“Excellent rooms, service needs improvement.”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Singapore
“Excellent rooms, service needs improvement.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were given a standard of Holiday inn rooms. Nothing to complain about because its clean, sleek and gives us the comfort of an awesome nights sleep.

I thought the breakfast was little crappy though, that needs to be worked on. Service crew at the reception is not friendly.

Location wise, its excellent. Right opposite you get a 4 storey building Primark that opens at 8 am on some days. So shopping is great !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Singapoorean,

What a disappointment for us that we were unable to make it a memorable experience for you. There was obvious lack of consistency at breakfast,We are really sorry for the inconvenience and can assure you that we have dealt with all the issues highlighted in your review. Thank you for nice comments regarding comfort, cleanliness and location.

To conclude, I believe it would be lovely to have you back so that you can experience our lovely rooms again. We shall all look forward to that.

Syed Zaidi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business. Less than ten mins walk from Broad Quay bars and nightlife. Close to shops and motorway, ideal location. Great hotel, clean, good staff and great food and rooms. Easy parking even though you have to pay it's not a big issue at all. Will stay again thanks a lot!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Rusty66Cheshire,

Wow! this is how we want all our guests to feel, thank you for your nice comments, i have shared your feedback with the team during our morning meeting and thanked them individually for their efforts and commitment for doing a great job.

So when are you coming back to stay with us? We are waiting!

Takecare and thank you,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Originally booked Suite for 2 night and then called to add on a night, offered a Superior room for extra night and then a move to original room for booked stay! Perfect! Not a bad size for Superior room, all standard amenities provided and very clean. Friendly efficient helpful quick check in. Did not spend much time in room and slept ok as very quiet for city hotel. Did find pillows like bricks but I do take my own due to neck problems. Only one minor feedback and that is hairdryer without a nozzle, sited and affixed to wall by mirror over suitcase storage shelf and no means of sitting to do hair and also had to hold down button to operate dryer, you try doing that first thing in morning and angle dryer all standing up!

Second two nights in a Suite - perfect room and worth booking if you can manage, light, bright airy and spacious with upgraded amenities and if you are that way inclined you can watch tv in the bath!

This Hotel wins my vote because all of the members of staff are brilliant, they smile whilst being professional, friendly, helpful and go the extra mile. Hamda on reception is a true star and is willing to turn her hand to anything to help - thank you to her and all the staff! There is a great restaurant on site called The Spot which I shall review separately, but there is one of the best Buffet Breakfasts on offer that I have seen! If you see something that is looking past it best the chefs respond immediately and refill or bring fresh!

What more can I say - a good city centre hotel with more than the normal offerings to please!

Room Tip: Suite every time if you can manage!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi MortyJen,

Thank you for posting a review, I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be Great.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you encountered in the room especially hair dryer, had you informed us we would have arranged a member of maintenance team to come and fix it for you.

As with all reviews I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.I trust we will be seeing you again very soon.

Takecare and thank you,

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Made a decision to stay here rather than drive 100 miles home and then back next day. Good food and helpful staff. Slept like a log and second day in Bristol was great.
Right in the centre of this magnificent city, just a short distance from docks, spot on!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Don V
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hi Don V

I’m very glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Lots of our guests love our location so close to Cabot Circus & the rest of the city.

It’s great to see you enjoyed your meal in the newly re-branded Spot Kitchen & Bar.
I have shared your comments with the whole team, as we really appreciate your feedback.
We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Heard really good things about the restaurant in this hotel from family who recently stayed here when attending a wedding in the area so being local thought we would try it out, first impressions the hotel is really trendy, immaculately clean and obviously very well looked after. The receptionist was really friendly as she pointed us in the direction of the restaurant and told us it was a great time to come as they recently had a new menu and she wasn't wrong! There is a huge menu to choose from and the food and service was excellent. I had a burger which was very tasty and great value for money, and my partner had a steak which was cooked to perfection! We both had cheesecake for dessert which we were told was homemade and was probably the nicest we've ever had. Serving staff were very attentive and friendly making for a lovely evening all in all. Will definitely be returning and recommending to others!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hunt0000
Hi Hunt0000

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having made a last minute booking I wasn't expecting a great room at a great hotel but felt the Holiday Inn would give a good standard for a 1 night stay in the centre of Bristol. I was suprised as the food in the restaurant was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was standard as I expected but I was disappointed to have to ask for extra towels, but the Manager saw us straight away and quickly had extra towels sent to our room ready for when we got back from our night out. I would happily recommend and will be returning - many thanks to all the staff, including the very tall Manager who's name I cant recall!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie L
Hi Ellie L

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been working in Bristol for the past 6months and if I can stay here... I will. The rooms are clean, the location is perfect for pretty much everywhere you need, the staff are friendly, the menu was pretty bad 2 months ago but it has improved so much! The food is quick and never at fault. The bar is open late enough and the gyms opening times are great too... Yes, there is a gym too.

Basically, if the prices are decent then I highly suggest you stay here. I've stayed for £90 a night before which is not far from a Premier Inn price. This is 50x better. I will be staying again soon hopefully...
...
Thanks HIBCC ... Ginger Dave :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DaveDeb_12
Hi Ginger Dave
It’s great to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us and love the newly re-branded Spot Kitchen & Bar.
When you come back, please ask for me at reception so I can thank you personally.