“Great hotel for location”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
St Mawes, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Did a 2 night weekend break with a girlfriend late July. Coming up from the (secure) NCP car park you come to a reception desk but this is just a welcome desk and reception is up on another floor! Check in quick and easy but a smile from the receptionist would have helped.....
Room excellent - bigger than expected. Beds were fantastic! On 5th floor. Bathroom fab. Everything very clean and welcoming. Shopping brilliant - Cabot Circus about 2 mins walk away. Good little restaurants and bars too - quite a cosmopolitan feel to it.
Didnt use the restaurant at all but came back late on Sat night and was able to have drinks (night porter) until 4am so that is pretty useful to know!
Some conference guests there along with the usual stag and hen parties. All in all pretty friendly hotel and would definitely go back - in fact already planning another trip at Christmas! Check prices on line as you can get them cheaper and then call the Holiday Inn Line.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank burrowsemma
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear burrowsemma,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Bristol in December.

Best regards

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

The staff (in particular David who was on duty) helped to locate some valuable items I had left in my room after checking out. This took coordinated effort as another guest had already checked into the room. Arrangements were made by the hotel for a colleague to return the items.
This typifies the type of service with a smile you receive at this hotel. I stay here fairly often and wouldn't consider anywhere else.
Other than that, the location is also so accessible, hotel decor new and the food is good. I really would recommend them

Room Tip: Join their loyalty club as you might get upgraded...
1 Thank Liezlh1903
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear Liezlh1903,

Please accept my thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us this week.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay and rated us so highly.

I was particularly happy to read your comments concerning our staff, We pride ourselves on delivering genuine and excellent service to our guests, it is encouraging to read that this was evident both during and after your stay.

I will ensure your kind words are shared with David and the entire team to serve as encouragement to them to continue to deliver outstanding service to our guests.

Many thanks and best wishes

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in July - This was a very good stay. The hotel is in a good location adjacent to a secure pay car car park. All hotel staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast was excellent. Bar prices were reasonable. The hotel room I stayed in was very good, large and had everything I needed. I would definitely stay again. The only issue I had is that reception staff would not credit my priority club card with points, not sure why, its not happened anywhere else before.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are stopping in Bristol for both business and leisure. The staff certainly do everything they can to make your stay pleasant. Top marks!

1 Thank FairGB
Dear FairGB,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

I am pleased to read your 'Excellent' review.

Some rates unfortunately are not eligible for Priority Club Points, these include all reservations made through third party websites and booking agents. To ensure your reservation is eligible for points, it is best to book with the hotel direct or to use the Holiday Inn Website.

If you would like to contact me direct at hotel, I will be pleased to verify your reservation details to see if points can be issued.

Thanks again for your review, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel to stay in if you want to be in the heart of Bristol. It's a short walk from the hippodrome and colston hall and very close to the night life though far enough away that noise isn't an issue.
The hotel is clean and basic but all you need. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2012
Dear noodle1490,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us at Bristol City Centre.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and were able to make use of our excellent central location.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best wishes

Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Work commitments have seen this become my preferred choice of hotel in Bristol over the last few months. You park in the adjacent NCP Car Park but can arrange to pay for this via your hotel bill.

Reception has always been efficient, bedrooms are clean and spacious, bathrooms have seperate rain showers, at least in the rooms I've stayed in. Wi-fi works very efficiently and the beds are comfortable.

Breakfasts are extensive and fresh; I arrive early as I work locally so do not see evidence of the tired food reported elsewhere.

In the evening, you can eat bar meals, fixed price two or three course evening meal before 7pm or enjoy a more expensive restaurant experience. I tried them all and believe they offer good value. Alternatively, the city centre is just across the road with the usual chain outlets and indepedent curry houses.

The gym is clean with modern equipment looking out over city cente traffic.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Jack-plane,

Many thanks for posting such a fantastic review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read we are your preferred hotel choice in Bristol.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I like the modern styling to this Holiday Inn. However as a Platinum Priority Club member I have been disappointed both times I stayed here because this is the first Holiday Inn in the world that doesnt give anything to the PC members, not even a free bottle of Water... At the airport you get a room upgrade, two Mars Bars and litre bottle of spring water!

1 Thank David M
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear David M,

I am pleased to read that you you liked our hotel.

I am sorry to read that you did not feel recognised as a Platinum Priority Club Member.
As I am sure you can appreciate, we are unable to provide a room upgrade for every member, however, I am keen to gather member feedback on how we can improve our welcome and recognition experience for Priority Club Guests. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me direct using the details below.

I hope to see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Tel: 0117 9245000
Email: fom@hibristolcity.co.uk
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of July. Or room was on the 7th floor, room 715. On face value the room was pleasant but upon closer inspection there was old coffee spill / splatter marks on the drawers of the desk and chips and scartches on the wood veneer to the desk, bedside tables and shelving. We also had two used glasses left on the window behind the curtain.
The bed was very comfy and good choice of pillows. We didn't have enough towels in the room but a quick call sorted this out and within 3 minutes we had clean towels delivered!
Breakfast: we went to breakfast late at around 0910 (breakfast was 0630-0930) this wasn't great as the cooked breakfast items had been there a little while, the black pudding was rather crunchy! Some if the items were replenished but the beans and eggs had seen better days. This was quite disappointing.
All in all this hotel is in a great location to go to the bars and restaurants in the city centre and river side and for the price we paid (this was a lastminute.com deal) it was ok but if I had paid the full Holiday Inn rate of over £89 I would have been disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear nursekaz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
I was very disappointed to read your review, I would like to apologise for the apparent shortfalls during your stay. Please be assured that this is not consistent with the normal service we provide to our guests.

I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay in more detail.

Tel: 0117 9245000