“GREAT CENTRAL LOCATION.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Devon
“GREAT CENTRAL LOCATION.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed for three nights on a bed and breakfast basis over the bank holiday period.My husband and I were very impressed with the hotel and staff. The hotel is very central for exploring Bristol and only a five minute walk from Bristol Temple Mead Station.Check in and check out was quick and fast with a well organised reception with friendly informative and helpful staff. The added touch of a freshly baked cookie on arrival was very welcome after a long journey in heavy bank holiday traffic!! Our room was on the second floor and was very modern with everything we needed and had a lovely view of the church. The shower in the room was excellent, with a hand shower and overhead shower, and the bed, king size and comfortable. Air-conditioning was provided and was a quiet and efficient system. We had a very restful, undisturbed stay and although the hotel was quite full, there was a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. With regards to the food, breakfast was fresh, varied and delicious, with very welcoming and efficient staff. .We would definitely stay here again next time we visit Bristol. A real gem, great value for money and great location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review. A 5/5 score is great to read.

The cookie is part of the very warm welcome we try to provide our guests. The journey to the hotel can be tough, especially during busy periods such as Bank holiday weekends. The faster our guests can relax and unwind and start enjoying their break, the better.

I was pleased to read that you found the room to your liking. We invested a good deal of time and energy in designing a room that would be both very relaxing, with great quality beds, really decent shower systems, and having everything that the busy traveller might require.

Once again a big thank you for completing your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I travel down to Cardiff each year for the Speedway GP with family and we always end up staying in Bristol due to the flights we get, Bristols location to Cardiff and the price difference between the two.
In the past we have always stayed at the Ibis hotel by the train station but this year the price seemed to have doubled by the time I went to book so a quick search online pointed me towards the Doubletree.
It's right across the road from the stop used by the airport bus, and the return bus picks up right in front of the hotel. Templemeads station is a two minute walk round the corner and although we didn't walk into the centre of Bristol this time, I think it's only a ten minute walk away.
We arrived early in the day before the rooms where ready and where able to leave our bags in the luggage room to be checked-in at a later time.
This hotel, despite being good value for money when I booked it, had me hooked when they gave us free cookies at checkin. Especially when we managed to end up with an extra one :)
I had a double room on the 2nd floor. The space was ample enough for what I'd be using it for, but it you are going to be in your hotel room for longer periods then maybe a twin room would be a better purchase. My room faced to the side and a adjacent car park that was a little noisy with a group of people meeting up but they didn't stay for long and I was able to enjoy a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was not included in the price and cost about £10 extra person. Although I think this is maybe a little steep, it is a buffet and you can have as much as you like and it is a pretty decent selection. Everything from cereals, fruits, yoghurts, fried foods, ect as well as hot and cold drinks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mhairi87
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review of your recent stay.

I imagine we were nearly perfectly placed to help with keeping your journey wos to a minimum. With the airport bus stop literally at the bottom of our car park and Bristol Temple Meads just about 2 minutes walk away, we are ideally situated for guests with juorneys such as yours. It is a shame that you didn't have time to explore Central Bristol further. The shopping area is a mere 15 minute walk and the historic harbourside is less than 10!

The cookies suprise a lot of guests new to the hotel but never disappoint. They are a very simple way of giving guests something warm and lovely to enjoy and help feel a little more human again, after what can be long journeys.

I'm glad you choose to add breakfast to your stay. It is competatively priced with our competators but, as you pointed out, it is a buffett style where you can have as much as you would like. What better way to prepare yourself for further travel and whatever the busy day has in store ahead.

Perhaps next time your traveling to or through Bristol you might like to prolong your stay to enjoy the local surroundings more. Maybe you might even stay with us again and give us the chance to add that 5th star.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Held a large party here and stayed overnight. Party was organised to a T, the buffet was great and nothing was too much trouble with plates being cleared very quickly. Room very good, clean and quiet. Had a good nights sleep. Plenty of choice at breakfast with cereals, toast, muffins and full english available and lots of tea, coffee and fresh orange juice.

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for you 5/5 review and for choosing to hold your big event with us at the hotel. I'm very pleased to read that you had a wonderful evening and nights stay with us.

From speaking with my team members, who were on duty during your party, I understand that it ran very smoothly and, most importantly, all your guests were having a brilliant time.

What more could you ask for after such a big event? A good nights sleep and a great breakfast in the morning. Please do consider us for any further needs that you may have in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

very comfortable room, staff were delightful and helpful, the restaurant was excellent; plenty of space to park, and quite near the city centre. Superb view of St Mary Redcliffe. Close to Bristol Temple Meads station and plenty to see and do around town.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay. A 5/5 is really wonderful to read.

Your comments regarding our delightful & helpful staff is very pleasing to read. We strive to deliver a first class less of customer service and feedback, such as yours, helps to confirm that we are on the right track.

I am very pleased that you would consider us for any of your future needs within Bristol and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very nicely decorated stylish and sleek hotel. Stayed for 2 nights over a weekend. Restaurant was slightly too expensive for us. The room was clean and had a great shower with a steady temperature. Free cookie on check-in too! We did book the room last minute which may be why the rate was quite high, but shame breakfast isn't included as standard...

But overall a classy hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

A big thank you for completing a review of your recent weekend break. I was pleased to read that you agree with me, in that the hotel has never looked better. The new renovations really have given the hotel a touch of class.

I was sorry to read that you didn't dine with us in house. However, part of the attraction of the hotel is it's location in relation to some of the great eating spots around Bristol. We're just 5 minutes from some great restaurants and bars. So there is plenty within a short walk to meet everybodies differing tastes and desires.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. If you have a date in mind, have a good look online and you will find some excellent deals and offers that can be had.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We found the Hilton Doubletree Bristol to be an excellent choice for our 10th wedding anniversary. The service and room were better than most Hilton hotels and it is in a great location to walk into the city. The breakfast was much better than other Hilton hotels we have stayed at. I would definitely stay here again when next in Bristol.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. First hand feedback is very important to ensure we are delivering the best customer service we can. A 5/5 review is fantastic.

All anniversaries are big event but I think the 10th is one of the really special ones. Thank you for choosing to spend this time of celibration with us. I hope you managed to explore Bristol and create a few memories to remember at the next annivesary.

Our breakfast is very popular and sets our guests up for busy days whether working or relaxing in and around Bristol. I'm really pleased to read you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your recommendation and I would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Came for bank holiday weekend had an amazing time, hotel really central to the docks/bars and town centre! Doubletree hilton really exceeds expectations with it's services and facilities. Rooms are really hard to leave what with a 42 inch television and cloud like double bed what else could you ask for! Staff were all really friendly and helpful! Bar and food really reasonably priced and yummy with a 24hr room service option aswell if needs be.
I definatley will be staying here on any future visits to bristol/bath.

• Stayed August 2014
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Goodness, our 5th 5/5 review in a row! Thank you for letting us be part of your Bank Holiday mini break.

Our guest really can forget about their cars once they've parked up. We're very well placed for all the attractions within Bristol and it sounds like you got to experience quite a few of them. The harbourside is brilliant both during daylight and night time, with its shops and restaurants.

Our bedrooms are very comfortable. In our beds we invested in top quality stock and each time I read a review, such as yours, I feel justified in the decision. A good nights sleep is vital for both leisure and business guests alike and I am very happy that that contributed to your excellent stay.

I am very pleased that you would consider us for any future needs within Bristol and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.