Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
US$115
US$112
US$95
US$90
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
HIExpress.com
US$104
US$101
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Travelocity
2,347 results
All reviewscollege greendrawing roomjunior suiteleisure clubsauna and steam roomcar parkleisure facilitieslovely hotelper daypublic areascity centrereception staffbreakfast was excellentthird floorsaturday nightfamily roombars and restaurants
Reviewed 31 October 2010

My wife and I ended our half term escape here with a planned quality meal in the Palm Restaurant and we weren't disappointed. We had a nice welcome even though the room wasn't ready - we were early so we can't complain - they still booked us in so we could have a drink and eat charged to the room.
The staff in the bar were friendly and when we got to the restaurant the service was spot on. The only down side was the person in front of us asking for the manager as there were no tables available - the note on the hotel did say book a table! Not really the staffs fault that this person hadn't booked.
The food was well cooked and very well presented. All in all it was just what we wanted.
However that said the room was a little noisy but that's what you get in a city centre hotel on a weekend

Reviewed 26 October 2010

We stayed and had dinner here for my birthday as it looked so impressive from the outside and the Marriott chain has a very good reputation but we were very disappointed from the beginning.

We had to queue for 15 minutes to check in. As we had purchased the dinner deal I asked how much we were entitled to spend on dinner and receptionist told us the incorrect amount. When we went down for dinner no one told us the restaurant had been hired out so we spent 10 minutes trying to find it. When we asked we were directed to a make-shift restaurant set up in the club bar where service was slow. At about 1am we were woken by the noise of people out in the centre of town that coninued for at least an hour. When I got a bath in the morning there was stubble around the bath, which we hadn't used. In the morning I asked how we provide feedback on the hotel, the receptionist said they didn't do paper forms but would be sent an email containing a link to do this (they already had my email address). I have never received this yet I have received advertising from the Marriott Chain.

All of those things made our stay disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise190801
Reviewed 23 October 2010

If you visit Bristol and wish to stay in the centre you couldn't stay in a better place. However, with the location you also get the noise... this is inevitable as the hotel is surrounded by busy roads, restaurants and all the panoply of noises you'd expect in the heart of a commercial centre. The building itself is magnificent, inside it was refurbished a while ago and is showing signs of tiredness. For example the public loos are really quite run down and much in need of a lick of paint. The bedrooms are of a good size and with all the usual amenities you'd expect. Food is average (at least the one I had as part of a function), though breakfast is very good. Service is variable, from efficient to scatty. So all in all, it's what you'd expect, business hotel, part of large chain, in the hear of a busy city, no more, no less.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed here in February 2008 and really enjoyed ourselves so decided to go back for a weekend. We contacted the hotel a few days prior to arrival to make a request for an upgraded room and were told that our request would be noted on the system. On arrival we were told no note had been made but were offered an upgrade to an a room on the executive floor for an extra £25 per night, we agreed but were very disppointed when we arrived at the tiny room, you don't mind paying extra but when you end up in a room that had clearly not been cleaned properly and is tiny you do feel a bit cheated. The mud on the floor and the empty pill bottle under the bedside cabinet were a big giveaway of this, also the sheets did not fit the bed!! I went to reception with the empty bottle and we swiftly moved to a far larger room which did contain the extras that we were expecting, such as enlarged bed, bath robes etc. They also waived the £25 per night charge, thankyou. In the evening we had dinner included in the Palm Restaurant, which was superb and we had excellent service from a young Goan Waitress. Everything was going pretty well until Sunday morning when we woke to find no hot water in the bathroom, we called reception and were told that an engineer was looking into the matter and were offered 20% off of the room rate, which was a very nice gesture but does not get you clean!?! Upon checking out we were served by a rather rude young lady, who got quite uppity when I asked for the manager's email address, so that I could send in a complaint. We have stayed in many Marriott hotels over the yars, and never had any real issues, however the Marriott Standards do not seem to be being adhered to here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samiloupepperell
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I visited this hotel for a business conference and found it to be distinctly lacking in many areas. Mainly: the public areas and facilities were grubby, messy and very tatty (broken toilet locks, posters with offers expiring the previous month etc. But by far the WORST part was the car park! To start with, on arrival the car park has a small, grimy sign approx 6" square that you won't see unless you are literally kerb crawling the very busy road it is on. You then drive into a desolate and quite oppressive "cave" of a car park. If I was alone at night there, I would be terrified. The whole place seems to have a veneer of niceness, but look more closely and you see broken facilities, stains and marks everywhere.

On leaving, it was a hundred times worse. There are no signs which tell you where you can pay for your car parking, so you naturally assume there will be pay stations on each floor (no). The only pay machine we found AFTER having to trudge all the way back up from 3 floors below ground was broken. The dirty, smelly lift has one tatty sheet dated Sep 09 saying you can only pay by credit card at reception, and given the exoribitant parking charges, most people WILL pay by card. Reception staff are extremely slow and inefficient at processing payments as well; and clearly couldn't care less about my complaints regarding no car park payment signage anywhere.

THEN, after having queued for the exit (which leads onto a very congested main road), the car waiting at the top of the ramp started reversing, which caused me to wait even longer. This delay then caused the exit gates to start closing and I had to hurridly reverse in case the other barrier arm came down onto my car! My colleague behind me then had to call for help at the ticket machine and get them to open the gates manually for me, but unfortunately when she went ahead, the machine rejected her ticket for non payment (she had paid) and she had to call them again! A total shambles - all in all, it took us 45minutes just to pay for our parking and get out of the car park! The only bright point were the event and porter staff who were charming and proactive.