“A friehdly and welcoming hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Berkeley Square Hotel

Berkeley Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
South Molton, United Kingdom
“A friehdly and welcoming hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My room was very clean and comfortable and I enjoyed the fruit, beverages, biscuits and sherry! I was glad to see a bath, with shower over, and fluffy towels in the bathroom. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and my scrambled eggs and bacon were well cooked. The Berkely Square is in a quiet location but close to the city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only slight grumble was that both the nights I stayed there were noisy parties just below my room - but it was Christmas so to be expected. I discovered that I could have asked for a quiet room and will do so next time I stay.

Room Tip: ASk for a quiet room to avoid party noise.
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear 43paddy75

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary tea, biscuits, fruit and sherry in your room and that the room itself was comfy and clean. The breakfast is also superb and offers a great variety for our guests.

As you mentioned, over the Christmas period our on site restaurant the Sqaure is very busy with Christmas parties so we always cater for guests requests for quieter rooms higher up in the hotel.

We hope to see you again the next time you're visiting Bristol!

Jess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great price and great location to Bristol.
Comfortable bed, clean room with amenities.
Thermostat broken, room far too hot!
Rude receptionist on arrival made no effort to help us find parking.
Good breakfast.
Not bad but could definitely improve.

Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Dear Rachael V

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you found the room to be clean and enjoyed the amenities. This room has recently had a new V Spring mattress replaced so I'm glad you found the bed to be comfortable. I apologise that the thermostat wasn't working, I will bring this up with the maintenance team to be replaced.

I was very shocked to hear that the receptionist didn't help with parking. We operate our garage on a first come first serve basis and if there are no more spaces available, the reception team are well trained to offer alternative solutions. I will be sure to bring this up with the receptionist who checked you in.

Kindest regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed on the 10th December in the basement room and £126 for one night. We were not told about room being below a nightclub bar and toilet, this closed at 1.30am, so we could not sleep until then. We could also hear all of the smokers outside throughout the night, the noise as you can imagine was beyond awful.

Had to fight to get out £7 back for car parking even though there were no spaces. How is this even offered as a service?

The complementary fruit was old and tired, as was the general decor.

Very overpriced for such a small room, had to leave at 6am in the morning, couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Garywatts 83,

I was very saddened to read your review. You had booked your room through booking.com which states 'This room is located near the onsite bar and restaurant' and during our busy Christmas period, the lower deck doubles are more suitable for those attending the restaurant for Christmas events.

You also booked your room on the day (which is reflected in the price increase as on the day bookings are more expensive). We courtesy call/email all of our guests before their stay to inform them of these events, but weren't able to as this room was booked at very short notice.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the room. Our fruit is replenished daily and I will bring your comments up with my house manager.

Kind regards,

Jess, Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had our works do here last night, was very easy to organise, Mika and Dan were very helpful. Fantastic value for money, really beautiful venue and food was fantastic, all for £22! Service was lovely and the atmosphere was fantastic. Would 100% recommend, thank you for having us!

Stayed December 2016, travelled with friends
Dear Helen L

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a good Christmas party with us and enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

We hope to see you again soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2016

I was looking for a hotel close to Bath that was pet friendly. I had not considered this group due to a bad stay in the past. However, everything this time was outstanding. The staff were really keen to help me with my reservation and considerate when doing so. We were allocated a lovely ground floor room. This was a large room with spacious walk in shower in the bathroom along with designer toiletries. The staff were really friendly and they helped us get a cab for dinner. Breakfast in the morning was really tasty and freshly cooked to order to go with the generous buffet. The Hotel has a great location which offers easy access to all the main attractions. The real highlight for us was that it was pet friendly.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2016
Dear Waz A,

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the room with its spacious shower and Elemis toiletries. Our staff always go out of their way to accommodate guests needs so I'm glad to hear that they were helpful with your reservation.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, our breakfast team are an asset to the hotel and I will be passing on your positive comments to them.

We hope to see you again the next time you're visiting Bristol!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel in a lovely square disguises what is a very average hotel. The room was tiny and in need of a good upgrade. Whilst the staff were friendly the bar was down in what felt like a cellar! The location though is fab.

Stayed December 2016, travelled on business
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2016
Dear Ross H,

Thank you for your feedback. Our executive single rooms are designed for solo travellers and those looking for a more spacious room have the option to upgrade to a double room for an extra £20 on the day (subject to availability).

I'm glad to hear the staff were friendly during your stay and that you enjoyed the location, Clifton is an excellent part of Bristol to visit and I hope you managed to enjoy the sights while visiting.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for several nights on a work trip, the bed was amazingly comfy and everything was clean and tidy.
The staff were friendly and helpful wi the breakfast being particularly good - there's cereal and fruit etc that you can help yourself to and then hot food you can order from the menu. An added bonus was a little decanter of sherry in the room - a first for any hotel I've stayed in!
The hotel is up quite a large hill but it's pretty close to a good selection of restaurants and not far at all from the city centre.

Stayed December 2016, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2016
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear you found the room to be clean and comfortable. Our added extras in the rooms (like the sherry) set us apart from other hotels in the area and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them.

We're very proud of our central location and I hope you managed to enjoy the picturesque surrounding area of Clifton while visiting for your work trip.

We hope to see you again soon!