“A lovely hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the double tree hotel in Bristol for a weekend whilst attending a friends wedding. the hotel was clean and fresh, staff were very good, great location and lovely breakfast. I loved the fresh hot home made cookie we received on arrival, it was a lovely touch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 4* review you have given the hotel. I am delighted that you choose our hotel to stay in whilst attending your friends wedding and that you found the hotel to be 'clean and fresh' and that the staff were 'very good'.

The warm chocolate chip cookie is a signature of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand and all guests arriving at a 'Doubletree by Hilton' branded hotel will receive a cookie on arrival. I was pleased your enjoyed it and that you felt it was a lovely touch.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

First leisure trip to Bristol, it is a great city but made all the better by the excellent service and facilities of the Hilton Double Tree hotel. First class bedroom and food at breakfast and dinner were of a very good standard served by friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5* review you have given the hotel in relation to your first trip to Bristol. I was very pleased that you liked the city and that the service you received and the facilities at the hotel made your trip 'all the better'. It was also pleasing to read that you felt the bedroom was 'first class' and that both the food at breakfast and dinner were of a 'very good standard' and the staff were 'friendly'.

We hope you will come and visit Bristol and our hotel again soon, if you do you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I stayed just for the one night whilst we attended a local food festival. We arrived early and I nipped into hotel to see if we could leave our car there for the day. The young woman behind the desk was outstanding. She informed me it would be fine to park,validated car park ticket and told me we could check in immediately if we wanted too (even though it was three hours early). She couldn't have been more helpful. We were all checked in, given all information I had asked for (car park info, easiest way to get to town etc) for us it made our stay so much easier - being able to check in early and the staffs manner really put us in a fantastic frame of mind to enjoy our stay. Our bedroom was pleasant and very very clean and we thought decor throughout hotel was nice. We were so so pleased with our stay.our only regret being we didn't get the staff members name as would love to give her a special mention!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy4164
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5* review you have recently given the hotel.

I was delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you with an early check in and that your stay was made much more enjoyable due to the 'outstanding level of customer service' provided by the Receptionist who looked after you. I will ensure your review and your kind comments are passed onto the Reception team.

I was also very pleased to read that you felt your bedroom was 'pleasant','very very clean' and that you liked the decor throughout hotel. We do hope you will come and stay with us again soon. You can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was travelling on business and my client wanted to use this hotel for me to deliver training the next day. On arrival my room hadn't been held but they were really helpful & gave me a free drink whilst they sorted out the admin. I was given a room which was compact but functional. It was probably the most comfortable bed and pillows on my travels in the last year and I slept well.

The next morning I had a superb breakfast, although it was a buffet it was freshly cooked, not tired and dry as you often see. Juice was fresh too.

Only note of caution is that a little more attention to detail on decor wouldn't go amiss, for example roof tiles with damp stains or on cleaning, for example the shower head. Overall though a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 4* review and for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to read that the Reception team looked after you whilst they were confirming your reservation in the system and that you slept well and felt the bed/pillows were very comfortable.

I was also pleased that you gave us an 'extra star' for the friendliness of our staff and for the freshly cooked breakfast/juice you enjoyed in our Kiln Restaurant.

Please be assured your comments regarding the cleaning/maintenance of the shower and tiles will be forwarded to the relevant departments ensuring corrective action/cleaning is taken ensuring the décor of the hotel remains clean and to a high standard.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice hotel in good location; we walked everywhere (no driving on the left, thank you), found Bristol more interesting and attractive than we had realized. Staff was friendly, room small by U.S. standards but had twin beds (not easy to find). Very pleased.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 4* review you have recently given the hotel. I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be 'very nice' and in a 'good location' for guests that want to be able to see the sights of Bristol by foot.

I was also delighted to read that the twin bedded room was to your liking and that you found the staff in the hotel to be 'friendly'. If you visit Bristol again you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

very pleasant hotel, caring staff and good restaurant . the rooms were spacious and comfortable, very quiet as well. The welcoming cookie was excellent :) Great location in the city centre, the staff took much care of our expectations, taxi reservation, the bill was slip under the door when I woke up so that we didnt have to stop at the reception before leaving.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane S

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for the 5* review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your business trip with us and that our staff took 'much care' of your expectations during your stay with us. I was also pleased that our 'express check out' facility was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the welcoming cookie.

We do hope you will come and stay with us again soon, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

... well-situated, quiet, comfortable and with really good staff. The gym is well-stocked with decent machines. Breakfast was good. Rooms are well-laid out, the internet works and it's conducive to getting work done. All 'round excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the 5* review.

I was very pleased to read that you had an excellent all round experience at the hotel. We regularly receive very positive feedback from our guests on the convenient location of the hotel as we are very close to Temple Meads Train Station and only a short walking distance to the city centre and harbourside.

I was also pleased to read all your kind comments regarding your stay and that you made good use of our 24 hours access gym facilities. We very much look forward to your return visit to the hotel again soon.