Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
US$158
US$125
Bristol Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$105
US$144
Travelocity
1,409 results
All reviewspriority clubcity centrebear pitcar parkcabot circusrain showersofa beddvd playerexecutive rooman upgraderoom was largegreat showerreception staffvery pleasant staysaturday nightlovely roomstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We went with a coach party last weekend. Everything was great apart from the fact that due to there being Christmas parties on for outsiders none of our coach party could get food in the restaurant. We waited 2 hours and I know of one couple in our party who waited for 3 hours! This is unacceptable! That said when our food arrived it was lovely. We had bar-meals and both were really nice. This spoilt an otherwise extremely pleasant stay. The duty manageress was lovely and very apologetic. Our rooms were great, large kingsize bed with lush pillows and very comfortable. Plenty of tea and coffee. Take your own shampoo as bottled soap and showerwash is all that is provided (unless requested?) excellent location, opposite a fabulous and huge Primark, Debenhams and Cabot Circus and a very nice Beefeater. Shame about the chaos over evening meal. Breakfast was excellent. The area by the toast and coffee is too squashed though and this beeds better organisation to avoid congestion. I would return but hopefully avoid Christmas party time!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Annwyn49
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to complete an online review. I was very happy to note your good positive comments surrounding the hotel. I was however concerned to learn of your experience during the evening. I can confirm the hotel did inform your coach company of that night’s event, I was disappointed they didn’t communicate this to you and I would like to apologise on their behalf.
As you rightly pointed out we did have a delay on our bar food, however having worked that night myself I was only aware of an hour delay, again please accept my apologies for any further delay, although I understand you spoke with Andrea who took care of all your needs.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Enjoyable overnight stay on a Friday. Fairly straightforward to find and adjoining NCP is handy.

The external appearance is not appealing and looks like it needs a good clean. The interior on the other hand looks like its had a quality refurbishment.

On the plus side the bedroom and bathroom were excellent !! Large double with a firm bed and well equipped clean bathroom. Couldn't fault it and slept well.

The one thing that let the whole stay down was the service on reception. On arrival we were ignored by one member of the team when all she needed to do was smile and direct us to a colleague. Unfortunately we had much the same experience when we checked out. Two other colleagues chatting with no acknowledgement and then we were served by the person who had ignored us the night before. No smile albeit there was some polite conversation before we left.

As a regular user of the Holiday Inn group over the past year the service experience is the key to making a difference and earning your hotel a great reputation and setting you apart from the rest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madaboutfooooood
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for completing an online review

Whilst I was happy to read all your positive comments, I, like you, believe the main difference between most hotels is the customer service and I was horrified to learn of your experience, please accept my personal apologies over this matter. I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly on 0117 924 5000 or email gm@hibristolcity.co.uk so I can establish further details of your stay and look to further enhance our service to customers as well as re train my staff members.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 5 December 2013

i stayed here last saturday with my daughter and grandaughter and we had two rooms which were very clean and lovely and warm. the staff were very helpful and polite and welcoming. the food was lovely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to leave an online review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I do hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

A group of us stayed at the Holiday Inn for a couple of weekend nights for a wedding - very well located for Bristol City centre and a comfortable and well run hotel. Secure parking close by was appreciated, although the £10 per night charge was somewhat excessive. The rooms on the 7th floor have balconies, which was an added bonus, particularly as the room temperature control seemed to go from cold to hot and the relief of fresh air was welcomed. The breakfast buffet was very good - although replacement of some items was slow or non-existent, particularly in the last hour of service. One minor gripe - the bar closed at a little after midnight on the Saturday night, just as we were returning from our festivities, seemingly at the whim of the bar steward - disappointing!

Room Tip: The rooms on the seventh floor have the benefit of a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review the hotel. Like you I was disappointed that the bar had allegedly been closed, I shall be looking into this situation as a matter of urgency. However I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
With respects to the adjacent NCP car park, the £10 is our hotel discounted rate, normally they charge £19 per overnight stay I hope this clears up any confusion.

Despite the above was happy to note all your positive feedback regarding the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the holiday inn in Bristol city centre for some Xmas shopping the location is perfect the staff were very helpful and pleasant the rooms were comfortable clean and well thought out walk in shower was excellent . parking is very secure an excellent weekend stay would stay there again any time

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read you had a great stay and that you took advantage of our perfect location and additional benefits. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation. From myself and the whole team we look forward to seeing you again soon.