“Great staff”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Mold, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The rooms are really good and the dining room is very nice with a good menu choice.
The staff are excellent - very helpful without exception.
Conference support spot on too.
Of course with a city centre location you do get night time traffic noise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hi BillB
What a great review!

We are always grateful to receive feedback, and comments like ‘The staff are excellent - very helpful without exception’ are greatly appreciated. I have shared your comments back with the whole team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for such an amazing wedding! It was a lovely lovely day and everything went perfectly.

First we would like to thank your lovely staff, they were so helpful and assisted every need that we had. They were prompt, polite and very efficient.

The food was absoultely amazing and everyone said how lovely it tasted, the presentation was beautiful and it came lovely and hot! Very very tasty! Im very sure that people will want to come back for food again! Definately recommendations to your chef! It was outstanding.

The room looked perfect and a special thanks to Tiago for helping us the night before, going through the days itinery and making sure everything was perfect for us! There's no doubt your staff work tirelessly to make everything perfect! So special thanks to Tiago and Tom and the many other staff who served us.

A special thank you to the DJ who played all the music we asked for and got the party going! We will definately be recomending him to others! So please give thanks to him on behalf of us.

And the room was amazing! So clean, and beautifully decorated! It was complete luxury and we couldnt have asked for a more beautiful room to relax in after our special day!

The day went so smoothly and without fault! And it was the best day of our lives!

And finally a massive thanks and recommendation to Marine, our wedding events coordinator at the Holiday Inn! She helped us along the whole journey and made the day so special for us! We cant express to her how much we thank her for all her help and kindess! She is truely a lovely and remarkable lady and we thank you so much!

Best wishes to you all and thank you so much for the amazing day and making the day not only special for us, but also to our family and friends!

All our love and gratefulness,
Mr and Mrs Lukman!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi MRS Lukman!!!

We are truly humbled by your glowing review & I am so proud of the team for making your special day the success it was.

I have passes on your comments to all the staff involved in the event, Including Tiago, Marine, Tom and Kevin our chef. They like me were blown away by your kind words.

All the team at the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre would like to extend our congratulations to the happy couple, and wish you both a happy future together.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, lovely rooms, fantastic location, can't fault it really although it's pretty expensive in the bar. I would definitely recommend it for a stay in a beautiful city! St nicks market is a must for anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hi John C
What a great review!
“Great hotel, friendly staff, lovely rooms, fantastic location, can't fault it really” These are the words we love to hear as a team!
I have shared your comments with the whole team, as we really appreciate feedback.
I really hope to welcome you back to Bristol in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We would like to thank ALL staff for making our son's wedding such a spectacular success.

Service, food, ambiance, love and care were all evident. Everything we asked for was accomplished with smooth efficiency on the day. Everyone, without exception, complimented the reception & evening buffet. Food was well cooked, plenty of everything, served on hot plates, and obviously prepared well – even down to the freshly baked, hot crusty bread rolls served with room temperature butter (I hate being given frozen pats of butter which takes an age to thaw out properly before you can spread it)!

Yes, we had a few hiccups getting everything sorted but who doesn’t when trying to arrange a wedding? – communication (from all sides) is essential to make sure any plan succeeds. The actual day was everything parents could wish for and you certainly pulled out all the stops!

Thank you once again – your Wedding Packages are proof that weddings don’t need to bankrupt parents!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Dcticker

What a fantastic review, this is what make us love our Job and I’m so proud of the team for making your son’s wedding such a memorable day

I have passed your comments and thanked them personally for all their hard work to make the day a success and memorable.

We would also like to extent our congratulations to the happy couple from all of the team here at the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I first stayed here in November 2012, then in the spring of last year and I'm staying again at the end of this month.

The hotel is clean and well kept, which is always a plus when looking for somewhere to stay. Beds are big and comfortable, as are the rooms. The showers are fantastic, as is the bath.

Reception staff were great on both occasions, even checking to see if my room was ready when I tried to check in an hour too early on my second stay. They were also quick to change my room when I pointed out the room I had been allocated was not the room I booked.

I have had drinks in the bar on both stays, the bar staff always friendly and chatty. It's a great area to sit and just watch Bristol go by through the huge glass front of the hotel.

I've not eaten here though, always choosing to go across to Cabot Circus and visiting the many restaurants they have there. For my next visit I decided that I would stay and eat at the hotel, even if it was only breakfast. When booking on the IHG website I didn't have to option to include breakfast with my reservation (it doesn't seem to be available when booking on a 21 day advance tariff), but after going on to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre's own website I found a special offer for breakfast. Two adults can enjoy breakfast for just £15 instead of around £13pp. Bargain I thought, so contacted the hotel to see if I need to book in advance only to be told that there was no such offer available and that breakfast, if bought in advance was £10pp. Doesn't seem like such a good start to my next break here!

Room Tip: If you can, always choose a room type to the front of the hotel. It may cost you a little more but t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Whatsagoodname

Really glad that you’ve enjoyed your stays with us, and have chosen to come back. I’ve shared your feedback with the team, as we love to receive it.
Lots of our guests enjoy sitting watching the world go by of an evening with the views of Bristol, as well as taking our scenic lifts to get a view across the whole city.
I’m sorry that we have different information on the website. I am looking at getting this rectified as a matter of urgency.
When you arrive please ask for me so I can thank you in person.
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I havent stayed in here for over a year with my company having tended to book me into the Mercure Holland House, but I was back in March and again found the hotel to be fantastic and a lot better than Mercure (which wasnt too bad itself)

The rooms are what you would expect from a brand higher up than Holiday Inn, massive bed, very comfortable, big tv, wonderful bathroom (some with bath, some just walk in shower) soft towels instead of sandpaper towels, great area to work in also.

The standard has not dropped at all since my previous stay in 2012 which has to be commended, same applies to the staff who were very helpful

Anyone considering this hotel please dont think its a standard holiday inn as its way above that standard.

Only negative is that the room rates are a bit more expensive than other hotels in Bristol

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi Jason M
What a great review! I’m really glad that you have come back to us and that you said “The standard has not dropped at all since my previous stay in 2012”
I’ve shared your review with the team, and like me they were excited with your kind words.
I really look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Just a one night stay. Excellent. Top floor smoking room with balcony, large well-equipped room, modern and nicely decorated. Very good breakfast. Great bar, not expensive. Room rates not cheap though, but you get what you pay for! Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hi CottonZ
What a great review. I’m really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I always pass on the comments to the team as they love to hear the feedback.
We pride ourselves on our rooms and service, and love that you found them excellent. I really look forward to welcoming you back very soon.