“Great location for Bristol central”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Modern and clean hotel. Car park below so great if you are travelling by car. Comfortable modern rooms.

Staff are very pleasant and helpful.

This is the top end of Holiday Inns. Not 5 star as the reception did not operate efficiently. Possibly understaffed so their was long queues to check in and out. Also no upgrades for platinum card holders.

Would be great for family weekends where you want to be in Bristol central.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Hi Dave H

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stays with us & found the team pleasant & helpful. I’ve shared your feedback with the team, as we really appreciate it.

I apologise for the delays you experienced at reception and assure you I am looking into this.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me so we can discuss this further. My Email address is Deputy@hibristolcity.co.uk or alternatively 01179 245000.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

There was some delay in getting to our rooms - unavoidably since many of the hotel's previous night's guests had overstayed their welcome - and rooms. The manager, Bart, and his assistant Etienne were very responsive to our discomfort since we had to be out early for an evening's entertainment elsewhere. They were two of a team that made our stay really enjoyable. I need to mention the attentiveness of Art behind the bar, Karolina on the waitressing duties and on the second morning, the pleasant manner of Veronica at check-out. Faultless, every one of them. The room was immaculate and supremely comfortable, and the food was excellent. All in all, a first-class stay. Thank you Holiday Inn. I hope these employees of yours get the rewards they deserve.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi John P

WOW, What a fantastic review!
We really appreciate it when guests take the time to send such a glowing review, as well as complimenting members of the team.

I have passed your comments on to Art, Bart, Etienne, Karolina, Veronica as well as the rest of the team. We love to hear these kinds of reviews.

Please rest assured that the team members will receive the rewards and recognition they deserve.

I personally hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon, and please make a point of asking for myself when you do so I can thank you in person.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

It is easy to provide good service when everything goes well but that service turns to excellent when problems are sorted out well.
My first room had a smelly drain in the shower and, as soon as the receptionist was told about this, he insisted on me taking the key to an upgraded room at no extra charge.
An excellent base for the next day's conference in the hotel.

1  Thank FriskyG

Hi FriskyG

It’s great to see that even though things didn’t go as they should, we made your stay an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments with the whole team at our morning meeting.

I Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon, whether it be for a conference of pleasure.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Typical soulless building but has all you need 1) location perfect 2) great staff 3) decent gym 4) great parking although expensive.

Worth a stay at 75 a night and staff excellent. Choice of beers and food awful and lazy. Shows no respect to local produce or interesting drinks. Food so bad and cold that you think you are in Russia.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi anonmattyt

It was good to read your review. I’m glad that you found the staff great and the location perfect.

I’m really concerned to read your comments in regards to the food and drink, and would appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discuss. My phone number is 01179 245000 or email Deputy@hibristolcity.co.uk.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a Saturday night at the end of march and was impressed by the cleanliness and style of the room. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the whole hotel was well run and we'll laid out. I highly recommend this hotel and will stop there again without a doubt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Supertrout

It’s great to hear that we impressed you during your stay. We love to receive feedback and I have shared your comments with the whole team.

I really look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The rooms are really good and the dining room is very nice with a good menu choice.
The staff are excellent - very helpful without exception.
Conference support spot on too.
Of course with a city centre location you do get night time traffic noise.

Hi BillB
What a great review!

We are always grateful to receive feedback, and comments like ‘The staff are excellent - very helpful without exception’ are greatly appreciated. I have shared your comments back with the whole team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for such an amazing wedding! It was a lovely lovely day and everything went perfectly.

First we would like to thank your lovely staff, they were so helpful and assisted every need that we had. They were prompt, polite and very efficient.

The food was absoultely amazing and everyone said how lovely it tasted, the presentation was beautiful and it came lovely and hot! Very very tasty! Im very sure that people will want to come back for food again! Definately recommendations to your chef! It was outstanding.

The room looked perfect and a special thanks to Tiago for helping us the night before, going through the days itinery and making sure everything was perfect for us! There's no doubt your staff work tirelessly to make everything perfect! So special thanks to Tiago and Tom and the many other staff who served us.

A special thank you to the DJ who played all the music we asked for and got the party going! We will definately be recomending him to others! So please give thanks to him on behalf of us.

And the room was amazing! So clean, and beautifully decorated! It was complete luxury and we couldnt have asked for a more beautiful room to relax in after our special day!

The day went so smoothly and without fault! And it was the best day of our lives!

And finally a massive thanks and recommendation to Marine, our wedding events coordinator at the Holiday Inn! She helped us along the whole journey and made the day so special for us! We cant express to her how much we thank her for all her help and kindess! She is truely a lovely and remarkable lady and we thank you so much!

Best wishes to you all and thank you so much for the amazing day and making the day not only special for us, but also to our family and friends!

All our love and gratefulness,
Mr and Mrs Lukman!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi MRS Lukman!!!

We are truly humbled by your glowing review & I am so proud of the team for making your special day the success it was.

I have passes on your comments to all the staff involved in the event, Including Tiago, Marine, Tom and Kevin our chef. They like me were blown away by your kind words.

All the team at the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre would like to extend our congratulations to the happy couple, and wish you both a happy future together.