Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
  • Pool
US$138
US$102
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
Priceline
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$93
Priceline
2,349 results
All reviewscollege greendrawing roomjunior suiteleisure clubsauna and steam roomcar parkleisure facilitieslovely hotelper daypublic areascity centrereception staffbreakfast was excellentthird floorsaturday nightfamily roombars and restaurants
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First, the positives:

-It's got onsite parking (although the chap in front of us had a Jag XJ and seemed to be having great difficulty parking...)
-It's in a very good location.

Good, now that they're out of the way, let's get on to the meat of the review - the many things that I'd class as "improvement opportunities":

-It was really rather run-down. I was on the fourth floor, and between the Shining-esq. carpets and general condition of the rooms - as well as the bars - that this place has seen better days...
-Awful, awful breakfast ...I mean, powdered eggs, really?! If I'd known how bad it was I'd have saved the £14 and found somewhere nice nearby
-Rubbish bar - dilapidated and whilst the drinks selection wasn't bad, it was seriously expensive, even for a hotel in Bristol. The drinks in Hotel du Vin seemed reasonable in comparison
-Poor selection of "after hours" drinks
-I'd characterise the intelligence of the night porters as "questionable"
-Very little natural light in the rooms
-Shameless toplessness of the people in the buildings over the road (although I guess holding the hotel accountable for this is a bit harsh...)
-Given all of the above, it was still rather expensive, which was surprising given the number of shrieking hen parties there.

All in all it's a shame, because it's a nice building in a great location with a lot of potential. Maybe they're charging so much for their drinks in a bid to save up for a re-furb? I hope that's the case, anyway...

Room Tip: Book a different hotel. If that's not possible, I'd aim for a floor other than the fourth. I got the impression that it was very much the "steerage" class...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cameron M
BRSRY, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review following your stay with us and I very much appreciate your detailed comments as it is only with such comments that we can strive to make improvements wherever we can.

I am sorry to see that you felt the property did not meet your expectations in terms of design and décor. The elegance of our British design and our rich heritage is something we are very proud; but we do respect that everyone has their view on these personal preferences.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is nice enough, the staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast good. However, after a lovely evening out we collapsed into bed, literally! The mattress was about ten inches deep on the edges and about four inches deep in the middle. It had collapsed. As we were in our pyjamas and that is no longer a pretty sight as we are getting on a bit now, we didn't complain until the morning. I had no sleep at all, my husband, who could sleep on a washing line had had a few hours. In the morning we complained to the duty manager. He was very sweet and even came upto the room to see for himself. He agreed that the mattress was useless and apologised. As I had paid £136 for a bed I could sleep in for one night I did expect a little more than 'sorry'. Finally, he refunded our parking fee of £14. Not being satisfied with this I asked that someone who had better authority would contact me. I am still waiting.

Room Tip: Check the bed before you accept the room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrancesD755
BRSRY, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on trip advisor, we are pleased that the majority of your stay was enjoyable, although you encountered challenges with the mattress, which disrupted your night for which we are truly sorry.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked in for two nights while we went to a local festival. Location is fab! Spa is lovely and lots of choice of food for breakfast! The best choice I have ever seen! Room was lovely and cool as it was a hot summers day outside! It had lots of nice touches like cold water and free coffee in reception!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

It was great to know that our location was perfect for your weekend so you could enjoy the festival and the facilities we offered met your expectations, we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

i was attending a deal or no deal reunion and stayed at this hotel,what a fab hotel,friendly staff,beautiful surroundings,very clean,good food and the most comfy bed i have ever slept in,the rooms are very big and the hotel is quiet,i would recommend this hotel to anyone if they are staying in Bristol and i will deffinately be returning in the future

Room Tip: i would think that every room in the hotel is good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arrived on a very busy Saturday afternoon and checked in , and what a lovely place the whole weekend went really well , a great hotel and the staff were excellent . Very old building and full of charm , a real gem of a place to stay .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple