“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Truro, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in a suite. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children. We had a really lovely stay here. Car parking was easy, the location is brilliant (just across the road from the shops) and the hotel is really nice. The suite itself was amazing - absolutely huge and with a beautiful bathroom and PS3 for the children. Breakfast was lovely with freshly made pancakes and omelettes. Overall a really enjoyable stay and well worth the extra money for a suite. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks you so much for completing a great review. Our suites are very popular and I was happy to read that you found it amazing. I was also delighted to read that you made use of our pancake and omelette station, this again proves very popular amongst our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon

Gavin Ethridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed here previously and am thankful to say nothing has changed. The impressive rooms, free upgrade on arrival and the service are all still there.

I would definitely stay again and will be in December.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, if you are an IHG member you will probably get one.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LiverpoolSt
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your continued loyalty and patronage to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre. I was delighted to read you had a great return visit. Myself and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

First trip to Bristol and after the storms which made the flight down interesting to say the least. Check was efficient if impersonal and no acknowledgement of IHG platinum which is rare for a HI. Given a drinks token but was for gold but told to tell bar staff I was platinum as apparently that also gets you a snack, bar staff unaware of this, but not to worry. Room was very spacious and on site gym facilities were excellent.

The heating had gone down in that part of the hotel and was not fixed until next day, bit of to and throw that's not worth going into as the management response the next day after check out was courteous and appropriate. Things do go wrong, but you have to tip your hat to a front of house manager that take ownership of issues when they arise.

Very convenient for Bristol city centre, which was a lovely town.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review, I would like to take this chance to apologise personally for any heating issues you may have had during your stay. As you correctly mentioned our heating units did suffer a mechanical failure that couldn’t be fixed until the day after. Whilst I was disappointed in this I was thankful of your patience and understanding over this matter. Sadly from time to time things do break, most are in the hotels control however in this occasion we needed a specialist to attend site .I was however delighted to read that James took ownership and addressed your concern immediately, I will ensure your comments are passed onto him.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this hotel in the centre of Bristol. It's a great location in terms of shopping and travelling and my suite was one of the best hotel suites I've had the pleaure of staying in - complete with Playstation and Nespresso machine.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark D
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your continued support to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre. I was delighted to read that our standards have not lowered since your prior visit. All going well myself and the team look forward to seeing you again in the festive season.

Once again, thank you for your great comments

cambridge
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We (2 adults, 2 children) stayed two nights to visit family in the area. The first morning we went down for breakfast. No one had offered breakfast on check in. We were told breakfast was £14.95 each. Because my husband is often at HI he knew there is usually a cheaper deal available, so went to reception where he was able to buy vouchers for breakfast at £10 each. So my first point is, make sure you get the best deal for breakfast! Secondly, the breakfast was poor quality, my husband has visited this HI several times and commented the quality has dropped considerably. The coffee was from a machine which delivered many different drinks and tasted awful. We tried coffee, cappuccino and expresso all revolting. The croissants and pain au choc were small and tasteless, pastry not as a decent croissant should be. Juices were watery. Scrambled eggs a horrible grey colour and watery, my husband suggested they may even have been made with powdered egg. This is poor Holiday Inn, you are charging a premium price here, we expect a premium product. The second morning we went across the road to Starbucks and had a lovely breakfast for half the price. At £150 per night plus £14.95 per person for breakfast I expect an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and effort to complete an online review. Whilst I was happy to read your positive feedback regarding the staff and hotel, I was concerned to learn that our breakfast offering was not to your liking. Please accept my sincere apologies over this matter; I would however be very grateful if you could contact me directly via email or telephone gm@hibristolcity.co.uk , 0117 924500 so I can further understand our shortfalls. We have recently made a few tweaks to some of the items however all feedback is essential to help us improve further.

On a separate note, I’d like to thank you for your patronage to IHG and Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just wanted say a big thank you for a truly wonderful weekend stay. After a very stressful journey through the traffic to Bristol I was pleased to find the hotel very easily, and the helpful reception staff, in particular the warm welcome from Jan who was also able to help with her detailed local knowledge. I was due to meet friends at a club that I'd never been to and which turned out to be not far.
I look forward to staying again soon. Many thanks

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I can sympathise with you about the Bristol Traffic, luckily due to our location a lot of this is missed. I was pleased to note that Jan was her normal warm friendly self, she is one of our key team members and I will ensure this information is passed onto her.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gvain Ethridge
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked 2 twin bedded rooms for Grandparents and Grandchildren. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped. Our grandchildren enjoyed using the glass sided elevators. The location is excellent giving easy walking to Harbourside attractions, SS Great Britain, M Shed history museum and Aquarium. The Cabot Circus shopping centre was a great place to shop and eat. There is also the convenience of the NCP carpark right next door to the hotel which gives you unlimited access for a daily charge payable at the hotel reception. The staff in the hotel were extremely welcoming and helpful. Any small problems were dealt with immediately. We did not eat in the hotel so we can not comment on the food. We are very much looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms on Floor 5 were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I was so happy to read that our great location helped you to enjoy and see all Bristol had to offer. With so many historical sites and venues it truly is a great city.
Our scenic lifts prove very popular at the hotel and I believe it adds a little variation to the normal for blank walls.

From myself and the team we look forward to welcoming you again.