DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Held a large party here and stayed overnight. Party was organised to a T, the buffet was great and nothing was too much trouble with plates being cleared very quickly. Room very good, clean and quiet. Had a good nights sleep. Plenty of choice at breakfast with cereals, toast, muffins and full english available and lots of tea, coffee and fresh orange juice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for you 5/5 review and for choosing to hold your big event with us at the hotel. I'm very pleased to read that you had a wonderful evening and nights stay with us.

From speaking with my team members, who were on duty during your party, I understand that it ran very smoothly and, most importantly, all your guests were having a brilliant time.

What more could you ask for after such a big event? A good nights sleep and a great breakfast in the morning. Please do consider us for any further needs that you may have in the future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Reviewed 27 August 2014

very comfortable room, staff were delightful and helpful, the restaurant was excellent; plenty of space to park, and quite near the city centre. Superb view of St Mary Redcliffe. Close to Bristol Temple Meads station and plenty to see and do around town.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay. A 5/5 is really wonderful to read.

Your comments regarding our delightful & helpful staff is very pleasing to read. We strive to deliver a first class less of customer service and feedback, such as yours, helps to confirm that we are on the right track.

I am very pleased that you would consider us for any of your future needs within Bristol and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very nicely decorated stylish and sleek hotel. Stayed for 2 nights over a weekend. Restaurant was slightly too expensive for us. The room was clean and had a great shower with a steady temperature. Free cookie on check-in too! We did book the room last minute which may be why the rate was quite high, but shame breakfast isn't included as standard...

But overall a classy hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

A big thank you for completing a review of your recent weekend break. I was pleased to read that you agree with me, in that the hotel has never looked better. The new renovations really have given the hotel a touch of class.

I was sorry to read that you didn't dine with us in house. However, part of the attraction of the hotel is it's location in relation to some of the great eating spots around Bristol. We're just 5 minutes from some great restaurants and bars. So there is plenty within a short walk to meet everybodies differing tastes and desires.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. If you have a date in mind, have a good look online and you will find some excellent deals and offers that can be had.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We found the Hilton Doubletree Bristol to be an excellent choice for our 10th wedding anniversary. The service and room were better than most Hilton hotels and it is in a great location to walk into the city. The breakfast was much better than other Hilton hotels we have stayed at. I would definitely stay here again when next in Bristol.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. First hand feedback is very important to ensure we are delivering the best customer service we can. A 5/5 review is fantastic.

All anniversaries are big event but I think the 10th is one of the really special ones. Thank you for choosing to spend this time of celibration with us. I hope you managed to explore Bristol and create a few memories to remember at the next annivesary.

Our breakfast is very popular and sets our guests up for busy days whether working or relaxing in and around Bristol. I'm really pleased to read you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your recommendation and I would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Came for bank holiday weekend had an amazing time, hotel really central to the docks/bars and town centre! Doubletree hilton really exceeds expectations with it's services and facilities. Rooms are really hard to leave what with a 42 inch television and cloud like double bed what else could you ask for! Staff were all really friendly and helpful! Bar and food really reasonably priced and yummy with a 24hr room service option aswell if needs be.
I definatley will be staying here on any future visits to bristol/bath.

• Stayed: August 2014
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Goodness, our 5th 5/5 review in a row! Thank you for letting us be part of your Bank Holiday mini break.

Our guest really can forget about their cars once they've parked up. We're very well placed for all the attractions within Bristol and it sounds like you got to experience quite a few of them. The harbourside is brilliant both during daylight and night time, with its shops and restaurants.

Our bedrooms are very comfortable. In our beds we invested in top quality stock and each time I read a review, such as yours, I feel justified in the decision. A good nights sleep is vital for both leisure and business guests alike and I am very happy that that contributed to your excellent stay.

I am very pleased that you would consider us for any future needs within Bristol and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here with my wife recently on a quick 1 night break in Bristol. We are Hilton Honors members and as such were treated to an upgrade to a really nice room on the 5th floor which acres of space and a king-size bed at least. The room was clean and a good temperature with a nice bathroom, including bath and shower. Its only a 5 minute walk from the city centre/historic harbour side and only 10 mins from ss Great Britain. The breakfast was the usual Hilton buffet so no issues there and the staff were very polite. We will certainly stay here again, I mean they give you a free cookie on check-in so why wouldn't you come back?!

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you for taking the time to complete your review of the hotel. The 5/5 score is very much appreciated.

The Hilton Honours programme is becoming increasingly popular. We look after all our guests well but are delighted when HH guests arrive and we are able to make their stay that little bit special. I was really pleased to read that you like your complimentary upgrade to the 5th Floor - with its commanding views of Bristol City centre.

Another simple gesture is the welcoming cookie. It is very popular with all of our guests. I don't think it is entirely the reason that we get a great deal of returning guests but I have my suspicions that it might be for one or two! I have offered my services as quality control but sadly was turned down.

Once again a really big Thank You for your review and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels brand.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Recently had a weekend break at this hotel The rooms are very comfortable and clean, I would think they have recently been refurbished . The hotel is in an amazing position with most of Bristol's attractions within short walking distance . What really bowled me over however was the welcome by the reception staff on arrival Saturday morning the receptionist was very friendly and took time in the nicest way to find out what we would like to see over the weekend and recomended places to eat and drink outside the hotel the advice was very good the best check in I've ever experienced which set the tone for the whole stay top class!!!

Dear Guest,

A big Thank You for your 5/5 rating of the hotel following your recent stay.

I am thrilled that you higlighted the reception team for the excellent assistance they gave you during your time with us. Although we would love for you to dine with us within the hotel, we understand that people want to explore Bristols shop, attractions and restaurants. The reception team are encouraged to give recommendations based on their personal experiences.

The hotel has indeed been recently refurbished, with a great deal of time making the rooms as comfortable as possible - the highlights being the extra comfortable beds, large screen TVs and a decent WiFi connection throughout the hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel well placed to explore the City of Bristol, being within easy walking distance of all the shopping and a great deal of the historic centre of Bristol.

Please do consider us again should you choose to visit Bristol, or the South West, again.