Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Agoda.com
US$94
US$91
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$91
US$96
US$93
1,818 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecabot circuscity centrecastle parkharvey nicholssmall balconyterrace barbristol marriottair conleisure facilitiesncp car park next doorsteam roomtwo double bedspublic areasenjoyable staysunday morningstayed here for one night
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for a short stay. The staff couldn't do enough for us, the room was very clean and spacious and the location is right in the heart of Cabot Circus. I arrived on a very warm day and there was even refreshments near the check in desk which was a very nice touch.

Room Tip: A room with 2 double beds was extra spacious
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your review following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you with any future arrangements.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Reasonably comfortable hotel with helpful staff. That said, the room air con was poor, noisy and inefficient (did not sufficiently cool the room) and noise from the TV in the room next door was disturbing.

The hotel is centrally located near the Cabot centre and there is an abundance of eating places nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre. Please be advised that we will be getting our air conditioning units replaced in all of our bedrooms, with work starting shortly. This will result in quieter units that produce either hot or cold air at a much faster rate than the ones that we currently have in our bedrooms.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights as we came to Bristol for the Harbour Fesitval and to visit friends. We have stayed here before so knew roughly what to expect.

Check in was quick and efficient with a nice trainee serving us. The offer of ice cold water was very gratefully received on our arrival. Very thankful to see the house keepers had put the air con on in our room ready for our arrival as it was incredibly hot this weekend!

Room was clean on our arrival and cleaned daily to a high standard. As others have already stated the rooms could really do with a facelift, very dated and bathroom looked very, very well used.

We didn't eat in the hotel at all as food here is a little on the pricey side. We did have a few drinks in the terrace bar where the staff were pleasant but oh my lord it was expensive ! We ordered a "large" glass of red wine -which is not large at all at only 175ml -and a Mindori with Lemonade which set us back £11. I understand hotels will always charge more than your average bar but we could get that round nearly three times over where we come from.

All staff very friendly and welcoming. Nice to be greeted when walking past cleaners in the corridors.

Extremely convenient location- shops,restaurants and bars on the doorstep. A short walk to the beautiful docks.

All in all we have no complaints about our stay here and would probably book to stay here again when we next visit Bristol but I would love to see a bit of modernisation within the bedrooms.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lydia F
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider returning to the hotel in the future.

We very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if i can assist you with future arranagements.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'll start with the only gripe we had when arriving: booking through hotels.com we thought our requirements would have been forwarded to Marriott but Vanessa on the front desk communicated it hadn't been and cut a long story short, we were finally accommodated by the manager.

Now onto the good! Excellent location for our needs and comfy beds/rooms/facilities. Leisure area is clean, peaceful and spacious.

Would like to name a few people who particularly stood out for my mother and me during our stay: Walter (the Italian man at the bar), Mariona (a glamorous Spaniard who serves omlettes to perfection with a smile), Joe who served breakfast on 19/7 and has the best customer service I've seen in a while and another Bristolian lady who also served at the bar the same time as Walter (I'm SO SORRY I didn't get your name!!). Lastly to Elizabeth who cleaned room 634 with diligence and efficiency - you are probably not thanked enough but I thank you.

Would management please pass my regards onto them and to the rest of the breakfast staff too who work tirelessly to make it an enjoyable time for guests.

All the best.

Room Tip: Room 634 was perfectly fine with no problems. The only thing I'd like to add is please add an extra flannel for guests staying in a twin room as no one likes to share that!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Teresa Y

Thank you for your review following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre. We are so pleased to hear that you and your mother had an enjoyable stay with us.

I can assure you that your very kind comments about our staff have been shared with our management team so that they can be properly recognised for your feedback.

We very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you with any future arrangements.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Not my usual hotel - but as it was graduation for the students in Bristol the hotels were busy.
On arrival there was a very long check in cue - the staff handled it well and even offered cold lemonade to drink whilst waiting !
Great facilities , room lovely although to be picky the bathroom is dated could do with an upgrade considering the room rates.
It was a warm night and unfortunately theres a monster of an air conditioning unit in the room which is very loud so the choice was hot and no sleep or loud and no sleep.
Stay in cool weather !
Parking right next door in NCP £14 overnight charge that's discounted - I've only come across futures inn with free parking but the standard is much more basic .
Overall I would stay again just for the leisure facilities

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider returning to the hotel in the future.

I am happy to inform you that we will be getting our air conditioning units replaced in all of our bedrooms, with work starting shortly. This will result in quieter units that produce either hot or cold air at a much faster rate than the ones that we currently have in our bedrooms.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you with future arrangements.