“Lunchtime dissapointment” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
“Lunchtime dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I walked past this place on many occasions and seeing quite a lot of people inside I assumed it was a good place to go. Unfortunately my experience wasn't great. I went to Café on the Square around 12ish to have a lunch with my friend. We both ordered jacket potatoes and a cup of tea. Tea arrived straight away however we had to wait 35 mins for our food to arrive. There were only 5 other customers' in the café at the same time and it seemed that there were 3 people serving/working on the till. When our jackets arrived they were very average, slightly hard in the middle. Salad was not impressive either. As the result of the long wait we had to rush through the meal in 10 mins to get back to work on time. We may just come in on a wrong day but I neither of us is willing to give this place a second chance.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Wynnum QLD
“A great cafe in a quiet street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was really glad to find this little cafe; it's a few minutes' walk from the brash Harbourside area and much more pleasant than the huge, dark cafe bars there. We had lovely home-made soup and crusty bread, followed by very good coffee. The Cafe on the Square is very popular with nearby office workers who were buying freshly made sandwiches and rolls that looked really good too. The staff were cheerful and pleasant to deal with, prices were reasonable. I think it might be open Monday-Friday only.

• Visited May 2014
“Great cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had lunch here today with my cousin, staff very friendly , reasonably priced lunch, had a jacket potatoe myself filled with roasted veg and three cheeses, my cousin had a wrap followed by a chocolate and coconut flapjack which was delicious, also had a choice of gluten free cake which would have been great for me had I not been to full up from my jacket potatoe. Will definitely be returning, glad we came across this cafe on our walk.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Debbie R
“What a transforming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Have a meeting with friend in queen square , we went to cafe shop called cafe on the square again. What a transforming , the menu looking very good and the price is so reasonable.
We were told the it is under new management now, well done , cafe on the square, the coffee was so good , the chicken mushroom panini was so taste , we definitely come back again

• Visited January 2014
Bristol
“Warm and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Lovely cakes and brews all at a reasonable price and friendly staff. It's just what Sea Mills needs!

• Visited March 2013