“Great place to stay”

Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Really well placed near the Harbour area with lots to do. The room was comfortable although the bathroom could have done with a bit of a lift. The restaurant was good and the breakfast choice was amazing. Spa was a great area with loungers as well as seating and a big sized jacuzzi next to the pool. The attached treatment room messed up our massages, but quicklly put it right and gave a discount. Would return........................

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,251)

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed in a Royal Suite for 2 nights whilst visiting family. The first impression is the hotel is tired and in need of re-decoration. However, I was pleasantly surprised by my suite as it was a good size and apart from a slightly stained sofa it was very bright comfortable and clean. The view from one window (there were 4) in the sitting room was of the Cathedral but the bedroom and the remaining views in the sitting room were very uninspiring and if I return I will ask for a room with a better aspect. I was on my own and looking after my week old grandson for part of the time so organised a number of meals in the room. The breakfast menu was very good and whilst the evening menu was quite limited the choices I made were very tasty. Room service delivery was efficient but it was next to impossible to get them to come back to pick up the tray. In addition the room was not serviced in the evening as advertised, so I ran out of shower gel and shampoo etc by the next morning. The hotel has great potential but the ground floor is in need of a facelift and whilst I have experienced far worse, the Housekeeping and Room Service could be better.

Room Tip: Corner Royal Suites very spacious and you can see the Cathedral, but try and book a room with good v...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JackiD
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed fr one night in a suite. Terrific location adjoining the cathedral and overlooking College Green, as well as being extremely close to the harbour restaurants and bars. Hote has retained some of its Victorian 'grandness', and has added modern touches and excellent staff. Room was very nice , although the sofa in the lounge was very badly stained - my wife wouldn't sit on it.

Restaurant was excellent quality both at dinner and breakfast. The one problem we had at dinner (an extremely long wait on a not very busy night) was dealt with extremely promptly and prefessionally by Subash.

All in all a good experience which we will likely repeat!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Great Hotel right in the heart of the City, everything within easy walking distance with on site parking.. ideal location to explore the City.
Rooms were good size and well provisioned, room service was good value, excellent breakfast choices.
Didn't Dine in or use the Spa and pool.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

First night of our honeymoon (not Sept, 2011, but that's the option that the below date indicated). We appreciated the upgrade (thanks)! Downhill from there. We were approximately 5 floors above an event space. The music was so loud we could sing along - and it went on until the wee hours of the morning. Hardly the romantic first night of our honeymoon that we had imagined! Several calls to the front desk to complain resulted in drinks being sent up. But - we then noticed that they CHARGED us for those drinks the next day.

Absolutely ruined the beginning of our honeymoon (although at least they didn't ruin our wedding - as with some of the other reviewers - but that's just because we didn't have it there!). I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank notfromhereEssex
Reviewed 17 July 2012

A truly wonderful hotel breakfast is amazing.We had dinner in the restaurant food and service was amazing too.Rooms were great as was swimming pool!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 17 July 2012

After a little confusion (on my part) of which Marriott to go to - and possibly a need to update my sat nav - I was pleasantly surprised. A great check-in when the receptionist made me very comfortable that I had been driving round the Bristol one way system for too long!!
Nice rooms in a really grand hotel setting. It takes you back to a different era. The rooms had very good work chairs as well and all round well thought out layout. I had an executive room which had nice touches - coffee machine naturally - , they have a good spa where I had a very good value manicure, and a good choice of food in the restaurants. Certainly my choice of hotel when in Bristol now.

Room Tip: Park at the hotel - it is not that expensive and is easier than trying to find on street parking in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business