“Great stay with amazing food”
Review of Thornbury Castle

Thornbury Castle
Ranked #58 of 194 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: Who hasn't dreamed of staying in a romantic castle tucked away in the English countryside? You can at the 16th-century Thornbury, which is a perfect home base for exploring the region of South Wales, the Cotswolds, Bristol, Wye Valley and Somerset.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great stay with amazing food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here on a Sunday night en route to cornwall for the week and had an excellent experience.

We were able to take out dog (Elvis), had a friendly and warm welcome from all of their staff and received great service for both dinner and breakfast meals.

In regards to the food....the dinner we had was 10/10!!! Every dish was perfect; the aperitifs were also amazing and the wine was very good too. Couldn't fault anything.

We also had a very good breakfast; good selection of fruits and cereals and then something cooked.

We would certainly recommend staying here. There was a wedding the day before and it looks like a great location for one. Lovely grounds and food for one.

We will be returning with friends!

1 Thank Jut7

Bristol, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Posh Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friend and I went for afternoon tea for my birthday treat and it was fabulous. The surroundings were lovely and we sat in a little raised window alcove in the library. Plenty of tea and refills and a glorious array of sandwiches, cakes and scones with cream and jam. Too much for us to manage, but they very kindly provided a box to take leftovers home in :) Definitely going back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank LindaValentine50
England, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice castle. Worth a visit and afternoon tea there. Easy to park in their car park. Walk around the castle and garden.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linda W
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A magical birthday!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Well where can I begin?
Thornbury Castle was booked for me for my birthday as a surprise by my husband and wow what a surprise!!
A 500 year old Tudor castle, a huge deluxe room up a winging stair well. Sumptuous food, roaring fire, good wine and of course lovely company!

I can't thank the staff enough for their professionalism and attention to detail. Faye and her team really have made my birthday simply wonderful and memorable.

Bristol
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The lunches here are good and not too expensive. The quality of food is high. But if the morning is sunny and you want a real treat then try to get a booking for afternoon tea on the lawn. Such an english experience. A real treat.
Just dont count calories and spoil it. Enjoy the whole thing.

Visited August 2013