“Thank you to the first aider” 5 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Thank you to the first aider”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 23rd nov the staff are really helpful and hotel is in a central location , I would like to thank the person on reception who gave me first aid as I fell over and cut my head during the night and came back the hotel a bit worse for wear ! I really appreciate them helping me and although I can't remember much I've had a few flashbacks of them being really helpful and stopping the bleeding on the cut to my head , I think it was a man that helped me sounds bad but I was quite drunk , thanks again hope they get this message ! Definitely would stay there again , if I'm allowed lol!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review and I hope you are now feeling better!

I will ensure your comments and ‘thanks’ are passed onto our nights/reception team who would have looked after you on your return to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
south wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed the weekend with 2 other couples, beginning of October. Nice modern hotel, walking distance into Bristol. Very reasonable, friendly staff. Breakfast lovely. We're able to leave cars in car park after checkout so that we could spend the day in Bristol.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5* review and your very kind words. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your weekend stay with your friends at our hotel.

Your feedback regarding our ‘friendly staff’, ‘lovely breakfast’ and our hotel being 'nice and modern' are very much appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Egham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here mid week for business. As a HHonors member I was upgraded to a Deluxe room which was very large and well decorated. Only complaint was that there was a working desk for my PC but nowhere for my room service when it was delivered!

My room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I did have a look at the Kiln restaurant menu but found it a little bland and even the local offerings really didnt offer any variety which is why I just settled for a room service meal. The food arrived very quickly, was of good quality and value just not exciting.

Breakfast was the usual Hilton fare but the hot food was monitored regularly by the chefs and was once again of very good quality.

Overall a good place to stay in Bristol.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest.

As a HHonors member I was very pleased to read that your room on arrival at the hotel had been upgraded to a deluxe room and that you felt your room was ‘very large’ and ‘well decorated’. I was also pleased to read your feedback regarding your room being ‘clean’ with a ‘comfortable bed’.

It was good to read that you felt your room service meal and your breakfast was of ‘good quality and value’. Your comments about the table space in your room are very valuable feedback and we have taken them on board. You will also be pleased to know that we will be launching our new exciting menu in the coming months.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Would recommend this hotel for its warm and friendly atmosphere and the really convenient position (centre of Bristol, two minutes from the main railway station and right next to St Mary Redcliffe Church). Andrew at reception made a point of giving us a room overlooking the church. Wonderful view! Thanks to everyone at Hilton Double Tree , Bristol.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your 5* review and your kind words about the hotels ‘warm and friendly atmosphere’.

I agree with you that our hotel is ‘conveniently positioned’ in Bristol, just a short walk from Temple Meads Train Station and that the City Centre (including Cabot Circus Shopping Centre and Bristol Harbourside) is only a short walk away. I was delighted to read that you liked your room with the view of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed over the weekend of the 15/17th November. The room was much smaller than any other Hilton hotel that I had ever stayed in. The room was clean and very compact. The room had a chaise longues?? Why? The en suite was very small and could do with a good 'spring clean'. The bath iwas too small for comfort.

The restaurant was disappointing with over cooked food and not worth the money spent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I was pleased to read that your felt your ‘room was clean’ however I was sorry to read that you felt the food in our Restaurant was not to your liking and that the bathroom could do with a spring clean. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the relevant departments to ensure that our standards stay at a consistently high level.

We do hope you will come and stay with us again in the near future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for one night with my baby boy. I had no issues with the hotel, it was fine, but nothing special. However, it was very convenient to Bristol Temple Meads Station which was handy.

The room was okay - big enough. There seemed to be a hen party somewhere near to our room - so quite a lot of noise in the evening before all the hens went out. I ordered room service, which was okay and delivered fairly promptly. The bathroom was reasonably clean. I would say this hotel is good enough for a brief stay but if you were staying for longer you'd probably want to find something with a bit more finesse.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent visit to our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had 'no issues' during your stay with us and our location near to Temple Meads train station was particularly handy for you. We hope to welcome you and your baby boy back to the hotel in the near future.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days over the summer and wasn't disapointed at all. We were given a free upgrade to a superior which was comfy and clean.
There are a lot of comments about the restaurant food on here but Bristol centre is within walking distance so why would you bother? Breakfast was good as always in hilton chains. In a good location - 10 minutes walk to some great bars and restaurants

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review in relation to your stay with us in the summer.

I was delighted to read that you were ‘not disappointed’ at all with your 4 day stay with us and agree with you that our hotel is in a 'good location’ in Bristol.

We hope to see you again very soon.