“Lost our reservation!”

Ranked #304 of 1,576 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lost our reservation!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived here on Friday evening looking forward to spending a weekend in Bristol. We had booked earlier that week. We know Clifton very well as a friend used to live there and we often used to stay. We told the girl on the front desk we had a reservation but she couldn't find it and said they were fully booked, she did say we could come back in 45 minutes and she might be able to fit us in. This was really annoying as we had already been for a pre dinner drink and were now pretty hungry so didn't want to wait around for another 45 min. especially when we had arrived on time for the booking we had made. Our host suggested that we had booked the wrong restaurant and said this often happens as they have several restaurants in Bristol (we were fully aware of this as we had been visited one of the other restaurants before) so found this rather rude as we had already explained that it was the Clifton restaurant we had booked. Mistakes do happen but their attitude wasn't at all good, they could have just said sorry there has obviously been a mistake have a drink on us whilst you wait for a table which would have been fine. I highly recommend you get your booking confirmed by email or text before you visit to ensure you don't have a wasted journey as we did. I'd love to have written a more positive review based on the food we had eaten but unfortunately we didn't get to eat!

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Alcester, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food outside of india”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The title of my review says it all, I have been to india a few times & have not had food this authentic in the uk.
The atmosphere & service were great.
We felt very welcome with our toddler who also loved the food

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Have visited Thali cafe many times and also have a tiffin for takeaways!
The food is always delicious, quick and such reasonable prices. Staff are always friendly and helpful.
Will continue to visit for yummy food. And would definitely recommend the Keralan salad, it's addictive!

Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

On a trip to Bristol we found this lovely restaurant. We hadn't booked, but were made to feel very welcome & the waitress found us a table within five minutes. All the staff were attentive, polite. The menu was varied & interesting. I had a pumpkin curry which was so flavoursome & plenty of food. My Husband had the Mongul curry which is a chicken curry & again he found it to be very tasty not over powering with one flavour. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend friends & family to visit if in the Clifton area.

Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous place”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

First of all the decor and furniture is really lovely. The stairs are covered in fairy lights and there are plants dotted around the room which you don't see in enough restaurants nowadays.

We had the city snacks to start with were gorgeous, really well cooked.
Then for main I the Mogul & my friend had the Northern. It was really really tasty & I loved that you get more than one dish with your main.
My only criticism of the food was that I wish we were given some poppadoms included in the main as with all the curry's you need something to mop up the last bits when you've run out of rice!
We had to buy a couple, but at 85p each its not going to break the bank unless you're with a big party.

I found the waitresses to be quite unfriendly too... I don't know whether we caught them on a bad day but i don't think we were smiled at once during our meal - until a waiter (looked like he had just started his shift) started serving and he was extremely nice.

Overall, for the price and the quality of the food, i would definitely return!