“Outstanding!”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My partner & I booked the Bristol City Centre Holiday Inn as a last min thing & you know what - it was perfect. The girls at the front desk were immaculately presented, greeted us with a smile (to be honest how often do you actually get that now-a-days?), were most efficient (car parking sorted, number of room keys e.t.c only took a matter of mins) & had great local knowledge. Late in the evening we asked for an HDMI cable, one was provided for a small refundable deposit. How great is that?!

The room was very spacious, gigantic bed, plenty of pillows. It was spotlessly clean. Very modern, plenty of gadgets & plug sockets. There was even an ice bucket for champagne in our room! The iron & ironing board were great (partner is Forces so if it was not up to scratch he'd complain!) did not have to request them, plenty of storage space for hanging clothes & putting bags out of sight. Oooh, loads of mirrors! A/C was very easy to use & most effective.

The bathroom was a good size with the shower being the best part of it! A big beautiful waterfall shower with endless hot water. I even had a little try of the shower gel provided - smelt lovely.

The gym was very cleanly laid out with enough equipment for a decent work out.

The location - very easy to find by car & if you walk across the road you are in Cabot Circus - perfect location.

The breakfast - delicious! All dietary requirements were catered for, all the food was piping hot with fresh food being brought out all the time. Each member of staff greeted us with a friendly "good morning" & checked that we had everything we wanted.

We throughly enjoyed our time at the Holiday Inn, the hotel itself is perfect, the location is perfect & the staff were absolutely fantastic. So good in fact, that it compelled me to write a review & let others know that this is the hotel for you!

P.S I didn't even notice that there were children about!

Room Tip: I can't remember what floor we were on but to be honest, the rooms are so lovely it doesn't...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Litt1eMissPerfect,

Thanks for such a great review following your recent stay with us in Bristol.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I have shared your review with all departments to serve as an encouragement to continue delivering an outstanding service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My mum and I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a night as we were visiting family for the weekend.
Although we were only there for a night, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay mainly due to the comfort and general 'feel' of the hotel room.
The main reception desk is on the 2nd floor which is a little odd but there was a member of staff at the entrance who showed us to the lift and indicated where to find reception. The gentleman on the reception desk was not very friendly with a slight attitude, almost rude really. However, the young gentleman serving behind the bar was very friendly and we liked the lunch we had upon arrival.
The room was wonderful, I think it was a superior suite. We had good facilities in the room with a choice of pillows and lovely soft bathrobes on the bed. The bathroom was great too although the bath was quite high and my mum struggled to get in and out of it to have a shower. The room was clean and had modern and chic decor.
The hotel was quiet even though we knew there were large groups of people, including a stag do where they were all dressed as Sherlock Homes which entertained my mum greatly when we were in the lift with them!
The Cabot Circus shopping mall is literally 3 minutes walk away with a number of shops and restaurants on your doorstep.
The hotel is easy to find and ideal for a short stay in Bristol. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear PeachesShire,

Thanks for your review following your recent stay. I am pleased to see your overall rating and am delighted you enjoyed your visit.

I have noted your comment concering the receptionist at check in, I can assure you this is not typical of our normal level of service and will be addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel was one of the best experiences I have ever had staying in a hotel. The room was excellent and very modern with everything you would have expected.
We found The breakfast to be very fresh and they had a chef present to cook fresh omelettes and pancakes.
I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear gazza58,

I am absolutely delighted to read that you rated your stay as one of your best hotel experiences. This truly is very encouraging for myself and our team.

Our pancake and omelette station is a popular choice for our guests and I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.

Thank you for posting such a great review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Had a few days in Bristol to fit around a concert at the O2 Academy (Keane were brilliant just btw) and stayed with family in a suite. Room was lovely and spacious. Huge TV on both sides of the wall that separated the main bedroom from the lounge are where the kiddies were in a sofa bed.

The bathroom had a huge walkin shower that impressed all of us, with the actual shower head about 2ft square! Some minor niggles with a few things that didnt work or needed attention (bedside ipod dock, bath overflow surround hanging off etc) but nothing major and we were too busy to notice!

Location is great - huge Debenhams just opposite and new Cabot Circus 2 minutes walk. There is a covered car park adjacent and despite the central location, nice and quiet. I would definately return.

