“Great location and a restful stay”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Great location and a restful stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Arrived at this well located city centre hotel to find car parking under the hotel so no worries on finding parking, check in, on floor 2 strangely was easy, staff pleasant, and rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of lifts to access all 7 floors. All you could want from a city centre hotel. Bar is a little small. Breakfast is very good.
All in all a nice well located hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Barry M
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Barry M

This is the stuff that makes our day because we love to make our guests feel at home.I shared your comments during our daily meeting and gave lots of praise to entire team.They were very appreciative and said to say, "hi". It would be great to have you back with us!

Take care and thank you!

Syed Zaidi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
St. Ouen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed here with my daughter on a Sunday night. The room was clean and spacious but the sofa bed was unuseable- far too flimsy and uncomfortable so we had to share the double bed.The bathroom was modern but lacked the basics you would expect for this standard of hotel, You had to place a request if you wanted a flannel! We went to see Union J who were fantastic and I was looking forward to getting back to the hotel before 11pm for a glass of wine and a Mum and daughter chat, I asked at reception but was told that the bar was closed,Never mind, I thought, I'll get a drink in the room instead.The mini bar was empty. It seems you had to ask if you wanted anything to go in it. Not quite what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre.I just felt that with a little extra effort, this hotel could have been fantastic. The location is great for shopping and restaurants but we wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear audreyjohn

Thank you very much for posting your review.I would take this oppurtunity to apologise for the issues you had with sofa bed and bar service, I can assure you that this will be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Many Thanks

Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Spent a couple of nights with our two children at this hotel at the recommendation of a Friend.

Really enjoyed the hotel - we had a suite on the 6th floor. It was very spacious, comfortable (for us) and the kids loved having the play station and the TV in the bathroom. The room was a little tired in terms of decor, but was pleasant and very quiet. The furit bowl was a nice touch.

Our bed was good, however the sofa bed for two teenage children was totally inadequate (and indeed uncomfortable for one), however housekeeping provided bedding to make up an extra bed on cushions from the sofa. it seems odd in a family room to not have comfortable beds for 2 children - travelodge and Premier Inn manage it).

I didn't have the breakfast though the others did and really enjoyed it (it was £15 for 2 people at the time). I used the gym, which was adequate and quiet.

The location is great - shops & restaurants on your door step and a 15 minute walk to the docks.

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thethistles_1
Hi Julie K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, it was fantastic to read that we were 'just what you needed' and I am really pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I will certainly look into the problem you have mentioned about sofa bed to prevent any repetition. As with all reviews I will be sure to share your comments with the team and once again many thanks for your feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks and takecare,

Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

After a recent short stay in a supposedly 5 star hotel in Rome where the room was stuffy and hot, the design was inpractical and uncomfortable, not enough storage space and too much noise from the nearby railway station, the holiday inn in Bristol city centre was bliss! Everything is designed thoughtfully and comfort is a priority. The room was modern, clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was large and very comfortable and the TV was also large and set into a unit which also had the connectors for internet and british and continental power points. The shower was wonderful! A lovely overnight stay - wish it could have been a longer one. Will be back.

Hi Julie K

Thank you for your excellent 5 star review. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that the team looked after you so well. I am indeed very proud of them and really appreciate your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.Many Thanks

Kind Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed two nights for New Year "Gala Dinner". Excellent hotel, staff, dinner and breakfast.
Only one complaint, the choice of music for the disco. My wife and I are in our early 60's, but even we would have appreciated something a little more modern.
Other than that a totally lovely place close to shops and waterfront bars and restaurants, change the d.j. And we'll see you next year.

Room Tip: If you Like something to look at when you look out of your room window, ask for a room on the front
1 Thank gillgezash
Dear gillgezash,

Thanks for your review about our hotel and I'm really pleased we exceeded your expectations. The team are great and go out of their way to ensure everybody has a really great service experience.

Sorry to hear that the DJ did not play latest music, your feedback is taken on board and will be discussed with relevant parties,hopefully the next time you come back your review will be giving us 100%.

Thank you again for your review it really is very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed in the hotel for a stag weekend, and the staff were understanding, patient and helpful.

Great location, great breakfast and rooms were comfortable and quiet. The city centre can get a little hectic on a friday and saturday night, so might not be the best place for families with young kids. Hotel itself is safe and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikeJtv
Dear MikeJtv,

Thank you for your kind comments, much appreciated!. We always put the guests at the heart of everything we do, I have shared your fantastic feedback with the team.They were very appreciative and said to say "hi".

It would be great to have you back with us!

Takecare and thank you!

Southampton
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I reviewed this hotel a little while back and it was all pretty positive. The last time we didn't pay for the stay as it was a prize but as we liked it we decided to go there for my birthday treat.
This time we stayed in an Executive Room which was big, clean and has a king size bed. All the bits worked as expected.
We had breakfast on the second morning and that was fine as well (two eat for £15 due to a special deal so the price was in the region it should be all year round!).
Staff were pleasant, we weren't disturbed by any noises and the air-con didn't try to noisily kill itself like the room at the Holiday Inn in Regent's Park last year.
P.S. One thing to note: I had a birthday package that I put in the safe on the night before my birthday. Part of the package involved chocolate (which I wasn't aware of). The safe is perfectly safe but it is also quite warm so don't put chocolate in there!

1 Thank Grumbleweed4162
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest

Wow – what a great review, thank you so much. I was really happy to see you returned based on your prior experience. i was glad you were able to take advantage of one of our many food and beverage offers and will look into your feedback about having this all year round.
Both myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards