“A refreshing experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have travelled extensively across the world, both for business and pleasure, and it's rare that you have a stay at one of the bigger hotel chains that actually makes you smile, and makes a difference to your day.

After a long day of travelling and meetings, the staff at the reception instantly made me feel at home with a good laugh and a tasty cookie (shame I couldnt take more than one!!). The room was spotless and a good size too.

I usually try to steer clear of hotel restaurants, and look for something a little different, and yet again I was pleasently surprised. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome, and even though it was busy, the Manager took the time to chat with me about my day and my taste in wines... I even learnt something too! The dinner was pretty tasty, and I had a good nights sleep on a full stomache.

I'd definately recommend this to other travellers, both business or leisure. I'll be sure to return the next time I'm in Bristol. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PresidenteFAC
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your 5 star review.

I am really pleased that we put a smile on your face. We know that the majority of people staying during the week on business, would probably prefer to be at home - so we do try to make that extra effort.

Next time you are staying with us, please ask for that extra cookie as I am sure we will be able to oblige with your request.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I booked in at the last minute to this hotel and was delighted with the hospitality and the welcome I received. It is very central to many of Bristol's attractions and within easy walking distance. If you take one of the city's tourist buses, the hop on - hop off variety, they have a bus stop right outside the hotel. It is a few minutes walk to the water taxis too. The staff were amazing - remembering my room number the following day, though I had done no more than check in. As I declined their welcome offer of a biscuit, a banana was delivered to my room in lieu.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest

Delighted to read that you found our staff "amazing" - I will certainly make sure that all our staff are aware of your impression of us. Thank you.

I am sure some of our potentail guests will be very interested to read of your tips on travel in and around Bristol. Although we have 150 car parking spaces, there really is no need to bring the car. The train station is less than a 5 minute walk away and as you say buses stop right outside the door and it is only a very short walk into the city centre.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but were very impressed with both the decor and service. Having made an error on booking there was no trouble in rectifying on check-in. The breakfast was very good for a buffet on the cooked food. I'd recommend it to anyone traveling to Bristol for work or play.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments from your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you were impressed with the decor and service and that in particular the breakfast was very good.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I like Doubletree hotels (Dunblane, New York, Chicago, London etc.) but this one was exceedingly below the normal standard I expect. Firstly, where are the cookies? The normal welcoming treat was noticeably missing but the staff did not explain / apologise. The room was nice except - why have curtains which dont fit? No body enjoys waking up at sunrise because the light is streaming through. The building is OK on the inside but decidingly past-it on the outside. The breakfast was significantly more limited then a standard doubletree fare. On the plus; staff were friendly enough and the location is very convenient - 5 mins to Temple Meads / 10 mins into centre, Watershed, Arnolfini. But for £124 (fully flexible) I suspect there are better places to stay in Bristle

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am sorry that you were not offered a cookie. This is a brand standard for DoubleTree by Hilton and we score very highly here on surveys. No excuses, we need to offer a cookie to ALL our guests.

All rooms have been refurbished in the last few weeks and I will try and find out which room you were staying in as all rooms should provide black out curtains.

I am at a loss to understand how our breakfasts are more limited than other DoubleTrees as we meet all the brand standards and actually offer 4 items over and above the brand requirements.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff very friendly and that the location worked well for you.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed for one night whilst travelling to Cornwall. Easy pleasant check in with a parking space next to the door. The breakfast was equally as good, polite servers and good quality produce. I will definitely be back as it only cost £10 more (without breakfast) than the nearby travelodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review.

We get a lot of people staying with us on their way to Cornwall.

I will pass your kind comments concerning breakfast to all of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Arrived at midnight on a Sunday

Room Service was a pannini or curry

No soup or healthy option, at 1am ??

Went in for dinner tonight (Tuesday) after a very average soup and curry the night before ( over £25 with a bottle of water)

After and hour had managed to receive two breads rolls and a starter and it only took and hour, camplained and offered a glass of wine and apology, then no wine or main course, so left

This is a Franchise and after second night will not atay here again

Food quality is rubbish as is service

Rooms, beware bathrooms are tiny with no bath , shower only

Nice signage Hilton and cheap refurbishment, will move back to Mecure who knock you for six in every respect

No call in room to apoligise and bet you my starter is charged on check out tomorrow

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I understand that our Operation's Manager has already been in contact with you and that you have requested a rate for yourself and your company to stay with us on a regular basis.

Thank you for this opportunity and we do hope that you will enjoy your future stay's with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed on a saturday night whilst taking in Bristol. Good location close to the train station and not too busy an area in the evening so very quiet for a saturday night compared to the other hotels in the city. Friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. Breakfast was excellent!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple