Glanville Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsself servicean extra pillowstayed one nightyogurtwould stay againtown centrewater pressurenice breakfastsoy milkbreakfast roomconvenient locationbusiness tripon arrivalguesthousehairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2013

A welcoming place on a quiet Sunday evening. It might have been Amy and Greg's night off, but that didn't mean I was not looked after. The room was just right for my needs - clean, comfy and perfectly adequate. There was a good choice of help yourself breakfast items.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I wanted a clean, comfortable guest house and that was exactly what I received. I had a lovely chat with one of the owners when I arrived and they let us drop our bags off and collect keys in the morning.

The breakfast was, as advertised, a help yourself to toast, cereal, yogurt ect. with a good selection and plenty of juice, tea or coffee.

The only negative was that I had a room at the front of the house so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back.

Good location to explore Bristol and a nice walk into town along the river.

I will probably stay again next time I visit family in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed one night in the Glanville and were really pleased. Our room was a family room on the ground floor and it was spacious with an ensuite.The shower was good and the room was very clean. The bed was very comfy and the linen and towels were lovely.... liked the 'bounce back' pillows!!
The help yourself continental breakfast was appreciated with a choice of cerals and museli, croissants and bread, fruit and yoghurts. Little teapots were a nice touch as well as cafetieres for those that like to start the day with coffee.
All in all we appreciated that thought and effort had been put in to the whole set up. We will be back again no doubt when we need to come to Bristol.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suejenn
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed last minute at the Glanville and were very pleased with the accomodation, rooms were lovely and clean, also just a quick walk into the centre of Bristol - now made even shorter by the cut through by the Mshed on the river (handy with young ones). The owners Amy and Greg were very welcoming and helpful even telling us where we could take our 3 children after we had a fun day at the Balloon Festival - which is something not to miss! So all in all brilliant, and will most certainly be staying there again :o)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TanBradClan
Reviewed 10 June 2012

In 2012 I stayed twice (10 days in March, 5 days in May ) at the Glanville Guest House. Booked from Berlin I found a beautiful room, a fine continental breakfast and the very obliging landlords Amy and Greg. Situated at the Avon a nice view is guaranteed. The next time in Bristol I am going to stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business