The Berkeley Square Hotel
US$87
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$83
  • Bar/Lounge
US$133
US$95
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$105
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$83
  • Restaurant
Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomplimentary sherrybristol creamquiet squarebowl of fruitbasement barsecure garageground coffeeloose leaf tealittle touchesdvd playerclifton areahotel is in a great locationexcellent breakfastone night stayuniversitydecantercafetiere
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Great price and great location to Bristol.
Comfortable bed, clean room with amenities.
Thermostat broken, room far too hot!
Rude receptionist on arrival made no effort to help us find parking.
Good breakfast.
Not bad but could definitely improve.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Rachael V

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you found the room to be clean and enjoyed the amenities. This room has recently had a new V Spring mattress replaced so I'm glad you found the bed to be comfortable. I apologise that the thermostat wasn't working, I will bring this up with the maintenance team to be replaced.

I was very shocked to hear that the receptionist didn't help with parking. We operate our garage on a first come first serve basis and if there are no more spaces available, the reception team are well trained to offer alternative solutions. I will be sure to bring this up with the receptionist who checked you in.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We stayed on the 10th December in the basement room and £126 for one night. We were not told about room being below a nightclub bar and toilet, this closed at 1.30am, so we could not sleep until then. We could also hear all of the smokers outside throughout the night, the noise as you can imagine was beyond awful.

Had to fight to get out £7 back for car parking even though there were no spaces. How is this even offered as a service?

The complementary fruit was old and tired, as was the general decor.

Very overpriced for such a small room, had to leave at 6am in the morning, couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Garywatts 83,

I was very saddened to read your review. You had booked your room through booking.com which states 'This room is located near the onsite bar and restaurant' and during our busy Christmas period, the lower deck doubles are more suitable for those attending the restaurant for Christmas events.

You also booked your room on the day (which is reflected in the price increase as on the day bookings are more expensive). We courtesy call/email all of our guests before their stay to inform them of these events, but weren't able to as this room was booked at very short notice.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the room. Our fruit is replenished daily and I will bring your comments up with my house manager.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Had our works do here last night, was very easy to organise, Mika and Dan were very helpful. Fantastic value for money, really beautiful venue and food was fantastic, all for £22! Service was lovely and the atmosphere was fantastic. Would 100% recommend, thank you for having us!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Helen L

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a good Christmas party with us and enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I was looking for a hotel close to Bath that was pet friendly. I had not considered this group due to a bad stay in the past. However, everything this time was outstanding. The staff were really keen to help me with my reservation and considerate when doing so. We were allocated a lovely ground floor room. This was a large room with spacious walk in shower in the bathroom along with designer toiletries. The staff were really friendly and they helped us get a cab for dinner. Breakfast in the morning was really tasty and freshly cooked to order to go with the generous buffet. The Hotel has a great location which offers easy access to all the main attractions. The real highlight for us was that it was pet friendly.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Waz A,

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the room with its spacious shower and Elemis toiletries. Our staff always go out of their way to accommodate guests needs so I'm glad to hear that they were helpful with your reservation.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, our breakfast team are an asset to the hotel and I will be passing on your positive comments to them.

We hope to see you again the next time you're visiting Bristol!

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel in a lovely square disguises what is a very average hotel. The room was tiny and in need of a good upgrade. Whilst the staff were friendly the bar was down in what felt like a cellar! The location though is fab.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ross H
Berkeley_Manager, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Ross H,

Thank you for your feedback. Our executive single rooms are designed for solo travellers and those looking for a more spacious room have the option to upgrade to a double room for an extra £20 on the day (subject to availability).

I'm glad to hear the staff were friendly during your stay and that you enjoyed the location, Clifton is an excellent part of Bristol to visit and I hope you managed to enjoy the sights while visiting.