Avon Gorge Hotel
US$150
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
US$94
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Hotwire.com
1,093 results
All reviewsclifton suspension bridgewhite liongreat view of the bridgelarge terraceterrace barlovely hotelstreet parkingthird floorhotel du vinstayed for one nightfamily roomfull englishlovely roomcooked breakfastweddingpermitrefurb
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this lovely hotel over the bank holiday the rooms were lovely with a beautiful view of the bridge and gorge .
We enjoyed a drink on the huge terrace before having a meal in the hotel the food, service and staff were excellent we will definitely be back

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheAvonGorge, General Manager at Avon Gorge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words on the team, rest assured that I will pass on your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Avon Gorge Hotel 2 nights in may as part of my birthday.Myself and my girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.Our room was comfortable andWe had a great view of the Clifton bridge.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night and the food and service was brilliant. The staff were friendly and attentive.
I really dont understand the negative comments posted about the hotel but then again during our stay we observed a few fellow guests who were quite frankly impatient and rude.As for some comments regarding not being able to open windows. It is a safety requirement regarding sash windows
All in all a great hotel in a great location of bristol. So a big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheAvonGorge, General Manager at Avon Gorge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank your feedback, and you kind words. I was glad to hear that you enjoy your birthday celebration at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thank you for supporting The Avon Gorge Hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

y poor service from front desk. Waiting staff good.

Had a room after wedding. No lights working in bath room and room fixtures falling off.

Front desk made us pay more than our booking.com reservation and no sorry or refund for having a room with no working lights in bathroom.

The "gorge view" was only obtained by placing head on window and looking right. Otherwise looking out the rotten and no movable window the view was directly into a tree growing out side the building

Dear Bowsaw,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectation. I was also concerned to hear of the maintenance issue your faced during your stay and I trust that this was rectified and fixed quickly.
Please contact me directly at the hotel, I would love the opportunity to put this right for you.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Suite was barely worth the title, building work instead of the view, restaurant food is average at best and the dress code for the cafe / supposed restaurant includes allowing vests, wet weather clothing (I think anything goes)
Pointed all this out to the evening duty manager who did reduce the bill but still waiting to hear from the general manager who was supposed to email me with an explanation for the issues raised

2  Thank Mike M
TheAvonGorge, General Manager at Avon Gorge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mike M

Many thanks for your feedback.
we do not impose a strict dress code on our guest in the Bridge Café restaurant. We want our guest to feel relaxed away from home. In this day and age it would be wrong for us to impose a dress code, all we ask our guest is to show decorum at all times.
We do not claim to have 4 star hotel suites as we are only a Three star hotel, and a very good one judging from all the positive comments we receive on trip advisor. The view is priceless.
I was disappointed to hear that we do not meet your expectation but I glad to hear that pour Duty Manager on the night took your comments on Board an generously discounted you rate.
I am still a little unsure as to which building site your referring to as we do not have any work taking place at present.
I will also write to you personally as you have requested and I hope we will have the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We booked into this hotel, went to the room and promptly checked out again. Others reviews have mentioned this but there were clearly a number of large and quite boisterous / well oiled parties at the hotel... fine if you happen to be with one but not exactly a quiet and relaxing experience.

The so-called "superior" room was dire. It was meant to have a view of the Clifton Bridge which was only possibly by craning your neck at an oblique angle through dirty windows. The room itself looked like we had entered a 1970's time warp - the facilities were "budget" and may have been provided by B&Q. This is not a top quality establishment. To their credit the front desk accepted our "no thanks" but did inquire the reasons. This hotel is fine for large/boozy parties but not for a quiet relaxed stay. For much less than the £130 asking price we relocated to the Bristol Marriot Royal which was far superior, more relaxing and much less expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ross N
Many thanks for your feedback.
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations.
All our rooms have recently been refurbished to a modern standards, Flat screen television, new rain showers, and High quality soft furnishing in elegant colours and British manufactured furniture.
It is impossible for me to comments on the value for money our competitor hotel offer. But I can assure that none enjoy the fantastic location of Clifton, the great views of the Clifton Suspension bridge and all this a short walk away form the world famous Bristol Zoo.
Please feel free to contact me directly, we would love to put this right.