“Quick and delicious”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Description: listed e.g. in www.yelp.co.uk
Description: listed e.g. in www.yelp.co.uk
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Tasty food served very quickly, in the hustle and bustle of the market. Grab a table if you can - it gets busy. The mint tea is delicious, as is all of the food.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was in St. Nich's market and found myself a little peckish so decided to check out the outside food stalls to see what was on offer.

This place is a real authentic eatery, with Moroccan themed furniture and a secluded seating are as well as a handful of small tables outside.

The food looked and smelt great, I chose Moroccan chicken (thigh) and cous cous with a chickpea dal and lentil extras, washed down with Moroccan mint tea. £6 and plenty of food!!

Chicken was tender and no bone but full of flavour
Chickpea dal was delicious, a little kick to it
Lentil side was a nice change of texture
Mint tea - with sugar (as recommended) was refreshing after the meal

Overall lovely guys, friendly service and a quaint authentic venue. Food quality was good and portion size was more than enough.

Will def go back.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was a highly anticipated visit as we'd seen the Moroccan restaurant during a previous visit and as it's one of my favourite cuisines I couldn't wait to try it.

It's a small, authentic looking venue and the menu sounds delicious. We chose the meatballs with cous cous.

The food was served very quickly but it was tepid and tasteless. Very disappointing and not at all what I was expecting; a complete let down. I think the decoration of the eating area is the attraction here, or maybe people have different requirements from their eating experience. This was definitely nothing like the food i've eaten in Morocco, which I can say was one of the best cuisines i've ever tried.

One other point - we were sat next to the "kitchen" which i'm shocked to say was absolutely filthy. Trust me when I say that i'm not easily shocked having travelled extensively and eaten in some very dubious looking places over the years. I am surprised that Al Bab Mansour is allowed to operate with the hygiene laws in place in the UK.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

sure you can sit inside here but the food was run-of-the-mill and didn't stand out for me. Service was very friendly though.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Indoor market street cafe with a VERY big queue - always a good sign - Had a fresh haloumi wrap - the bread is made right in front of you - it's that fresh! Would I go back - Oh yes - give it a go!

1  Thank Simon_Givens