“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of The Lounge

The Lounge
Ranked #529 of 1,576 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment
London,UK
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My most recent visit to the Lounge was less successful than previous visits have been. My colleague and I went there for lunch but found that several items on the menu were not available, and staff seemed to e a little confused about what they did have or did not have. My food arrived some time after my colleague had finished eating hers (no point in letting it get cold!). I had soup and a half a panini which were both excellent. The soup in a mug was VERY hot so in order to eat it before having to go back to work I had to spoon it out onto the plate to cool. Fortunately it was a thick soup and a plate with slanted sides! Delicious once I could eat it without burning my mouth.
I would still come back here in the future as the staff are always lovely even if they aren't quite sure of their menu etc. And the food is good.

• Visited May 2014
The L, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
HI,

Thank you so much for your review, and thank you for being patient with the sold out, we just had a menu change over. come in and try out some of our new plates.

The soup and panini deal is great ,you get a little taster of both and the soup is made fresh and in house by our lovely chefs.

Thanks again.

Lounge

Bristol
“Great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We've been to the lounge twice already...and my sister only moved to the area two weeks ago! This is a lovely cafe/bar/restaurant in Southville.....which I think will appeal to everyone. There are plenty of delicious drinks on offer, though we love the orchard pig soft drinks! The menu is American themed, which I think is actually quite a nice touch. We came back from the states 5 days ago, and went here the day after.....and although the portions are smaller (a good thing!) the Taste is delicious! Thourghly enjoyed the chilli dog and fries :) only one small issue found on our first visit, there were an awful lot of staff around, but only one person serving at the bar.....had to wait about ten mins for a second drink whilst food was being served....however, only minor detail..... I am certain we shall be back in the very near future.

The L, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
HI,

Thank you so much fro your review, we really appreciate any all feedback.

The dogs are great and have been on the menu for a while, you can even upgrade and add sides to them now, which is amazing, however they do tend to turn into a mega hot dog.

We are sorry about the wait sometimes its gets mega busy and we have to slow down the service on the bar for the kitchen.

The orchard pig totally minted is the staff favorite

Thanks again and hopefully see you soon.

Saf
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Return Trip”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had a great meal here with my family as a birthday treat. We were not disappointed food was great and the service charming.

1 Thank Roxy1948
The L, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hi there! I'm really glad you had a lovely night, we had great fun too - and the cake was brilliant! I hope John had a birthday to remember and we'll look forward to seeing you all again soon!

All the best,

Abby.
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place, atmosphere and staff - thanks for another great meal!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have been to The Lounge a fair few times over the years when visiting my sister and it has never been a disappointment. It's a great place to come and chill as a family or with friends or even by yourself for a coffee. The food is always great as well as the staff and the atmosphere. This month we came here for my Mum's birthday meal. The food was great and the staff were happy to accommodate extra requests. Brilliant meal! The music was great. The staff were fantastic and were joining in on the birthday dancing fun. The service was quick and we were not left waiting. Overall, a great experience (as usual!)

1 Thank Traveller101298
The L, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.

See you next time.
Saf
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Poor service; meal provided was not what I ordered”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

As I live locally, I have for several years found The Lounge to be a dependable place to meet friends, drink and eat, despite the notoriously slow service and lengthy waiting times for food, particularly breakfast at the weekend. However, over the past year, each visit has been a greater disappointment and the last time I ate there was the worst yet. For starters, the staff were even more aloof than usual, leaving four or five waiting customers stood at the bar without any acknowledgment whilst one stacked empty glasses and the other stood staring over our heads for several minutes (on a break, I assume?). Most importantly though, not one of my group received the food they ordered, as each meal differed from the menu listing; there was either a component of the meal missing, or a substitute had been provided without prior notification. I ordered the Lounge Dirty Baked Beans, which was listed on the menu as ‘BBQ pulled pork, cannellini, butter and baked beans, fried egg and toasted ciabatta’ but when mine arrived it contained no pulled pork, but instead chopped up pieces of smoked bacon. I don’t like smoked bacon and the main selling point of this meal is the pulled pork, which was why I ordered it. Also, the toasted bread was not a ciabatta and the egg on my meal had been poached, not fried. Whilst I am not adverse to a poached egg, I do not understand why they chose to cook the egg in a different manner to that specified on the menu?!
Overall, a great disappointment. Whilst I still frequent The Lounge to drink and may occasionally order a Lounger or fish finger sandwich, there are at least three or four places on North Street which provide a superior breakfast.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank StBSnake32
The L, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hi,

I am ever so sorry to hear about your visit to Lounge in January.

Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, and bring it to our attention.

Its quite concerning that none of your table received what you ordered and it was incorrect. I do apologies.
However i would like you to come back to Lounge and give us another chance. We have had a total change in management since your last visit. Myself and my manager pride ourselves on customer service and making the customer happy.
The experience you received will definitely not be happening again.

As for the wait on the weekend, we do get very busy and like to give a steady pace of food checks to the kitchen so the food waits are not as long for you, the customer.

Hopefully see you soon.