“Professional and friendly”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for a business trip, after check in was given a warm delicious cookie. The hotel was well maintained, clean and gave of a professional persona. The room was clean, well decorated and comfortable and a pleasant place to stay with little personal touches.
The restaurant was was pretty good for all meals and staff were helpful and pleasant.

All in all it was a pleasant stay which facilitated my business stay very well.

Room Tip: The rooms are not very well soundproofed, consider asking for a quiet area
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy1666
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent business stay at the hotel.

I was pleased to read that you liked the warm chocolate chip cookie that all our guests are given when they check into the hotel, this cookie is a signature of the brand of DoubleTree by Hilton. I was also delighted to read that you felt the hotel was a 'pleasant place to stay with little personal touches'. I will ensure your review is displayed on our Trip Advisor board on our staff canteen for all staff to see.

You can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Location is very hadn't for the train station. About a 5 minute walk to harbour and bars. 10 mins to shops

Room was good size with nice decor. No fridge or mini bar which wasn't ideal. Large comfy bed. Bathroom was nice but only a shower and no bath. Noisy group of girls in room next door and could hear every word

Check in staff were friendly and efficiently checked us in

Hotel bar lacks atmosphere, drinks are ok price for hotel

We are breakfast next day was average

Overall a good hotel for the price

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 4* review you have recently given the hotel. I was pleased that the location of the hotel was good for you, being close to the train station and only about a 5 minute walk to harbour and bars. It was great that you felt your room was a 'good size' with 'nice decor' and had a 'large comfy bed'. I was sorry however to read that you were disturbed by other guests in the hotel. We always have a Duty Manager on duty, and if they are made aware of any issues or guests concerns they can help to assist/resolve any issues.

It was good to read that you felt the check in staff were friendly and that you were efficiently checked into the hotel. I was disappointed that you felt the bar lacks atmosphere, however was pleased you felt the drink prices were ok. We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The reception desk service was very good. Room was ok, a bit small. The main disappointment was the water pressure. A huge rose coming from the ceiling, plus hand held shower, I thought this was going to be a nice shower, but it was like a watering can. Thank goodness I had my long hair cut last year before my stay. Food at breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read the water pressure in the shower was low when you stayed with us, I will ensure your comments are passed to the Maintenance department ensuring the water pressure is checked in the bedrooms and corrective measures put into place . I am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

I was pleased to read you felt the reception desk was 'very good' and that the food at breakfast was 'very nice'. We do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My first stay at a Double Tree so unsure what to expect. Rooms are usual 3 star standard yet the hotel has a restaurant & full room service. Perhaps the latter explains why the rooms have no minibar or fridge. Otherwise well situated hotel with no problems. Value of course depends on what you pay - we got a very good deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your recent 4* review. I am pleased that you felt the hotel was 'well situated', you had 'no problems' and that you were happy with the price you paid for your stay. I am sorry that our bedrooms do not have fridges, we do however have a 24 hour room/beverage service available to all our guests.

We hope you will come and stay with us again soon, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights April 2014 . I arranged 2 rooms for 2 nights . Location is excellent being both a 5 minute walk to the train station and 5 minutes to Bristol City Centre . Though there was heightened noise late on Saturday night as the city's youth headed home - this was hardly a criticism and the general quiet of the area probably made it seem a little loud .
Rooms were clean and nicely decorated and maintained to a high standard .
Breakfast was well worth it - a full buffet and very good service .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the 4* review you have given the hotel in relation to your recent two nights stay. I am pleased that the location of the hotel was excellent for you all, as you said we are only a short walk from Temple Meads Train Station and also to Bristol City Centre.

I was very sorry to read that you were able to hear other guests when they returned to their bedrooms later in the night. I do hope this did not affect you enjoying a good night’s sleep. I was however delighted to read that your rooms were 'clean', 'nicely decorated' and 'maintained to a high standard'.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and felt that the breakfast buffet was 'well worth it'. We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I wish all Hilton's where the same as this one. Excellent customer service and attention to detail was superb. Great stay and as a diamond member great service. The location is excellent and convenient to all of Bristol.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BBond1
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 5* review and the kind comments you have written regarding your stay with us.

I was delighted to read the service you received was 'excellent' with 'great attention to detail' and I agree with you that the location of the hotel is excellent and very convenient for our guests to see 'all of Bristol'.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and as a HHonors member you can earn more loyalty points.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Thanks to all the staff that made my groups stay an enjoyable one. Lovely clean modern hotel with friendly staff. A great reception on arrival with a nice welcome and cookies for everyone! The food in the restaurant was very nice with a good choice and the rooms large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan W
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5* review and the kind comments you have written about the hotel and the staff. It is always great to read that the staff members made your stay with us an 'enjoyable one'. I will ensure your thanks are passed onto the team members.

I am also pleased you enjoyed your cookie on arrival - all guests staying at any DoubleTree by Hilton hotel worldwide receive a warm chocolate chip cookie on check in. It is very popular with all of our guests!.

We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.