Staff were lovely, we ate it one night and that was good too.

Room Tip: Suite for a family - excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear GuernseyGriswalds,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am pleased you were impressed by our suites.

Thanks for making us aware of the minor niggles - These have now been rectified by our maintenance team.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I would happily return to this hotel after staying for a night with my partner in August. The staff were friendly and helpful from the start (hats off to David at Reception who did everything with a smile). The room on the 7th floor (smoking) was clean and presentable. Breakfast was outstanding with the full English buffet very much worth the £15 (£10 if paid for at check-in or in advance). I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Terence H,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review.

I am very pleased to read your comments, especially the ones relating to our staff. Thank you also for naming David in particular.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed one nigh in a suite, and although I was in the smallest of the suites on that floor it was a good size and a very nice modern room. The bathroom had a TV, 2 sinks, and huge walk in shower and very nice tolietries, but was strange thate the room only had 1 bathrobe and no slippers, although when asked I was given. The room I was allocated was at the furthest end of the hotel and it is quite a long hotel, which was a total pain when I wanted to just nip out to get some ice from the machine, as it wa such a long way away I had to dress the kids and take them also!?! Maybe reception should bear these little things in mind when allocating rooms :-)

For the kids (or adults) there is a playstation3 and 2 TV's, although you need to leave a £50 deposit to rent each these games which I think is a tad steep especially as the games offered could be purchased across the road in Cex for £5.

The downsides for me was the housekeeping and the issue surrounding the internet. Upon arrival to the room, the shower floor as very wet, and still had bits of dirt and hair (yuck) , there were remenants of shampoo or toothpase (i did not get close enough to investigate) on the shower tile, the handle to riase the sink plug was dirty with what I assumed was toothpaste, the kettle AND the coffee machine still had water from previous guest, there was little bits of paper in one of the clothes drawers. I called down to reception and the lady came up to investigate and while i was out they rectified some of the issues, however there were some things I have mentioned that I discovered after the person who cleaned the room went, and could not be bothered to keep calling down.

Regarding internet, on the ICHG booking site it states that interent is complimentary for suite guests, one would expect this to mean it is complimentary throughout, when you look at the other room descriptions it simply states "stay connected via Wifi" at the hotel there is 30mins free internet for all guests regardless of level, and when I explained to reception about this I was told there was no comlimentary wifi for suites other than the 30minutes ALL guests are allowed, I explained that the wording is different on the booking site and if this was the same to all guests surely regardless of standard or suite it would simply say "stay connected via WiFi" Either way receptionist could not quite get what I was getting at and said she would get back to me...A week on I am still waiting. So if you book a suite and you are wanting the complimentary access, then it may be best to get this addressed before booking. I did not receive nor was offered a newpaper, despite being in the suite AND a priority member, however they did allow me to stay till 2pm and the ladies (and omlette chef) in the breakfast room were ever so helpful and allowed me to take food to my room (x3) as I came down 5 mins before closing, and didnt want to simply turn me away or make me rush.

Receptionist upon check out was a bit sour faced, but the receptionsit that checked me in (i think it was Jody, or Judy..something with a J) was lovely and smiley.

Overall I was pleased with my stay and would happily reccommend, and if back in Bristol, whould have no problems booking again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear hoxtonbabe,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay.

I am very sorry to learn of the problems encountered whilst you were with us.
Please accept my apologies for the apparent shortfall in service.

I would be very grateful if you could contact myself or my colleague Andrea direct at the hotel on the details below to discuss your review further.

Best wishes

Tel: 0117 9245000
Email: fom@hibristolcity.co.uk

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn chain that we stayed in Bristol. It was a 4 star and the service and hotel stood up to this start rating. The welcome we received from arrival to end was of a good standard, staff were very friendly and polite. Our room/decor and cleanliness were too a high standard. The decor could only be described as being up there with the Malmaison chain, I was surprised. If this is the look of all the holiday Inns then I shall definitely stay again. Dinner and Breakfast was amazing, good selection and choice of foods and beverages. Location is good as most of the shops are within a few mins walk from the hotel.

I would thoroughly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear sands071,

Thank you very much for such a positve review following you stay with us at Bristol City Centre.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such a great stay.

I hope you will consider staying again on your next trip to Bristol.

Best wishes