“Short but pleasant stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
“Short but pleasant stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here in November 2013 for one night as he'd taken me on a birthday surprise and I have to say - he made a great choice in accommodation.

The parking wasn't a problem as it was located directly underneath the hotel. The parking charges were quite high but if we purchased the breakfast it was discounted to half price, which is what we did.

The room was great, very spacious and tidy with a lovely view of the city. The hotel staff were very friendly and we appreciated that they took time to let us know of any local restaurants and shops.

I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hi emmashamaya

Thank you for posting a review, I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be great.
As with all reviews I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Once again many thanks for the review and I trust we will be seeing you again very soon.

Takecare and thank you,

Syed Zaidi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here for a night in January 2014 and got a good deal as it was in the post-Christmas lull. It would have been a great deal if we had booked it on the day - even cheaper. Hotel was virtually empty. Strange reception as you have to go through a security entrance from the street or underground car park and up to the second floor. Decor was dull. Room had usual facilities plus a wider than average shower area. Found someone's dirty sock lying around. Liked the alarm radio with iPod charger. Have stayed in better hotels and worse for similar prices.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hi Dave S

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review.

Please accept my sincere apology for the poor experience you encountered, your comments regarding cleanliness have been investigated and can assure you that necessary actions have been taken from stop it from happening again.

I am delighted that you enjoyed facilities provided in the rooms, for other readers benefit we offer discounted rates if you book in advance so please check our website for best offers and discounts.

Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you and takecare!

Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

In the middle of Bristol city centre - excellent location. Very close to bus stops and the main bus station. A short bus ride from Bristol Temple Meads station - if like us you travel by train.
The hotel rooms are nice and spacious - large TV, we had a bath with shower over, bed quite hard but comfortable - I asked for a duvet to lay on top of - no problem. My husband said the bed was alright - I have medical problems. There was a desk/vanity top with a swivel office type chair, which was comfortable, BUT as in other hotels I would have preferred a couple of small armchairs to sit on whilst watching TV. We go out during the day but tend to stay in our room during the evening, unless seeing a show. We would also have liked drawers in our room - only very small ones by our bed (one each) - we stayed for four nights. This hotel is opposite Debenhams and Broadmead shopping area, and just up the road to Cabot Circus - ideal for shopaholics!!!!
Hamda on reception was a very nice girl, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room was front facing but did not hear traffic hardly - apart from sirens.
1 Thank Wellie4Somerset
Hi Wellie4Somerset,

Thank you for posting a fantastic review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay for our guests and it is always a boost to us when this is recognised. I will certainly pass on your feedback to Hamda with regards to excellent service.

We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so i have taken your feedback on board regarding room furniture and can assure you that it will be reviewed by the management team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Takecare and thank you!

Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Arrived at this well located city centre hotel to find car parking under the hotel so no worries on finding parking, check in, on floor 2 strangely was easy, staff pleasant, and rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of lifts to access all 7 floors. All you could want from a city centre hotel. Bar is a little small. Breakfast is very good.
All in all a nice well located hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Barry M
Dear Barry M

This is the stuff that makes our day because we love to make our guests feel at home.I shared your comments during our daily meeting and gave lots of praise to entire team.They were very appreciative and said to say, "hi". It would be great to have you back with us!

Take care and thank you!

St. Ouen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed here with my daughter on a Sunday night. The room was clean and spacious but the sofa bed was unuseable- far too flimsy and uncomfortable so we had to share the double bed.The bathroom was modern but lacked the basics you would expect for this standard of hotel, You had to place a request if you wanted a flannel! We went to see Union J who were fantastic and I was looking forward to getting back to the hotel before 11pm for a glass of wine and a Mum and daughter chat, I asked at reception but was told that the bar was closed,Never mind, I thought, I'll get a drink in the room instead.The mini bar was empty. It seems you had to ask if you wanted anything to go in it. Not quite what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre.I just felt that with a little extra effort, this hotel could have been fantastic. The location is great for shopping and restaurants but we wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear audreyjohn

Thank you very much for posting your review.I would take this oppurtunity to apologise for the issues you had with sofa bed and bar service, I can assure you that this will be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

Many Thanks

Orpington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Spent a couple of nights with our two children at this hotel at the recommendation of a Friend.

Really enjoyed the hotel - we had a suite on the 6th floor. It was very spacious, comfortable (for us) and the kids loved having the play station and the TV in the bathroom. The room was a little tired in terms of decor, but was pleasant and very quiet. The furit bowl was a nice touch.

Our bed was good, however the sofa bed for two teenage children was totally inadequate (and indeed uncomfortable for one), however housekeeping provided bedding to make up an extra bed on cushions from the sofa. it seems odd in a family room to not have comfortable beds for 2 children - travelodge and Premier Inn manage it).

I didn't have the breakfast though the others did and really enjoyed it (it was £15 for 2 people at the time). I used the gym, which was adequate and quiet.

The location is great - shops & restaurants on your door step and a 15 minute walk to the docks.

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thethistles_1
Hi Julie K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, it was fantastic to read that we were 'just what you needed' and I am really pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I will certainly look into the problem you have mentioned about sofa bed to prevent any repetition. As with all reviews I will be sure to share your comments with the team and once again many thanks for your feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks and takecare,

Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

After a recent short stay in a supposedly 5 star hotel in Rome where the room was stuffy and hot, the design was inpractical and uncomfortable, not enough storage space and too much noise from the nearby railway station, the holiday inn in Bristol city centre was bliss! Everything is designed thoughtfully and comfort is a priority. The room was modern, clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was large and very comfortable and the TV was also large and set into a unit which also had the connectors for internet and british and continental power points. The shower was wonderful! A lovely overnight stay - wish it could have been a longer one. Will be back.

Hi Julie K

Thank you for your excellent 5 star review. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that the team looked after you so well. I am indeed very proud of them and really appreciate your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.Many Thanks

Kind Regards