“So good we went again...and it was still good.”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Southampton
“So good we went again...and it was still good.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I reviewed this hotel a little while back and it was all pretty positive. The last time we didn't pay for the stay as it was a prize but as we liked it we decided to go there for my birthday treat.
This time we stayed in an Executive Room which was big, clean and has a king size bed. All the bits worked as expected.
We had breakfast on the second morning and that was fine as well (two eat for £15 due to a special deal so the price was in the region it should be all year round!).
Staff were pleasant, we weren't disturbed by any noises and the air-con didn't try to noisily kill itself like the room at the Holiday Inn in Regent's Park last year.
P.S. One thing to note: I had a birthday package that I put in the safe on the night before my birthday. Part of the package involved chocolate (which I wasn't aware of). The safe is perfectly safe but it is also quite warm so don't put chocolate in there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grumbleweed4162
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest

Wow – what a great review, thank you so much. I was really happy to see you returned based on your prior experience. i was glad you were able to take advantage of one of our many food and beverage offers and will look into your feedback about having this all year round.
Both myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gavin Ethridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
talbot green
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and six other families booked this hotel for New Year's Eve and I must say we were all really impressed, great location with excellent parking facilities, rooms were lovely, New Year's Eve dinner was carvery - delicious! Disco afterwoods was very good, all in all a very enjoyable family New Year's Eve which I would defiantly recommend

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TalbotGreenWendy
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review and recommendation. I was delighted to learn of your recent experience. As you stated we tried to appeal, and make the event more family friendly this year and I was so happy to read we succeeded.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to leave a review

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Good location for Cabot Circus and shopping in Bristol. Friendly staff and the food is very nice.. The hotel is clean and tidy and the rooms a good size. But unfortunately the beds are very uncomfortable. The mattress is very hard and the pillows seem to be a lump of foam, very little sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michealjean
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing an online review. Whilst I was happy to read all your great comments regarding the hotel, I was disappointed to learn of your discomfort from our beds. Being a hotel our main focus is a great night’s sleep and I can only apologies the beds were not to your liking and that we didn’t achieve this. Our beds are just over two years old and regularly go through a replacement cycle. The pillows themselves were only changed a few months ago however I will look into the matter. As With all Holiday Inns we offer a pillow menu and these include all types from synthetic to feather as well as hard and soft pillow.

Once again thank you for leaving a review and I do hope you will use us again in the future

Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here twice now and once you find the car park, it is a super hotel. Staff were great and helpful. The room was excellent (pay extra for a suite - they are terrific) and the breakfast was lovely. The only downside was the last time I stayed there, the corridoor door banged shut against my wall and spoilt my sleep a bit. Looking forward to staying again sometime though.

Room Tip: High floor and shell out for a suite!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave an online review, but more importantly thank you for your patronage to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre. Whilst I was delighted to read your review and all your nice comments I was not aware of the corridor door banging issue, I will look into this matter urgently and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Myself and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Clean tidy rooms, well appointed, and spacious, not noisy considering town centre location. Breakfast was very good, big range of choices, continental, traditional English, toast, croissants, fresh fruit, fruit juice etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing such a great review. I will ensure all your positive feedback regarding our bedrooms are shared with the team, in addition id also like to thank you for your great comments about our breakfast offering

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you again.

South Wales
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We arrived for a one night stay on New Years Eve for a night out in Bristol. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. It had everything you needed for a 1 night stay and the location was ideal as it was right in the heart of Bristol. The service at reception was quick and efficient and a NCP car park is located right next door with reduced rates for those staying at the hotel.

Great value - would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I was delighted to learn of your positive experience following your recent stay. It has been mentioned a number of times before and I was glad our central location helped you enjoy Bristol. I was also happy to learn that you found the service quick and efficient.

Bristol, United Kingdom

Nice place. Nice room.

the only issue was that I had to go to the 2nd floor every time one of the participants arrived. I guess for security reason on the city centre people are only allowed to travel in the lifts up to the 2nd floor. But any where else requires a room pass/card.

Parking space: not free but I parked in a local street and walked 15 mins back to the the hotel.

I had a balcony room as there were other people for the meeting / training and this created space. Smoker was happy too. lol.

All in all: a good place.

Room Tip: Balcony room is nice. fresh air and you don't feel caged in as in normal rooms. Great idea.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review online and your nice comments about the room and hotel. As you mentioned in your review, our reception is on the second floor and due to security reasons non-residents cannot access any part of the hotel. Guest safety and security is non-negotiable within the hotel and something we take great pride in. Whilst I’m sorry this may have impacted your training session, I’m sure you can understand the reasons.

Once again, thanks you for your review and I hope you will consider us again in the future.