“Excellent hotel and service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alfreton, Derbyshire
“Excellent hotel and service”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 18th November for 2 nights with my mother. We came to Bristol as we had tickets for deal or no deal and wanted to come to Bristol shopping. We picked this hotel due to the proximity of the Temple Meads train station and walking distance to the harbourside and Cabot Circus shopping area.
There is no need for a taxi to the hotel as is so close(depending on weather), easy to find and takes less than 5 minutes on foot. There is a car park but glad I didn't drive due to traffic, one way roads, etc. Cabot Circus is approx 15 mins walk away.
We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and was greeted by a lovely gentleman. We had our warm cookies, and was checked in quickly and efficiently.
Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the church. The room decor, cleanliness and facilties were just amazing. You definitely pay for what you get! We had a twin room, very comfy beds. There was a tv, iron and ironing board and all the mod cons. The bathroom was very clean.
The staff at this hotel were all brilliant. The gentleman( who I forget his name) at the front desk was very effiecient and seemed to know his job very well. He was so helpful in giving us in depth detail about directions and booking taxis for us.
The bar is very cosy and has a good range of food and drink.
We did eat in the restaurant one night. There is not a huge range of choice, but for a hotel this was good enough for us. The food was very tasty and we did not have to wait long.
Breakfast is great. Lots of choice, all good quality.
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially couples and business trips.
Thank you for an enjoyable stay!!

Room Tip: Room 417 is a twin room and has a great view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback regarding your stay with us last week.

I was delighted to read that you would ‘recommend’ our hotel to anyone and that you and your mother had an ‘enjoyable stay’ with us. It is always great to read that our guests feel our staff are ‘brilliant and that our front desk staff were very ‘efficient and knowledgably’.

I agree with you that our hotel is ‘conveniently positioned’ in Bristol, just a short walk from Temple Meads Train Station and that the City Centre (including Cabot Circus Shopping Centre and Bristol Harbourside) is only a short walk away. I was also delighted to read that you liked your room with the view of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

I have ensured that your comments about your stay with us are placed on our Trip Advisor board in our staff canteen, so that everyone can see them.

Please do come and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel from Friday to Monday for a long weekend. Hotel spotless inside with welcoming staff who are around 24 hours a day. Would recommend to anyone who wants somewhere convenient to stay in Bristol. ten minutes walk from town, five to the river and five minutes to temple mead station all on the flat!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 5* review you have given us regarding the long weekend you recently spent at our hotel.

It was pleasing to read that you found the hotel to be 'spotless', our staff were 'welcoming 24 hours a day' and that you would definitely recommend our hotel to others.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Bristol.
bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I came here with my sister for the weekend as we were going to see a band in Bristol! It was an amazing stay! The room was lovely the people were lovely and the whole experience was 100% lovely! Would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest.

I am extremely pleased to read that everything about your experience at our hotel was '100% lovely'.

It is fantastic that both you and your sister had an amazing stay with us and also great to read you you would recommend our hotel to others.

Please come and stay again soon.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 23rd nov the staff are really helpful and hotel is in a central location , I would like to thank the person on reception who gave me first aid as I fell over and cut my head during the night and came back the hotel a bit worse for wear ! I really appreciate them helping me and although I can't remember much I've had a few flashbacks of them being really helpful and stopping the bleeding on the cut to my head , I think it was a man that helped me sounds bad but I was quite drunk , thanks again hope they get this message ! Definitely would stay there again , if I'm allowed lol!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review and I hope you are now feeling better!

I will ensure your comments and ‘thanks’ are passed onto our nights/reception team who would have looked after you on your return to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.
south wales
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed the weekend with 2 other couples, beginning of October. Nice modern hotel, walking distance into Bristol. Very reasonable, friendly staff. Breakfast lovely. We're able to leave cars in car park after checkout so that we could spend the day in Bristol.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5* review and your very kind words. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your weekend stay with your friends at our hotel.

Your feedback regarding our ‘friendly staff’, ‘lovely breakfast’ and our hotel being 'nice and modern' are very much appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here mid week for business. As a HHonors member I was upgraded to a Deluxe room which was very large and well decorated. Only complaint was that there was a working desk for my PC but nowhere for my room service when it was delivered!

My room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I did have a look at the Kiln restaurant menu but found it a little bland and even the local offerings really didnt offer any variety which is why I just settled for a room service meal. The food arrived very quickly, was of good quality and value just not exciting.

Breakfast was the usual Hilton fare but the hot food was monitored regularly by the chefs and was once again of very good quality.

Overall a good place to stay in Bristol.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest.

As a HHonors member I was very pleased to read that your room on arrival at the hotel had been upgraded to a deluxe room and that you felt your room was ‘very large’ and ‘well decorated’. I was also pleased to read your feedback regarding your room being ‘clean’ with a ‘comfortable bed’.

It was good to read that you felt your room service meal and your breakfast was of ‘good quality and value’. Your comments about the table space in your room are very valuable feedback and we have taken them on board. You will also be pleased to know that we will be launching our new exciting menu in the coming months.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Would recommend this hotel for its warm and friendly atmosphere and the really convenient position (centre of Bristol, two minutes from the main railway station and right next to St Mary Redcliffe Church). Andrew at reception made a point of giving us a room overlooking the church. Wonderful view! Thanks to everyone at Hilton Double Tree , Bristol.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your 5* review and your kind words about the hotels ‘warm and friendly atmosphere’.

I agree with you that our hotel is ‘conveniently positioned’ in Bristol, just a short walk from Temple Meads Train Station and that the City Centre (including Cabot Circus Shopping Centre and Bristol Harbourside) is only a short walk away. I was delighted to read that you liked your room with the view of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.