“Ideal Location”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Devon, United Kingdom
“Ideal Location”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The perfect location for Cabot Circus, or visiting local attractions. We were going to the balloon festival so ideal by using the shuttle bus. Check in was perhaps a little slow as there were several people in front of us. We were supposedly given a upgraded room wise but actually overlooked a building site, but it didn't cause us any problems and we were not there to be looking at the view as had a lot of things to see in the city. Maybe perhaps a little expensive compared to a premier Inn. Staff very friendly especially the breakfast staff. Check out was quick and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SE A
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hi S EA
It’s great to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I have shared your comments with the whole team, as we really appreciate your feedback.
We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Friendly staff and reception and it’s easy to park your car. The service and the room were very good.
It's a child friendly place, clean and has free Wi-Fi, TV and even continental power sockets.
The main advantage is that it's in the city centre, so everything that Bristol has on offer is within walking distance. And the view of our room was fantastic.
The only thing that was a bit strange is that staff didn't ask if we enjoyed the stay when we checked out.

Hi Mike E

I’m really glad you found the hotel conveniently located for yourself and that you found the team helpful.

I really hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
Thank you and take care.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked an Executive room because it was my son's 21st Birthday. The booking promised a spacious top class room with Whirlpool Spa bath. More than I would normally spend being a single Mum of 2 kids, but wanted to really treat my son who is at Uni in Bristol. When we arrived in the room, a bath handle was on the side of the bath with broken bits of fixings and a mobile phone. I took the mobile phone to reception and they sent the Head maintenance guy to finish off the job. Have to say that the Head maintenance guy is a really 'Top Bloke'. After going out for a celebratory dinner, got back to the room and tried to access '24 HR Internet' - no luck. When I phoned reception they said quite casually that the internet was broken. Really annoying because I had 2 urgent e-mails to send but didn't want to make a fuss. (Centre of Bristol? No Internet??? Whaaaaat!) Okay so decided to run a WHIRLPOOL bath to de-stress. Run the bath my 7 year old daughter gets in and all of a sudden the Whirlpool jumps into action and 2 minutes later we see clouds of black soot being whirled round the bath. My daughter screams, I get her out and have to wait until it empties before I can shower her down. Terrible nights sleep because room temperature control is so complicated you need a degree to work it. Windows don't open so we had an uncomfortable sweaty night. Go down for breakfast only to be told that the super saver expensive executive room deal doesn't include breakfast. Hang on ...all over the website it shouts out "Don't forget free breakfast for everyone". I go to reception to voice my disappointment and the on duty manager very helpfully says she will waiver the fee of our bar bill from the evening before and also the £10.00 parking. Very thoughtful and she was most apologetic....however if I had spent a quarter of the price and gone to a Travelodge, I would have had better facilities and most certainly WiFi. The manager also mentioned that if I stayed again they would do me a special deal. It was my son's 21st Birthday something that I can never repeat....I was so disappointed that it really didn't live up to his or my expectations. I will not be returning.

2 Thank redphoenix64
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi redphoenix64
I’m truly sorry that your experience was not a positive one, and I can only apologize. I assure you I am looking into this incident as a matter of urgency. This type of comment is very unusual for the hotel as you can see from our previous reviews. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss your comments further. The hotel telephone number is 01179 245000 and my direct email address is Deputy@hibristolcity.co.uk
Thank you and take care.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this for a work trip to Bristol, and was pleased with the large, clean rooms and pleasant decor and surroundings.

The only thing to let it down was that the mattress wasn't as comfortable as you would expect from a £100/night room, and it was a bit chilly in the night (without the air con, and in the warm summer that we have been enjoying)

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank benandglenn
Hi benandglenn
It’s great to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the rooms large & clean.
I really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed as a family 2children 4 and 6 and I have to say it was a lovely stay from the start we were looked after treated well lovely rooms, staff were so helpful and friendly!..... Restaurant was fantastic food was delicious and Agnes was a lovely and kind waitress.... Will definitely use this hotel again :)

2 Thank donna b
Hi Donna B
What a great review!!!
I’m really glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed your food in the newly re-branded Spot Kitchen & Bar menu.
I have shared your comments with the whole team and Agnes, as we really appreciate your feedback.
We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the holiday inn. I was very surprised at the quality, as it was head and shoulders above most of the holiday inns that I've stayed at - significantly closer to a Crowne Plaza than the other Holiday Inns in fact. I would definitely recommend staying there - it's a great location for Cabot Circus and I don't have a bad word to say about it!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Haydonlawrence
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi Haydonlawrence
What a fantastic review of the hotel! I’m really proud that we were head and shoulders above most of the holiday inns that you have stayed in.
I’ve shared your comments with all the team. We love these kinds of reviews and appreciate all feedback.
I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I never walk into a restaurant that branches from a hotel chain, and walk out happy with the experience. The Spot was a surprising, clear exception to this rule. Boasting an eclectic mix of cuisines catering to all tastes, I had the Bristol Smashed Burger with beer battered onion rings inside, the type of thing that sets The Spot apart, bringing a trendy twist to an otherwise drudging area when it comes to eating. Good atmosphere with waiting staff always on hand and cheerful, highly recommend for family lunch or dinner out. I will certainly be visiting again, and next time I'm coming for those ribs recommended by John!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Walter24601
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
What a fantastic review!
It’s great to see you enjoyed your recent meal in the newly re-branded Spot Kitchen & Bar.
I will second the recommendation for the ribs, as I also love them!
I look forward to welcoming you back really soon.