“Very underwhelmed!”

Ranked #492 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our party of 4 went to Jamie's Italian in Bristol last night and the the general consensus was we were very underwhelmed. Bland, unappealing food, average service. My pasta dish with clams was so bland, the sauce was watery and not fishy tasting at all....certainly a below average dish. My partner had the steak that was too earthy and lacking seasoning and flavour. As an Australian friends of mine would rave about your Sydney restaurant....hence I thought I would try it when in the UK. It seems Jamie has lost touch.....a bit like rick steins seafood place in padstow which was terrible. I have always been a fan of Jamie's but sadly this was a very disappointing experience. This was not Italian cooking.....bland boring food served in a funky setting......I will not be recommending.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am not a particular fan of Mr Oliver's "matey, cor blimey" style however I do admire his endeavours to get people to eat well.
Sadly I came away from this establishment feeling that I had paid a lot for not very much at all.
2 drinks and a lemonade came to £18, not a cheap wait for a table!
Starters of some antipasti were as expected, exactly as I could get from any supermarket, although to be fair the bread selection was very good.
I chose a penne pasta with a meat sauce, not great value at £12, especially as there was almost no meat in it, and the little sauce in it was fairly dry, really disappointing as I really can make this sort of thing easily at home, and much, much better than I was served here.
I left feeling distinctly underwhelmed, it wasn't rubbish it just really wasn't good, and I expected so much more.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Came here on Bank Holiday Sunday evening. Restaurant very busy and at the end of a long day, I suspect. The atmosphere and service were very good but I am sorry to say that the food was only average and took a long time to arrive. Disappointing first visit but could try again on a less busy day.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful food - AMAZING service and wonderful atmosphere - top marks on all counts. Would always return.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Dined here with my daughter after a hard days shopping in Bristol. The staff were very attentive, I ordered Jamie's Italian meat platter followed by the prosciutto and pear salad, puddings are never my favourite but a grappa and decaffeinated coffee found their way to my place. It was a memorable and unhurried evening buzzy and lively surroundings.