“Great night's sleep!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Bromwich, West Midlands
“Great night's sleep!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the second time that I've stayed here and the most important thing is the quality of sleep you get. I don't normally sleep well in hotels but I'm knocked out here. There is no external noise and the bed is so comfy! The room is modern with a big telly in the wall at the foot of the bed. Shower over bath. What I do like in the bathroom is the heated mirror, it never steams up. Lovely view over the church too. The only criticism is that even though we were only staying one night, the maids knocked on our door three times! We checked out before the actual checkout time too. The first time was about 7.30, then about 8 and again about 9ish. I guess we should have put the little tag on the door but honestly thought we wouldn't need to as we had a checkout time. Other than that, great hotel and I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. A 5/5 is great but coupled with the fact that you have choosen to return to the hotel, based on a previous visit, makes it all the more fantastic.

I have a similiar problem in that I struggle to get a good nights sleep away from home, particularly during the first night. To wake up tired is not at all desirable, especially with a busy day ahead. To read that you feel you get a great quality of sleep is brilliant. We have invested in a very good quality of beds and I think your comments justify every bit of expense.

I will speak with the Housekeeping Manager regarding you being distrubed in the morning. Our room attendants can be a little eager on occasion. Like you suggested, using the 'Do Not Disturb' sign would remedy this in future.

Once again a big Thank You for choosing to stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Haverfordwest
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great value for money. Room was very clean and comfortable. Reached late evening. Didn't realise I had messed up the booking by getting the dates wrong!
The staff attending to us were excellent. Gave us a room and were extremely courteous . Not sure of their names but thanks a lot. Didn't have to pay anything extra as well. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you for your 5/5 review. It is great to read that you were so well looked after. I will be personally highlighting your comments to my Front Office Manager.

Ocassionally guests do arrive with slight errors on their bookings. I am pleased to say that for the vast amount the Front Office team are able to resolve them with no problem at all.

Once again Thank You for the great review.
ttg8
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good standard hilton approaching the high quality you would experience in a US based facility. Staff v helpful, requested and got a late check out with no problem. Rooms comfortable and no external noise experienced. Breakfast good! Good transport system v close to temple meads for rail and on airport hopper route so no car required. Restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you had a relaxing break with us here at the hotel. Specifically that my staff were welcoming and very helpful during your stay. Great customer service is what we strive to acheive and to hear, first hand, that we are succeeding is excellent.

The hotel is very well placed for people visiting Bristol without a car. As you've rightly pointed out, the links to planes, trains and buses are very good indeed. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of them to explore Bristol further.

Once again thank you for your review.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

you get free cookies at check in and the room was very comfy as were the beds
breakfast was good as you could help yourself
would definitely recommend this too any one going to Bristol,Nice walks round by the rivers

Room Tip: any room is nice
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. A 5/5 is fantastic. I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed you stay with us.

The cookies are very popular and real treat after what could be a long journey to Bristol. The harbourside and surrounding area is a real focus point in Bristol and the hotel is excellently suited for exploring it by foot.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were helpful and the hotel was clean & modern, warm cookies on arrival were a nice touch.
We had a package which included dinner in the hotel restaurant which I have to say was outstanding. I wasn't expecting much as it was at a discounted rate but I have to say they exceeded my expectations!
Great hotel would certainly stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leanne C
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Here at the hotel we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and the quality of stay that people have come to expect from the Hilton brand. It was great to read that you had a very good stay and thank you for the 5/5 review.

I have a very good team within the kitchen and I look forward to sharing your review with them directly.

Once again thank you for taking the time to complete the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

On arrival, the reception staff were very polite was booked in very quickly. The room was very clean and had a comfortable nights sleep. Although we didn't have breakfast friends of our that also stayed did and they both said how nice it was. I would definitely stay here again :)

1 Thank Lisa2484
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the brilliant review and for considering us for any future needs you may have.

I would definately recommend the breakfast buffett. What better way to start the day then a lovely big breakfast, especially if it follows a good nights sleep and even a lie in.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a really good stay here - we were there during the Harbourside Festival and although it was busy everywhere, the staff were welcoming and extremely helpful - in particular all the reception staff were superb and the warm cookie on arrival is a really nice touch.
My room was spacious and very comfortable with good air conditioning - great for a heat wave, although, and it's a tiny criticism, I would have liked a bath in my bathroom for that price.
Breakfast was a wee bit expensive but there was plenty of options and the hot food was constantly replenished, so we could get our money's worth!
Location wise, very handy for the train station and a pleasant stroll to the busier areas if you like a walk.
Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: A high room gave me great views across Bristol.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

A really big thank you for your 5/5 review.

There are several festivals throughout the year, in Bristol, and the harbourside one is one of the busiest. It was great to read that despite the volume of people, that my hotel team, specifically the Receptionists, were able to deliver a fantastic level of customer service...and lovely warm cookies!

Should you be considering making a future booking, please let us know that you would like a bath and my team will happily allocate a room accordingly.

Once again, thank you for the great review.