“Very comfortable”

Glanville Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Glanville Guest House
Ranked #18 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've been staying here most of the time and compared to other GH in the area this place is excellent value for money. The positives for me personally are the clean bathroom and toilets, the beds are very comfortable and Amy uses duvets and not blankets (which to my surprise I found some other GH using locally and was like going back in time 30 years and not particularly clean or comfortable). The price is fair and about right for what's on offer and the area.The breakfast is sufficient and always enough to please everyone I should think. If you're desperate for Internet just ask Amy she'll try and help move you to a room with better signal as this can be a problem. Another positive is you are rarely stuck at the entrance waiting for the owner to check you in which again I have experienced recently. She is always very attentive in replying to texts, messages etc.. And very professional. I know she is busy but she has a very good professional approach to this side of her business. Her husband Greg is a nice fella too if you wee him about.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dorisday74, Owner at Glanville Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the guest house. We have since had another reuter installed at the guest house which has resolved the problems with the WiFi.

Kind regards
Amy

There are newer reviews for Glanville Guest House

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Definitely good value, great location and most importantly it was clean and comfortable. Would stay again! Y was a very friendly host who made it easy to arrive whenever we wanted.
They have guest houses near eachother so if ones full you can try the other one!

• Stayed: June 2014
dorisday74, Owner at Glanville Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really glad you had a good time and that you have recommended us as a good place to stay.

We get loads of lovely comments from guests, but they often don't get around to leaving a review.

Regards
Amy

Reviewed 20 May 2014

On arrival to this hotel, we were told we were not staying here but at it's sister hotel a few doors down. The river view.. The man who assisted us into getting into our room was very friendly trying to meet all our needs with getting us champagne glasses as it was my friends bday. The room was clean enough, although the beds were very small for a triple room and very hard. The room could have had two doubles and a single easily. The room had one tiny mirror for three girls so we did take one out of the bathroom and hallway to assist us in getting ready. The shower room was adequate and the toilet was just situated a small distance down the corridor. In the morning there was a call from one of the hotel owners amy. She was very brash saying I needed to pay up asap. I said I would not be too long, they she asked if I had the mirror, I said yes in which I would return the mirror on my departure, she was very aggressive and rude and barged into my room although I told her I was in my underwear and she got the mirror. She had no respect for my dignity. It was disgusting service. Overall the communication was really bad as you had to text her to book the room and if you had any requirements, I wouldn't stay here again and although £65 was good for three adults . Her just walking into my room the following morning was disgusting and not worth the money. She seemed very money hungry and not very client focused. Very very upset. Would not return...

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank CSxx
dorisday74, Owner at Glanville Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Thank you for taking the time to review our guest house. We welcome reviews and comments in order to see what we are doing well and where we can improve.

You took 2 enormous mirrors (one from the main hallway and one from the bathroom) off the walls and put them in your room without asking or informing us. This left the entrance hallway with 2 hooks stocking out and a bare wall which did not look very good. It also left the bathroom with no mirror for others to use when getting ready and a large bare wall with screws sticking out. My husband and I have recently bought the mirrors and spent quite a lot of money on them. We initially thought they had been stolen.
When I spoke to you you did not tell me you had the mirrors and I saw them in the room.
We do not have the security of a card machine and take payment on arrival because of this. We always tell people this when they book. On arrival, you said you wanted to pay on departure. I waited until check-out time had passed and had not heard from you to pay so I came to your room to get payment. You were still in bed and not ready to leave even though the check-out time is clearly set out on the signs in the room. It is quite untrue that all I care about is the money. However, we do have situations where people ask to pay on departure and take advantage of the situation and leave before paying. We try very hard to provide nice, friendly, clean, accommodation for a good price. I am sorry that you were upset, but I do feel that we had just cause to ask for payment and to be slightly annoyed that you had dismantled the furniture in the place.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Glanville Guest house last night.
For 37 pounds I had an ensuite with a double bed.
The room was very clean, and the bed was nice and comfortable.
There was Nestle Coffee available in the room and Tetley tea and biscuits.
A tv and a very handy desk for writing.
A good selection of interesting books available to guests.
I arrived late and the hosts were lovely and friendly. I was greeted warmly on arrival which was nice.
The hosts have an intercom which links to their mobile and any problems and their straight round.
They are friendly but leave you to your own space to do your own thing.
There was coffee and tea available at breakfast, yoghurt and a selection of bread cereals and spreads.
The guesthouse is non smoking but an ashtray is available outside the front.
I noticed it is being refurbished atm.
Overall, considering it is a short distance from the city centre, I found it good value for money and I would definately stay again. For what you pay its sufficient as a place to kip comfortably and a base for exploring Bristol.

• Stayed: April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review our guest house. We are very glad you had a good stay.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

stayed two nights..was in Bristol for a party, I had a single room, no on suite, but shower and toilet very close by.. I was charged £28 per night, I found the room very clean and tidy and had tea coffee and a tv... the b&b is well situated, just a 5min walk from the centre of Bristol. my overall experience of the place was excellent, and found it fantastic value for money....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Thank you for your review. It is good to know you had a good stay.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The Glanville is a quality no thrills guest house was clean and tidy... It had a comfy bed and was located only 5-10 min walk from city centre depending on how drunk you are...

Will definatly stay again next time in Bristol...

Good value for anyones money!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Fairbro85
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I was very happy to have our guest house as close to the city centre as it was possible for this price. The staff was really friendly, nearly the whole family always came at the end of the breakfast time and cleaned up the dining room. I wasn't dissapeared about the self-service breakfast because you had a good choice between cerials and bred.

• Stayed: September 2013