Having stayed at the hotel last Sunday night i set out below my views.
1. Excellent location wonderful views and a fine update of a magnificent building.
2. Lounge bar covered in dirty glasses due to one virtually domestic size dishwasher covering both the bar and the restaurant. Neither the staff nor the washer can cope.
3. Staff have to walk from the lounge bar to the pub to get any draft ales which leaves the bar unmanned.
4. Service in the restaurant in the evening was abysmal 30 minutes from receiving menus to someone taking an order, a further 20 minutes before starters arrived and then the wine had been forgotten.
5. Two staff serving such a large restaurant was just not feasible something the manager realised later in the evening. No sommelier which makes matters doubly worse
6.The heating system above tables in the final window vriwsis hit and miss going from freezing cold to tropical certainly needs adjustment.
7. Cheerful breakfast staff service slow, ran out of kippers and had to get some from the lower kitchen which delayed service considerably.
8.Check out excellent and the above points were raised with a request that a senior member of staff calls me, to date no contact.More
- Free Wifi