“Brooks Guesthouse”

Ranked #3 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Hereford
“Brooks Guesthouse”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Was booked as part of a large group. Man on reception was extremely helpful, polite and efficient. Rooms and décor lovely and clean. Breakfast was delicious, but running out of sausages was not good, a fair few of the people we were travelling with missed out. Also, no bowls for cereal or glasses for juice were out. But the food we had was really good quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Polish first
crowland, lincolnshire, uk
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I booked and confirmed my stay here, or so I thought. Arriving and being told there was no reservation looked like a disaster in the making. But after checking my inbox and credit card, I found this was MY mistake, not theirs. Alas, Brooks was full, but the receptionist could not have been more helpful. Looked up alternatives on his computer and let me stay in the residents lounge to search on my iPad for myself. As this was my error, I could not have asked for more. Of course, I will be back when next in Bristol, about two weeks from now.

Service isn't about vision statements and corporate hype. Mist about young men like this receptionist doing more thN he needed to to ensure I was ok. Thank you

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
carlabrooks, Owner at Brooks Guesthouse Bristol, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
thank you for your lovely comments, we would love you to come and stay with us hopefully soon
Perth
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay at Brooks. Very contemporary décor, with a nice feel to the place. Bedroom was quite small, but I knew I had booked a small room. Very clean and lovely bathroom. Chef had a great sense of humour! Taxi driver dropped us off on Baldwin Street and said “ your guest house is up there somewhere!” Bristol is a great city to visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed at Brooks Guesthouse Bristol for one night whilst visiting friends in Bristol. It's situated right in the middle near St Nicholas' Market in the Old City,which is a lovely area of the city. The hotel is down a lane and is gated at the front,with a lovely courtyard at the entrance to the reception. When I arrived, I was advised the desk is only manned between 8am-8pm and the key to your room opens the gate and the main door,should you wish to come back later at night. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful and showed me the way to my room. The room was very cosy and of a vintage design,with shutters on the windows and comfy bedding. Both the bedroom and bathroom were clean and tidy with minimal fuss. I came back late at night, where on the main street were quite a few clubs,the music could be heard from the room but not much of a problem. The following morning, I went down to the open kitchen/living area and sat down for breakfast. My order was taken pretty quickly and I could watch my eggs benedict being made!! The breakfast was lovely and fresh and staff were helpful and pleasant. On checking out, the receptionist offered if I wanted to leave my bags with them,whilst I had a wander around and collect them later,really good customer service. I would definitely make a point of staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
United Kindom.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I feel bad in saying this as I stayed here a year ago and am only now leaving a review...shocking, I know.

Brooks Guest House was one of the most delightful hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. Superb owner, who (even though we were very late checking in our rooms and probably a bit of a nightmare - two 23 year olds faffing about with luggage can't be much of a delight) was very welcoming and friendly. Helped us with our bags and showed us to our rooms, no trouble at all!

As we were visiting Uni friends in Bristol this was such a great location, you are literally in the heart of the city.

Our room was beautiful, especially the shutters and decor. A very French/modern vibe and extremely clean. Breakfast was to die for, with a lot to choose from.

This hotel is a real hidden gem, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet stay make sure you let them know as one side of the hotel faces a bus...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Spent a single night at Brooks and although the hotel is very nice, though the oohs are quite small, the location made it a very noisy place to stay with student revellers carousing outside till the early hours then building works in the area at 7am.

Breakfast was good, fresh made in front of you and the staff were all pleasant but I won't be staying again because the noise and lack of close parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karl S
Leicestershire
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A small but very stylish hotel with friendly staff. Ideally located for bars, restaurants, theatre, shops etc. Spotless room, comfortable bed and pillows, no bath but modern if small shower room was an efficient use of space. Loved the 'White Company' shampoo and shower gel. Honesty bar in the guest lounge was great value, Paid £8.50 extra for breakfast, a good choice all cooked to order. Best to park car at food market entrance (sat nav finds it) on double yellow lines to offload bags and grab the address of the NCP car park where you can park for over 24 hours for only £10 payable through the hotel. Its only a short walk back up steps and across 2 roads. So much nicer to stay here than at the usual corporate hotels around the city. Only downside-no aircon so although a quiet location the room was warm.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple