew how grand our stay would be.

We booked a junior suite but were upgraded to a suite; this also happened on our previous visit so it was nice to be in a similar room. However, being so close to the city centre means that rooms like ours are subjected to a nocturnal onslaught of noise (especially during weekend and bank holidays), which unfortunately kept my wife awake.

The cleanliness was superb, it's evidently a hotel that is well looked after. However there were some minor areas that could have done with some maintenance (the shower tiles were cracked, and there were a few stains on various furnishings in the room). These faded into insignificance because of the service we were provided and the overall remarkable atmosphere of the hotel.

We also ate in the very impressive restaurant, which we visited last boxing day whilst staying in a nearby hotel. The food wasn't as fantastic as I remember from last year, my starter was bland and my wife's was unimiginative. Sometimes that's the price you pay for being a vegetarian. However the main courses we pretty good, and the wine certainly made up for the poor start!

We always highly recommend this hotel to friends and family, and will continue to do so. Our short stays here are always enjoyed, and this is complimented by the very friendly and helpful staff. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for a conference that was also held in the hotel. This is a pretty good place to stay but for such a grand building in a great location it does disappoint a little. Some little niggles I guess - the wireless was a total rip-off, the lunches at the conference were pretty average, the noise from outside was pretty noticeable ( I was on the first floor), that sort of thing. From the look of it I was expecting to be blown away.

On the plus side the conference facilities were mostly good (except for the workshop where they hadn't provided a projector or screen, and took some time to find them), my room was comfortable (I liked the armchair particularly, much more comfortable than the usual hotel chair) and it was all clean and well looked after. I noticed that they painted the door of the room next to mine while I was there, which was a sign of a good maintenance regime I thought.

Location is fantastic. Took me 15 minutes to walk there from temple meads station and there are lots of pubs and eating places in an easy walk, as well as various other points of interest. The art gallery is worth a visit Btw - quite charming.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business