“Excellent service”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 303, great comfortable clean room, all staff I came across were very professional and polite, had breakfast the first morning, buffet style help yourself, nicely presented, non greasy cooked to perfection. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Bristol

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your recent 5* review. It is always great to read that you your room was 'comfortable and clean' and that you felt the staff were very 'professional and polite'.

I am also delighted to read you felt the buffet style breakfast was 'nicely presented' and 'cooked to perfection'.

Your comments are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Bristol.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 2nd December for 4 nights through work, it's not normally the type of Hotel I would go for as I would consider it too posh for me! The location is fantastic for the city centre, bus and railway stations. Only 15 minutes from the airport, and the airport bus practically passes the hotel door. On arrival check in was efficient and the warm cookie is a nice touch.
The room on the 2nd Floor was clean, with good facilities. The TV was big not your usual hotel TV, and it also had iron and ironing board facilities. The bathroom was very clean and I loved the shower! The staff at this hotel were helpful, my key-card stopped working on the last day but this was quickly resolved. The bar area has comfortable seating and has a good range of food and drink. Breakfast is fantastic, several choices and of a good quality. I went down to breakfast at various times however this did not affect the choices available.
I had room service one night. The food was good and I did not have to wait long to receive my order. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely return when I visit Bristol again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gibbyky2
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your recent 5* review.

I was delighted to read that you felt that the hotels 'location is fantastic for the city centre, bus and railway stations' and that you felt the warm cookie on arrival was a nice touch. The cookie is a signature of the DoubleTree brand and is incredibly popular with all our guests.

I was also very pleased to read you felt our bedrooms had good facilities, you loved the rainfull shower in your bathroom and that your breakfast was 'fantastic'.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Bristol.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff but DO NOT stay in a 1st floor room - over the function suites and very noisy until 1am. Overall soundproofing between rooms and corridor also poor. Disappointing as otherwise could have been a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to read you liked our hotel and that you felt our staff were friendly. I was however very sorry to read that your stay was disturbed by noise from our function room. Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and for future events held in the hotel we will ensure other guests are allocated bedrooms on higher floors.

We hope you will come and visit us again soon.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It is located just around the corner (5mins walk) from Bristol Temple Meads station and 15 minutes walk to the main shopping centre. I found the staff to be polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I was welcomed with a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie, what a treat!

The hotel is nicely decorated. My room wasn,t huge but big enough for me and more importantly was lovely clean. The room had a large flat screen tv, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities.

The hotel has a fitness centre with all the equipment you need for a good workout. The fuction rooms are large and the lunches provided are very tasty.

I had a buffet dinner in the Kiln restaurant. The buffet provided plenty of choice and the food was lovely. A member of our group had food allergies and the chef cooked them a special meal, which fitted their requirements. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and of great quality.

I will definatly be staying here again when i am next in Bristol.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your 5* review and your kind words about our hotel and the staff.

I was delighted to read you had a 'wonderful stay', enjoyed the welcome cookie and that our staff were 'polite and helpful' and that 'nothing was too much trouble' for them.

I was also very pleased to read you enjoyed your buffet meal in our Kiln Restaurant and that a member of your groups dietary requirements were personally met by one of our Chefs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next visit Bristol.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Centrally located 4 stars hotel. Warm and efficient personnel and good furniture. This hotel is deffo value for money. Just 5 minutes from the main station and from the city center and the harbor. Breakfast was good too, aligned with other standards with fresh orange juice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Michele B
93John, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I was delighted to read you felt our hotel was 'good quality and value for money'. I was also very pleased to read that you felt our staff were 'warm and efficient'.

We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay, no complaints about anything. The hotel facility's are brilliant, with the pool and spa area. welcomed with a warm
cookie. The room had a quirky boutique feel and the bed was beautiful. The breakfast was wonderful, completely spoilt for choice. Bristol as a city was also really fun to visit, good food and drink and loads to do.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenfletch
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us back in March. I was very pleased to read that you felt the hotels facilities were 'brilliant', your bed was 'wonderful' and that you were 'spoilt for choice at Breakfast'.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you visit Bristol again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Was visiting Bristol with friends to watch a show. The location was good, and the room was extremely good value. There was no mirror in the bedroom, which was a bit interesting with three girls sharing, however the hotel assured me that they were in the process of remedying this problem. Also did not feel that customers should have to pay £7.50 to park their car.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that the location of our hotel suited you and your friends. We are just a very short walk from Temple Meads train station and only a 10 minute walk into the centre of Bristol, Cabot Circus and Bristol Harbour side.

Please be assured that we do regularly monitor our car parking charges ensuring that we remain one of the cheapest hotels in Bristol for guest parking.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel again soon.