“A great option in Bristol”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alpharetta, Georgia
“A great option in Bristol”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Overall, a very nice hotel. Recent renovation and the rooms have a clean, modern feel. Staff were generally friendly and helpful.

For me there were a few challenges, in particular the size of my room- which could only be described as tiny. To be fair, I was at the hotel for nine days, and the room seemed to shrink each day. The bathroom was small and completely lacking in counter space (where do I put my shaving cream, toothpaste, etc.?). A personal annoyance was the shower arrangement- a sheet of glass covering half the shower, and allowing water to splash on the floor. I do not understand the logic although the approach seems common throughout the UK.

The restaurant is nice (interesting use of what was previously a glass kiln). Room service menu is very limited but there are good restaurants within walking distance.

I would come back- having stayed in a number of properties in Bristol, I like this one the best (within my price range). Try it- I think you will like it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest.

I was pleased to read that you felt the hotel was 'very nice' and that you liked the new décor of the hotel. The hotel underwent a £5 million renovation programme last year which saw all areas of the hotel being fully refurbished.

I was disappointed to read that you found your room and bathroom to be small. When you next make a booking with us please ask for some details regarding our deluxe rooms as these are larger than the standard rooms and may be of more comfort to you. You can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

I was delighted to read your final paragraph stating that you have stayed in a number of properties in Bristol but you 'like ours the best'. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Double Tree have some great hotels. This is one of them.

A short walk from the main Temple Meads station.

Great clean, modern hotel, with comfy room, love the comfy beds and modern bathroom / style of the rooms.
Nice toilet items in bathroom - makes a good touch. Clean fluffy towels.

Had room service as was late arriving - great quality food, home made and quick service.

Lunch in the bar area on day 2 was also good.

Would reccomend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. It was fantastic to read that you feel the brand of DoubleTree by Hilton have some great hotels including ours.

The location of our hotel for guests using Bristol Temple Meads Train Station is great as we are only a very short walk away, we are also only a short walk into the city centre and Bristol harbour side.

My team will be delighted to read all your kind comments regarding your bedroom, bathroom and your dining experiences in the hotel, I will ensure your review is posted on our TripAdvisor board in the staff canteen. We hope to see you again soon.
Newton Abbot
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Cookies are not enough to make up for a dirty shower, overpriced breakie limited drinks selection and dull food choice. When paying nearly a ton, one would expect biscuits, hot chocolate at least. i would also want breakfast, trying to charge another £17 is criminal, when it only costs them a few pounds at most, major mark up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very dissapointed to read that you were not happy with the cleanliness of your shower and that you did not feel you had value for money. We normally receive very positive feedback on both of these issues and I am very sorry that you did not feel the same way. I will ensure your comments are forwarded to the relevant Managers ensuring correction action is taken if required.

We do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as we were attending a music festival in Bristol. Our stay was excellent, everything you'd expect from a Hilton.
For us booking early enough got us some good rates on the room and as it was 10 minutes walk from our festival the location was perfect!
Beds were very comfortable and the breakfast sorted us out from the night before and set us up for the day ahead!
The festival is going ahead again next year and we plan to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for the recent review you have given the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel was 'everything you expected'.

I am also pleased to read that you are planning to stay with us again next year, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program. We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel next year if not before.
Hemingford Grey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Starting at reception, staff were very good and very pleasant. Room was fine, although no air con just heating. Evening meal I ate in the bar and it was ok but quite expensive for what it was (as always). Breakfast a bit of a let down. No idea why so many hotels can't cook most breakfast items. Scrambled egg you could have bounced it off the floor, bacon was grilled (badly) fat was charred meat if anything undercooked but doesn't look appetising compared to properly fried cripsy bacon. Mushrooms well let's not go there! Overall average, I feel Hilton used to be better than this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that the reception staff were 'very good' and 'very pleasant' when you arrived at the hotel and that your room was fine. I can confirm that all our bedrooms have individual air conditioning units which guests can adjust as required, I am sorry that you were unaware of this.

I was very disappointed to read that your felt your breakfast was not to the standard you expected. We normally receive very positive comments regarding the breakfast buffet items, I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. I will however ensure that your feedback is passed to the relevant departments.

We do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent a weekend at Doubletree Bristol last week and it was spot on. Location: rather close to the train station side of about 5 mins walk, not too far from city centre though (15-20mins walk or bus) Service: friendly and attentive, definitely above standard. Got a little cookie upon arrival for member Room: Outstanding cleanliness and and all furnitures are in excellent condition. It's a very new hotel! Facility: there is a 24hr fitness room. tried in the morning, not too many machines but more than enough for a quick workout I will surely consider to stay again and recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your 5* review and I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

All your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and my team will be pleased to hear that you had a 'delightful stay' at the hotel and with the DoubleTree by Hilton brand. I will ensure that your comments and feedback are placed on our Trip Advisor board in our staff canteen, so that everyone can see them. I can confirm that the ‘cookie’ is a signature of the DoubleTree brand and is incredibly popular. We do always offer anyone an alternative that has a nut or chocolate allergy.

I am also very pleased that you would be 'very happy to recommend our hotel to others' and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had our Wedding Reception at this hotel 3 years ago and it was absolutely fantastic. We've also stayed a couple of times since. However, the refurbishment of the hotel has put it into a whole new level.

Rooms are smart, modern and very clean. Very comfortable bed and quiet room with a good check out time.

Excellent food and service.

Would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your 5* review you have given the hotel. I can confirm that all areas of the hotel and all 201 bedrooms were fully refurbished last year along with the hotel re-brand to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol City Centre. The feedback we have received from all our guests has been very positive and I am delighted that you approve of the new décor and the changes made.

I will ensure your review is displayed on our TripAdvisor display board in the staff canteen so all team members can see your feedback/comments.

It is always pleasing to read when guests would 'highly recommend' our hotel to others and we look forward to seeing you again soon. You can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.