DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great value for money. Room was very clean and comfortable. Reached late evening. Didn't realise I had messed up the booking by getting the dates wrong!
The staff attending to us were excellent. Gave us a room and were extremely courteous . Not sure of their names but thanks a lot. Didn't have to pay anything extra as well. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you for your 5/5 review. It is great to read that you were so well looked after. I will be personally highlighting your comments to my Front Office Manager.

Ocassionally guests do arrive with slight errors on their bookings. I am pleased to say that for the vast amount the Front Office team are able to resolve them with no problem at all.

Once again Thank You for the great review.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good standard hilton approaching the high quality you would experience in a US based facility. Staff v helpful, requested and got a late check out with no problem. Rooms comfortable and no external noise experienced. Breakfast good! Good transport system v close to temple meads for rail and on airport hopper route so no car required. Restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you had a relaxing break with us here at the hotel. Specifically that my staff were welcoming and very helpful during your stay. Great customer service is what we strive to acheive and to hear, first hand, that we are succeeding is excellent.

The hotel is very well placed for people visiting Bristol without a car. As you've rightly pointed out, the links to planes, trains and buses are very good indeed. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of them to explore Bristol further.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

you get free cookies at check in and the room was very comfy as were the beds
breakfast was good as you could help yourself
would definitely recommend this too any one going to Bristol,Nice walks round by the rivers

Room Tip: any room is nice

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. A 5/5 is fantastic. I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed you stay with us.

The cookies are very popular and real treat after what could be a long journey to Bristol. The harbourside and surrounding area is a real focus point in Bristol and the hotel is excellently suited for exploring it by foot.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were helpful and the hotel was clean & modern, warm cookies on arrival were a nice touch.
We had a package which included dinner in the hotel restaurant which I have to say was outstanding. I wasn't expecting much as it was at a discounted rate but I have to say they exceeded my expectations!
Great hotel would certainly stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leanne C
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Here at the hotel we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and the quality of stay that people have come to expect from the Hilton brand. It was great to read that you had a very good stay and thank you for the 5/5 review.

I have a very good team within the kitchen and I look forward to sharing your review with them directly.

Once again thank you for taking the time to complete the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

On arrival, the reception staff were very polite was booked in very quickly. The room was very clean and had a comfortable nights sleep. Although we didn't have breakfast friends of our that also stayed did and they both said how nice it was. I would definitely stay here again :)

1  Thank Lisa2484

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the brilliant review and for considering us for any future needs you may have.

I would definately recommend the breakfast buffett. What better way to start the day then a lovely big breakfast, especially if it follows a good nights sleep and even a lie in.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a really good stay here - we were there during the Harbourside Festival and although it was busy everywhere, the staff were welcoming and extremely helpful - in particular all the reception staff were superb and the warm cookie on arrival is a really nice touch.
My room was spacious and very comfortable with good air conditioning - great for a heat wave, although, and it's a tiny criticism, I would have liked a bath in my bathroom for that price.
Breakfast was a wee bit expensive but there was plenty of options and the hot food was constantly replenished, so we could get our money's worth!
Location wise, very handy for the train station and a pleasant stroll to the busier areas if you like a walk.
Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: A high room gave me great views across Bristol.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

A really big thank you for your 5/5 review.

There are several festivals throughout the year, in Bristol, and the harbourside one is one of the busiest. It was great to read that despite the volume of people, that my hotel team, specifically the Receptionists, were able to deliver a fantastic level of customer service...and lovely warm cookies!

Should you be considering making a future booking, please let us know that you would like a bath and my team will happily allocate a room accordingly.

Once again, thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with my son to complete a flying visit to the South West.
Clean and comfortable, as you would expect with very helpful and friendly staff.
Loved the restaurant, part of an older building, and the breakfast buffet was outstanding.
Only downside for me was a car park charge on top of a decent price for B&B

Room Tip: Can be a little difficult to find ensure you check directions as well as sat nav before travelling
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as one of your stops during your tour of the South West. I really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to complete the online review.

A tour of the West Country would not be complete without stopping off in Bristol and visiting some of the many historical features of the city. We're a two minute walk from Brunnel's Bristol Temple Meads station and only 20 minutes from his SS Great Britain.

As you might have read in other reviews, our breakfast is very highly regarded. What better way to get ready for a busy days exploring then having a great breakfast. I hope you and your son enjoyed your brief visit to Bristol. Perhaps you might wish to return to seek out the bits you might have missed? Please keep us in mind when planning any future trips.